Jack Curry

Default Shopping for gas grill . . .HELP!!!

"Whahahaha" <

> >>I will now (by myself) put my WSM in the trunk of the car and take it
> >>to my mother's house across town to cook a few slabs (9) of BB's.
> >>Should be smoking in about a 45 minutes. Hehe. Try THAT with a
> >>commode-O!

Huh? What, you think cooker portability is a critical element of cooking
barbecue? If that's your ranking criteria for your pit, good on ya dude,
but it doesn't really matter too much to me and if it did, I guess I'd get
one of Big Jim's trailer rigs. Most everyone here agrees that WSMs are
wonderful machines, so what's the point in your neener-neener attitude with
the "commode-O" comparison?

Is this a jealousy thing or booger-buildup (excess snot)?

Jack Curry

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:49:31 -0500, Whahahaha
> > wrote:
>
> <I snipped that stuff you were too lazy to snip>
>
> >Obsess much?

> I always get a chuckle out of watching someone ON USENET comment on
> the extent to which someone else uses Usenet, or how someone else
> spends his time. Keep it up. You're amusing me.
>
> >If you and the rest of the "K brigade" want to hammer everyone in this
> >"BBQ Newsgroup" (not "K" ng) with the kam0do every friggin chance you
> >get, expect and accept some differing opinions! Quit being such a big
> >pussy about it!

> It's a good idea to actually read the message you're replying to. Cal
> the Boring Bozo can express any opinion he wants about Kamados or
> anything else you care to name. What he can't do is lie about what he
> has said and expect people to give him a free pass.
>
> He said he had never called the Kamado inferior. Five minutes on
> google shows that statement to be fundamentally untrue. Understand
> now?

I never said it was inferior. Repeat after me (take a zoloft first
though). I never said it was inferior.

The ceramic cooker is a great concept. The K has the strength of size
and gas option. The Kamado has everything it takes to be an excellent
product but due to poor execution they **** it up. GD,BGE and Primo have
their shit together. Is this so hard for you to understand.

-CAL
cl

Jack Curry wrote:

> Is this a jealousy thing or booger-buildup (excess snot)?
>
> Jack Curry

Why would he be jealous if it isn't a thing to boast about?

Obviously there is a bit a penis envy in the circle of K.

-CAL
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:10:34 GMT, cl > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:49:31 -0500, Whahahaha
>> > wrote:
>>
>> <I snipped that stuff you were too lazy to snip>
>>
>> >Obsess much?

>> I always get a chuckle out of watching someone ON USENET comment on
>> the extent to which someone else uses Usenet, or how someone else
>> spends his time. Keep it up. You're amusing me.
>>
>> >If you and the rest of the "K brigade" want to hammer everyone in this
>> >"BBQ Newsgroup" (not "K" ng) with the kam0do every friggin chance you
>> >get, expect and accept some differing opinions! Quit being such a big
>> >pussy about it!

>> It's a good idea to actually read the message you're replying to. Cal
>> the Boring Bozo can express any opinion he wants about Kamados or
>> anything else you care to name. What he can't do is lie about what he
>> has said and expect people to give him a free pass.
>>
>> He said he had never called the Kamado inferior. Five minutes on
>> google shows that statement to be fundamentally untrue. Understand
>> now?
>>

>I never said it was inferior. Repeat after me (take a zoloft first
>though). I never said it was inferior.

My goodness, but you are thick, aren't you? You didn't say it was
inferior. Instead, you posted a number of derogatory comments about
the effectivness, quality, and usefulness of Kamados, all of which,
taken together, constitute a negative assessment of the K and which,
taken together, might lead a reasonable person to conclude that you
consider the K an inferior cooker.

See, that's kind of the point behind me reposting excerpts from your
posts. Any of this starting to sink in, son?

>The ceramic cooker is a great concept. The K has the strength of size
>and gas option. The Kamado has everything it takes to be an excellent
>product but due to poor execution they **** it up. GD,BGE and Primo have
>their shit together. Is this so hard for you to understand.

Mind you don't hurt yourself backpedalling that way.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Duwop

Dave Bugg wrote:
> cl wrote:
>
>> Leave him alone and ask how he got carpal tunnel.

> And the funny thing is, CAL doesn't understand just how typically
> "CAL" that statement is. <rolling eyes>

Another CALism (true one):

"I'm not trying to be a dick."

