Michael

Default Looking for offset smoker on Left Coast

Greetings gang. I've been drooling over pics of offset smokers for years
now, but since I owned an upright, I was having difficulty justifying the
purchase. Well, last weekend it finally bit the dust and I have a purchase
order from the SO. I can't seem to find one that's anywhere near the quality
I'm looking for. Are they all NB knock-offs now? Is it unreasonable to think
I can find one under or around $300?

Michael

Duwop

Michael wrote:
> Greetings gang. I've been drooling over pics of offset smokers for
> years now, but since I owned an upright, I was having difficulty
> justifying the purchase. Well, last weekend it finally bit the dust
> and I have a purchase order from the SO. I can't seem to find one
> that's anywhere near the quality I'm looking for. Are they all NB
> knock-offs now? Is it unreasonable to think I can find one under or
> around $300?

OK, west coast is a big place, can you be more specfic? And, what have you
seen already that you thought was sub-par? I suspect you are right though.

Yip Yap

"Michael" > wrote in message >...
> Greetings gang. I've been drooling over pics of offset smokers for years
> now, but since I owned an upright, I was having difficulty justifying the
> purchase. Well, last weekend it finally bit the dust and I have a purchase
> order from the SO. I can't seem to find one that's anywhere near the quality
> I'm looking for. Are they all NB knock-offs now? Is it unreasonable to think
> I can find one under or around $300?

This is an alternative to NB (AKA Char-Broil):

http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/item.bbq?invky=5839481

Construction is better than NB from what I've seen.

-- Yip
CHL

"Michael" > wrote in message >...
> Greetings gang. I've been drooling over pics of offset smokers for years
> now, but since I owned an upright, I was having difficulty justifying the
> purchase. Well, last weekend it finally bit the dust and I have a purchase
> order from the SO. I can't seem to find one that's anywhere near the quality
> I'm looking for. Are they all NB knock-offs now? Is it unreasonable to think
> I can find one under or around $300?
>
> Michael

If you're close to Sacramento why not consider a Kamado #3 MOSAIC at
$350. May be a little smaller than you require but worth considering
all the options.. no?
M&M

On 6-Jun-2004, (Yip Yap) wrote:

> "Michael" > wrote in message
>
> > Greetings gang. I've been drooling over pics of offset smokers for years
> > now, but since I owned an upright, I was having difficulty justifying
> > the
> > purchase. Well, last weekend it finally bit the dust and I have a
> > purchase
> > order from the SO. I can't seem to find one that's anywhere near the
> > quality
> > I'm looking for. Are they all NB knock-offs now? Is it unreasonable to
> > think
> > I can find one under or around $300?

> This is an alternative to NB (AKA Char-Broil):

http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/item.bbq?invky=5839481

> Construction is better than NB from what I've seen.
>
> -- Yip

Except for the SS shelf and cast iron grate that looks like the
New Braunfels/Charbroil Black Diamond. Darn good price too
if the shipping doesn't eat you up. That machine has about
twice the grill space of the NB/Charbroil Silver model.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

Michael

"CHL" > wrote in message
om...
> "Michael" > wrote in message

> > Greetings gang. I've been drooling over pics of offset smokers for years
> > now, but since I owned an upright, I was having difficulty justifying

the
> > purchase. Well, last weekend it finally bit the dust and I have a

purchase
> > order from the SO. I can't seem to find one that's anywhere near the

quality
> > I'm looking for. Are they all NB knock-offs now? Is it unreasonable to

think
> > I can find one under or around $300?
> >
> > Michael

> If you're close to Sacramento why not consider a Kamado #3 MOSAIC at
> $350. May be a little smaller than you require but worth considering
> all the options.. no?

OK, Dumbass newbie question. What does living in Sacramento have to do with
Kamado? Aren't they in Atl?

Tyler Hopper

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "CHL" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Michael" > wrote in message

> > > Greetings gang. I've been drooling over pics of offset smokers for years
> > > now, but since I owned an upright, I was having difficulty justifying

> the
> > > purchase. Well, last weekend it finally bit the dust and I have a

> purchase
> > > order from the SO. I can't seem to find one that's anywhere near the

> quality
> > > I'm looking for. Are they all NB knock-offs now? Is it unreasonable to

> think
> > > I can find one under or around $300?
> > >
> > > Michael

> > If you're close to Sacramento why not consider a Kamado #3 MOSAIC at
> > $350. May be a little smaller than you require but worth considering
> > all the options.. no?

> OK, Dumbass newbie question. What does living in Sacramento have to do with
> Kamado? Aren't they in Atl?

They have a distribution center in Atlanta. The company is based in Sac.

Where to buy offset smoker in Ottawa Mario Stargard Barbecue 4 14-06-2012 01:22 PM
Offset smoker question Ken Slimmer Barbecue 8 09-04-2007 12:46 AM
Left Coast History Lesson Sheldon General Cooking 33 02-06-2006 04:08 AM
Offset Smoker/Grills Ted Barbecue 18 23-11-2003 11:46 PM
Question about offset smoker... [email protected] Barbecue 4 02-10-2003 02:50 PM