Lester

Default European type hibachi charcoal grills

Hi,

In Russia we had rectangular type grills. There were long and narrow,
just wide enough to hold small scewers (we cooked mostly lamb using
cherry wood).
I haven't been able to find any in US (except cheap ones used for
camping).
The one I'm looking for should be made of heavy metal with 4 legs and
at least 4 feet long.

Thanks
LY

Lester wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Russia we had rectangular type grills. There were long and narrow,
> just wide enough to hold small scewers (we cooked mostly lamb using
> cherry wood).
> I haven't been able to find any in US (except cheap ones used for
> camping).
> The one I'm looking for should be made of heavy metal with 4 legs and
> at least 4 feet long.

Never saw one 4 feet long in the US (the typical ones here were table
top units, with 2 or 3 small adjustable grills) but Lodge makes a small
cast iron hibachi-type-

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...9&menu=Outdoor

(Note-Amazon usually has Lodge stuff at very low prices)

And Renovation Hardware also sells a similar sized one:

http://www.restorationhardware.com/p...id=prod2230012

or try http://tinyurl.com/2eaot

Tyler Hopper

"Lester" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> In Russia we had rectangular type grills. There were long and narrow,
> just wide enough to hold small scewers (we cooked mostly lamb using
> cherry wood).
> I haven't been able to find any in US (except cheap ones used for
> camping).
> The one I'm looking for should be made of heavy metal with 4 legs and
> at least 4 feet long.
>
> Thanks
> LY

I doubt if you'll find one better that this:

http://www.bbqpits.com/steak.htm

They will build anything to your specs and it will last a life time.

_________
ht_redneck

Dave Bugg

Tyler Hopper wrote:

> I doubt if you'll find one better that this:
>
> http://www.bbqpits.com/steak.htm

:-) That's the C-5 Galaxy of hibachis.

Tyler Hopper

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Tyler Hopper wrote:
>
> > I doubt if you'll find one better that this:
> >
> > http://www.bbqpits.com/steak.htm

> :-) That's the C-5 Galaxy of hibachis.

Yeah, I know. Lodge does make a cast iron "Sportsman Grill" in the old style but
I have a hard time paying $75 for a friggin' hibachi.