That's so sad

<BFEG>

Dave Bugg

cl wrote:

> Ok, lets try again:
>
> I never said it was inferior. Repeat after me (take a zoloft first
> though). I never said it was inferior.

Sure you did:

"...I guess they just
don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty product on quality
problems will be the only way to rectify the situation. Why else would the
producer change if they feel the consumer is ok with mediocrity?"

(Date: 2004-07-16 06:17:22 PST )

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:58:50 -0700, "Dave Bugg"
<deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote:

>cl wrote:
>
>> Ok, lets try again:
>>
>> I never said it was inferior. Repeat after me (take a zoloft first
>> though). I never said it was inferior.

>Sure you did:
>
>"...I guess they just
>don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty product on quality
>problems will be the only way to rectify the situation. Why else would the
>producer change if they feel the consumer is ok with mediocrity?"
>
>(Date: 2004-07-16 06:17:22 PST )

Exactly. Kind of mind-boggling the way he continues to deny his own
words.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Duwop

Dave Bugg wrote:

Dave, you know what they say about arguing with the likes of CAL, he'll
bring you down to his level where he's got more experience than you, stop
while you're ahead.
Beside your argument is invalid according to him, if you've noticed, even
when he writes something he's not responsible for what he writes, if its
something bad, invariably its someone elses fault.

Question, why try to reason with a demonstrably unreasonable person? It
don't take, so stand back, but down that reason and pick up a sharp stick.
You'll feel much better about the exchanges too.

Michael

"cl" > wrote in message

Ok son, let's try a simple thing...snip the irrelevant stuff from the
not to killfile you but you are such a dumbass.

Dave Bugg

Michael wrote:

> I haven't been good about visiting the group lately but when and
> where did this guy come from?

He came from the State of Confusion

Dave Bugg

DooDeDoo wrote:

> I can post my pic of the hairy buger with the chunk of meat attached.
> It will be right under the pic of bugg's carpal tunnel surgery. Would
> that be Okiedokie?

Funny, both you and CAL mistakenly assume that I posted a pic of my surgery
and have made reference to it. A coincidence? Doubtful.

Default User

DooDeDoo wrote:

> I can post my pic of the hairy buger with the chunk of meat attached.
> It will be right under the pic of bugg's carpal tunnel surgery. Would
> that be Okiedokie?

*plonk*

Brian Rodenborn
Monroe, of course...

In article >, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

> Jack Curry wrote:
>
> <bs snipped>
> >

> > Hoobaby, we got ourselves an infestation of numbnuts.
> >
> > Jack Curry
> > -can you say "Sock Puppet?"-
> >

> School's out for summer...
>
> <hey, that sounds familiar! ;-) >

It's an old Clapton tune I believe.....

monroe(looking wonderful tonight)
cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:

> You can't get over your obsession with attacking kamado, even when told
> repeatedly that most folks hear use other pits. You have such tunnel

vision
> that you refuse to see reality. Gang mentality? Only as far as your sorry
> ass is concerned.

I haven't attacked the K, only the ones that hold it to a godlike stature.
They are too idiotic to realize the reverence they give it inspite of the
quality issues only perpetuates Kamado's (company) BS.

> > It is crazy you guys (and the pussboy Monroe) get your feeling hurt
> > when discussing things as simple as grills, smokers and bbq.

> FEELINGS hurt??? The only one I see crying is you,

What? You promised to leave the group just yesterday. I enjoy this only in
hopes the ignorance that is purveyed here will be a thing of the past. I'd
do better with powerball odds though.

> > All is
> > well as long as someone strokes your ego by mentioning a K but my
> > lord if you speak against it... If your going to talk shit
> > (especially in USENET) then back it up but without ever failing to
> > realize it is between two people that enjoy talking, cooking and
> > eating bbq. You get your kicks out of talking shit about technology
> > in an arena that can be mastered using something as simple as a
> > trashcan. Get over it. If the end result is bbq and it tastes great
> > who 'for the love of god' cares how it was produced.

> Do you even have a clue as to how your tirade just came across. Of COURSE
> not. You go off on a rant about folks who rant. How typically "CAL"

Sure I do. Now do you realize how your unequivical brand loyaly to Kamado
comes across?

> > If your going to attack or make statements that can be the subject of
> > debate, then expect rebuttals.

> From you. Big threat. The only thing you can do is offer a "CAL"

No threat, just an accurate description of how you skirt the issues.

> > If you can't back up your statement
> > maybe you need to regroup and question your basis of that statement.

