DL

Default Stubb's Club?

I just got a mailing from the Stubb's Club. A membership card, coupon
for $1 off, a cover letter, $5 off coupon for their website, and $10
off coupon for Barbeques Galore. I can't recall signing up for this
but I probably did. Anyone else heard of this?

On a related note - That Stuibb's motto of "My Life Is In THese
Bottles" worries me since I read the "Legends of Texas Barbeque" book
and found out he is dead.

- -

DL

http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm

>> Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a *******.
>>

>First of all, Cedeño is not my buddy.

::::::::::::::::

"When you make fun of someone washing his truck, that's sad."
- Jeff Kent

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!
Nelson Brooks

ladies and gentlemen i am a cook

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Nelson Brooks"
> wrote:

> ladies and gentlemen i am a cook

Whut C.B.'s really saying these days:
"ladies and gentlemen-I am amazed at how these coffin riders are raking
in the dough on my good name. Time to spin in my box some more.."
(and singing)
"Summertime...when the livin is easy....."

monroe(who misses Stubbs chowchow dearly)
Steve Wertz

On Sat, 01 May 2004 01:27:12 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> wrote:

>In article >, "Nelson Brooks"
> wrote:
>
>> ladies and gentlemen i am a cook

>Whut C.B.'s really saying these days:
>"ladies and gentlemen-I am amazed at how these coffin riders are raking
>in the dough on my good name. Time to spin in my box some more.."
>(and singing)
>"Summertime...when the livin is easy....."
>
>monroe(who misses Stubbs chowchow dearly)

I like their (his) sauces but the actual restaurant is the pitts
as far as BBQ - Expensive and skimpy.

-sw
Monroe, of course...

In article >, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

> On Sat, 01 May 2004 01:27:12 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> > wrote:

> >monroe(who misses Stubbs chowchow dearly)

> I like their (his) sauces but the actual restaurant is the pitts
> as far as BBQ - Expensive and skimpy.

His original Lubbock location is now marked with a bronze statue of him
holding a platter of Q and is quite the shrine! Haven't had a Stubb's
Major since about 1986-the old man was still around then-and still
couldn't sing a note....

monroe(ahh memories)

Rob

DL > wrote in message >. ..
> I just got a mailing from the Stubb's Club. A membership card, coupon
> for $1 off, a cover letter, $5 off coupon for their website, and $10
> off coupon for Barbeques Galore. I can't recall signing up for this
> but I probably did. Anyone else heard of this?

Yup, mine just showed up Saturday. What's with that contest ending
today?
I signed up and had forgot that I did. Probably use the coupon for
some beef marinade that I like.

Rob