> Maybe your mom needs to question your conception.

You apparently asked yourself that question on your mother's behalf.
Hell I guess I might as well participate in the personal attacks now since
you can't answer the questions and attack me.

But the reality is this would have been a whole lot easier had you just
answered the question ( god forbid just saying. "no i havent used a hybrid
grill yet so I can't comment")

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:

> You can't get over your obsession with attacking kamado, even when told
> repeatedly that most folks hear use other pits. You have such tunnel

vision
> that you refuse to see reality. Gang mentality? Only as far as your sorry
> ass is concerned.

I haven't attacked the K, only the ones that hold it to a godlike stature.
They are too idiotic to realize the reverence they give it inspite of the
quality issues only perpetuates Kamado's (company) BS.

> > It is crazy you guys (and the pussboy Monroe) get your feeling hurt
> > when discussing things as simple as grills, smokers and bbq.

> FEELINGS hurt??? The only one I see crying is you,

What? You promised to leave the group just yesterday. I enjoy this only in
hopes the ignorance that is purveyed here will be a thing of the past. I'd
do better with powerball odds though.

> > All is
> > well as long as someone strokes your ego by mentioning a K but my
> > lord if you speak against it... If your going to talk shit
> > (especially in USENET) then back it up but without ever failing to
> > realize it is between two people that enjoy talking, cooking and
> > eating bbq. You get your kicks out of talking shit about technology
> > in an arena that can be mastered using something as simple as a
> > trashcan. Get over it. If the end result is bbq and it tastes great
> > who 'for the love of god' cares how it was produced.

> Do you even have a clue as to how your tirade just came across. Of COURSE
> not. You go off on a rant about folks who rant. How typically "CAL"

Sure I do. Now do you realize how your unequivical brand loyaly to Kamado
comes across?

> > If your going to attack or make statements that can be the subject of
> > debate, then expect rebuttals.

> From you. Big threat. The only thing you can do is offer a "CAL"

No threat, just an accurate description of how you skirt the issues.

> > If you can't back up your statement
> > maybe you need to regroup and question your basis of that statement.

> Maybe your mom needs to question your conception.

You apparently asked yourself that question on your mother's behalf.
Hell I guess I might as well participate in the personal attacks now since
you can't answer the questions and attack me.

But the reality is this would have been a whole lot easier had you just
answered the question ( god forbid just saying. "no i havent used a hybrid
grill yet so I can't comment")

-CAL

cl

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> Dave Bugg wrote:
>
> Dave, you know what they say about arguing with the likes of CAL, he'll
> bring you down to his level where he's got more experience than you, stop
> while you're ahead.
> Beside your argument is invalid according to him, if you've noticed, even
> when he writes something he's not responsible for what he writes, if its
> something bad, invariably its someone elses fault.
>
> Question, why try to reason with a demonstrably unreasonable person? It
> don't take, so stand back, but down that reason and pick up a sharp stick.
> You'll feel much better about the exchanges too.

Reason with me? He would rather talk crap than discuss something on topic.
When cornered he fled.

-CAL

cl

"DoDeDo" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:15:56 GMT, cl > wrote:
>

> >Whahahaha wrote:

> >> LMAO!
> >>
> >> You so funny.

> >Leave him alone and ask how he got carpal tunnel.
> >
> >-CAL

> I actually thought it was pretty funny. I'll probably use it someday.
> Subtle humor. Like BBQ. Clapton. Sometimes less is better.
>
> I don't mind people poking fun at me. I give 'em enough ammunition on
> usenet to do so. As long as I am having fun and noone gets too bent
> out of shape, all is good.

I agree. They seems to really take this stuff to heart though.

-CAL

Dave Bugg

cl wrote:

> And in the same thread in an act of explaination:

Keep backpedaling. Let's look at the same quote again:
"...I guess they just don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty
product on quality problems..."

Hmmm. "...producer of a shitty product...." Any way you slice it you did
say the product was inferior.

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > And in the same thread in an act of explaination:

> Keep backpedaling. Let's look at the same quote again:
> "...I guess they just don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty
> product on quality problems..."
>
> Hmmm. "...producer of a shitty product...." Any way you slice it you did
> say the product was inferior.

Your inference is wrong. Spotty work leave open the opportunity of actually
turning out a good unit every so often. It depends on your roll of the dice
whether you get shit or gold. If it was inferior the design would be flawed
and there would be no possibility of turning out something good

-CAL

Dave Bugg

cl wrote:

> Reason with me? He would rather talk crap than discuss something on
> topic. When cornered he fled.

No one fled.

You, on the other hand, are nothing more than a cast-off condom. You've had
your ride, and full of the vile, putrifying load you're still clinging to.

Dave Bugg

cl wrote:

> That must be a wing of the 'looney' bin where I met you.

You think that reference to a past suicide attempt and stay at a private
hospital's mental health wing phases me? Try harder. You keep showing this
group just how putrid your soul really is. You might want to apologize to
your mom for wasting the space in her uterus.

Dave Bugg

cl wrote:

> So why is your thread titled: "Carpal Tunnel surgery. Pic on ABF"

Because I knew you'd be clueless as to figure out how to go see what it was.
Bwahahahaha

Dave Bugg

cl wrote:

> So why is your thread titled: "Carpal Tunnel surgery. Pic on ABF"

Because I knew you'd be clueless as to figure out how to go see what it was.
Bwahahahaha

Dave Bugg

cl wrote:

> Your inference is wrong.

It was your inference, Einstein. Here it is again"
"...I guess they just don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty
product on quality problems..."

> ... roll of the dice whether you get shit or gold. If it was inferior the
> design would be flawed and there would be no possibility of turning
> out something good

You are really turning summersaults trying to backpeddle so hard.

bbq

Cal,

I don't normally respond to these type of posts and I likely will not
continue to respond to this thread. I do think Kevin is an obnoxious
person, but he also is very detailed in what he writes. And, like he
says, google has a long memory.

You did write:
'That is just the effort of people to stoke their egos via ownership pride
inspite of the ignorant justifications they tend to make. I guess they just
don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty product on quality
problems will be the only way to rectify the situation. Why else would the
producer change if they feel the consumer is ok with mediocrity?'

You did write:

'If you haven't realized it, *service* is part of the product they
provide.
So you are ok with the service they give you?

That my friend makes the product shitty.'

I will say you are wrong. The product they provide is the Kamado of
various sizes with options. And I don't read that the Kamado is of poor
quality in any way, shape or form. ALL owners of a Kamado, that I know,
have described there K as an excellent cooker in performance and
quality. It is the companies lack of communication with the customers
and ability (or lack of) to maintain production schedules according to
what the customer is told when placing an order, that K owners are VERY
unimpressed and sometimes down right angry.

I do agree that product and service are tied together, meaning they both
contribute to the success or failure of a company, along with price, but
they are two different things. The product is the cooker itself. The
service is 'do they deliver the product as promised?' How in the world
they can stay in business is beyond me.

If your looking to argue till you 'win', congratulations. You've found
somebody in Kevin who will keep you busy for life. Please take it
privately or at least elsewhere.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

Paul Romesburg

Guys,

Appreciated your postings, as your discussion actually dealt with my
original post, versus being an addition to something reminicent of the 100
year's war.

Either of you have any experience regarding the Genesis line versus the
Summit line of grills? I mostly cook for my four person family and am
looking to move up from my rather inexpensive, and old, Kenmore two-burner
unit. I have the money for the Summit Silver, but if there is no real
difference in performance, other than just size, perhaps I could save some
ducats and go with a Genesis.

Your thoughts?

Paul

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Victor B. Putz wrote:
> >>go scout
> >>up a copy of the 06/04 Consumers Reports where there is a
> >>review. There are
> >>quite a few good bargains at a far lower price than $1500.

> > That's what I did, and wound up with a Genesis Silver B. It went
> > together in no time, is built quite sturdily, grills like a champ, and
> > only cost around $450-$500. Compared to other grills in even a nearby
> > price range, it's a fantastic deal.
> >
> > It sits on my deck right next to my cheap New Braunfels Hondo offset
> > firebox wood smoker. I don't grill in the Hondo, and I don't smoke in
> > the Genesis (although I have the option of grilling in the Hondo
> > should I desire a small charcoal fire or am feeding a small army and
> > grilling in the cooking chamber). But then, I'm a Unix guy--small
> > sharp tools that do the job they were designed for, and do it well. I
> > wanted something that could smoke, so I got the Hondo, and I wanted
> > something that I could turn on and sear a steak with, so I got the
> > genesis.
> >
> > Now, for the price of both of these combined, I probably could have
> > gotten a #9 textured Kamado (less the certainly exorbitant shipping
> > costs), but I like having the two separate items, and in any case
> > didn't even know about K's at the time. At some point I may screw
> > around with the Claymado idea (it just trips my "fun bizarre project"
> > trigger) and build something with a couple of giant earthen plant pots.
> >
> > But IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Genesis Silver B if you're
> > wanting a good sturdy reliable great-tasting gas grill, at least if
> > you're the sort (like me) who doesn't believe that "great-tasting gas
> > grill" is an oxymoron. But if you didn't think that, you wouldn't be
> > in the market for one anyway.
> >
> > -->VPutz

> I have the Gen. Silver B as well and will concur with all of the points
> made above. I can do ribs and such in it and they come out pretty good.
> Granted, not as good as in a unit designed specifically for "low and
> slow" but still pretty good all in all.
>
> As for grilling and price, I think it'd be pretty tough to beat the
> Weber. Plus their Customer Service is excellent if needed.
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:

> Are you talkin' to me? The guy who already stated that he carry the WSM,

and
> not Kamado at his store, because the customer service is unreliable? What

> numbnut. Bwahahaha.

Do what? I own a store and you didn't tell me. What the hell are you
dreaming up now?

> Everythings been answered, dipstick. Just because you refuse to accept the
> truth time and again, doesn't mean it hasn't been given.

No it hasn't . You never gave any evidence or support. Not one fact was
presented.

> I've used a couple, I've seen 'em demonstrated, and I've seen the pitch at
> trade shows. So, what's the point?

Which have you used and what did you find lacking? A quick demo isn't gonna
be a good testament to the effectiveness of a unit on BBQ, so I assume when
you say you have used one you used it to do a Q. Is that the case?

(see this is how the conversation should progress)

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:

> Are you talkin' to me? The guy who already stated that he carry the WSM,

and
> not Kamado at his store, because the customer service is unreliable? What

> numbnut. Bwahahaha.

Do what? I own a store and you didn't tell me. What the hell are you
dreaming up now?

> Everythings been answered, dipstick. Just because you refuse to accept the
> truth time and again, doesn't mean it hasn't been given.

No it hasn't . You never gave any evidence or support. Not one fact was
presented.

> I've used a couple, I've seen 'em demonstrated, and I've seen the pitch at
> trade shows. So, what's the point?

Which have you used and what did you find lacking? A quick demo isn't gonna
be a good testament to the effectiveness of a unit on BBQ, so I assume when
you say you have used one you used it to do a Q. Is that the case?

(see this is how the conversation should progress)

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > Reason with me? He would rather talk crap than discuss something on
> > topic. When cornered he fled.

> No one fled.
>
> You, on the other hand, are nothing more than a cast-off condom. You've

had
> your ride, and full of the vile, putrifying load you're still clinging to.

Oh so you lied or forgot that you posted this

"... I'll leave AFB to you, and spend any time I have
for posting on ABF. You get the last word because, at least for the next
few months, I'm unsubscribing so I won't even have the temptation to pop in.

For those who also post on ABF, I'll see ya there."

(Date Monday, July 19, 2004 2:02 PM)

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > Reason with me? He would rather talk crap than discuss something on
> > topic. When cornered he fled.

> No one fled.
>
> You, on the other hand, are nothing more than a cast-off condom. You've

had
> your ride, and full of the vile, putrifying load you're still clinging to.

Oh so you lied or forgot that you posted this

"... I'll leave AFB to you, and spend any time I have
for posting on ABF. You get the last word because, at least for the next
few months, I'm unsubscribing so I won't even have the temptation to pop in.

For those who also post on ABF, I'll see ya there."

(Date Monday, July 19, 2004 2:02 PM)

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > That must be a wing of the 'looney' bin where I met you.

> You think that reference to a past suicide attempt and stay at a private
> hospital's mental health wing phases me? Try harder. You keep showing

this
> group just how putrid your soul really is. You might want to apologize to
> your mom for wasting the space in her uterus.

No see you think that personal attack are fine when you initiate them but
putrid when thrown back in your face.

You opened that floodgate, not me.

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > That must be a wing of the 'looney' bin where I met you.

> You think that reference to a past suicide attempt and stay at a private
> hospital's mental health wing phases me? Try harder. You keep showing

this
> group just how putrid your soul really is. You might want to apologize to
> your mom for wasting the space in her uterus.

No see you think that personal attack are fine when you initiate them but
putrid when thrown back in your face.

You opened that floodgate, not me.

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > So why is your thread titled: "Carpal Tunnel surgery. Pic on ABF"

> Because I knew you'd be clueless as to figure out how to go see what it

was.

Yeah ok. You posted it because you are biding for attention.

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > So why is your thread titled: "Carpal Tunnel surgery. Pic on ABF"

> Because I knew you'd be clueless as to figure out how to go see what it

was.

Yeah ok. You posted it because you are biding for attention.

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > Your inference is wrong.

> It was your inference, Einstein. Here it is again"
> "...I guess they just don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty
> product on quality problems..."

Are your thoughts so jumbled that you have to make inferences from them? I
hope not as I certainly don't.

Have I not said in the past that I would like to have one except for not
wishing to deal with the headache of the wait, QA or CS?

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > Your inference is wrong.

> It was your inference, Einstein. Here it is again"
> "...I guess they just don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty
> product on quality problems..."

Are your thoughts so jumbled that you have to make inferences from them? I
hope not as I certainly don't.

Have I not said in the past that I would like to have one except for not
wishing to deal with the headache of the wait, QA or CS?

-CAL

cl

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> cl wrote:
>
> > Your inference is wrong.

> It was your inference, Einstein. Here it is again"
> "...I guess they just don't realize that calling a producer of a shitty
> product on quality problems..."

Are your thoughts so jumbled that you have to make inferences from them? I
hope not as I certainly don't.

Have I not said in the past that I would like to have one except for not
wishing to deal with the headache of the wait, QA or CS?

-CAL

cl

"bbq" > wrote in message

> I do agree that product and service are tied together, meaning they both
> contribute to the success or failure of a company, along with price, but
> they are two different things. The product is the cooker itself. The
> service is 'do they deliver the product as promised?' How in the world
> they can stay in business is beyond me.

The Kamado company takes on the role of production, marketing, distribution
and support. All aspects of the supply chain have to be taken into account
in developing the products quality. Design can be perfect but execution
ultimately determines its worth. If parts are missing, that is their fault
and that renders the product less capable. If tiles are put on with a
mortar/joint compound that cannot take the elements, it is of poor design.
(Their design includes production, so maybe the production should include a
second firing after applying the tiles). If delivery is months late,
especially given the enormous cost, you expect more that subpar quality. The
other cookers can be used to do a high temp cook upon arrival. Why do you
think the K is cannot. They skimp yet they still charge a premium. When
delivered a promised, the K is a nice unit and enjoys a few advantages that
the other ceramics do not. Unfortunately seldom is it delivered as promised.
Once again, great it has potential but it is being happered by the K company
to the point that it is placed in the consumers hands in a shitty state.

-CAL

cl

"bbq" > wrote in message

> I do agree that product and service are tied together, meaning they both
> contribute to the success or failure of a company, along with price, but
> they are two different things. The product is the cooker itself. The
> service is 'do they deliver the product as promised?' How in the world
> they can stay in business is beyond me.

The Kamado company takes on the role of production, marketing, distribution
and support. All aspects of the supply chain have to be taken into account
in developing the products quality. Design can be perfect but execution
ultimately determines its worth. If parts are missing, that is their fault
and that renders the product less capable. If tiles are put on with a
mortar/joint compound that cannot take the elements, it is of poor design.
(Their design includes production, so maybe the production should include a
second firing after applying the tiles). If delivery is months late,
especially given the enormous cost, you expect more that subpar quality. The
other cookers can be used to do a high temp cook upon arrival. Why do you
think the K is cannot. They skimp yet they still charge a premium. When
delivered a promised, the K is a nice unit and enjoys a few advantages that
the other ceramics do not. Unfortunately seldom is it delivered as promised.
Once again, great it has potential but it is being happered by the K company
to the point that it is placed in the consumers hands in a shitty state.

-CAL

cl

"Paul Romesburg" > wrote in message
> Guys,
>
> Appreciated your postings, as your discussion actually dealt with my
> original post, versus being an addition to something reminicent of the 100
> year's war.
>
> Either of you have any experience regarding the Genesis line versus the
> Summit line of grills? I mostly cook for my four person family and am
> looking to move up from my rather inexpensive, and old, Kenmore two-burner
> unit. I have the money for the Summit Silver, but if there is no real
> difference in performance, other than just size, perhaps I could save some
> ducats and go with a Genesis.
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> Paul

Notice the double walled construction of the higher end vs the lower end
weber. The air gap acts as an insulating layer and makes a difference in
recovery and how well the exterior can take the outdoor elements.

-CAL