Joshua

Default What is Commerical Grade about the Commercial Grade line from CharBroil?

I saw one of these w/ brass burners for $299 at Lowes recently and like the
specs. I know what "Commercial Grade" *usually* means, but what,
specifically, is upgraded on this line compared to their usual (cheap) line
of grills?

Jason in Dallas

"Joshua" > wrote in message
> I saw one of these w/ brass burners for $299 at Lowes recently and like

the
> specs. I know what "Commercial Grade" *usually* means, but what,
> specifically, is upgraded on this line compared to their usual (cheap)

line
> of grills?

Having worked in bars and restaurants for years I can say that you can
barely get a commercial grade coffee maker or blender for $299, let alone a
charbroiler. If you can spend $100 or so more you'll be better off with a
Weber Genesis and after some years the Genesis will have a lower total cost
of ownership anyway since they last for decades.

I've no idea what CharBroil really means by "Commercial Grade" but am
insulted by their hyperbole.

Steve Wertz

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:57:32 -0600, "Joshua" >
wrote:

>I saw one of these w/ brass burners for $299 at Lowes recently and like the
>specs. I know what "Commercial Grade" *usually* means, but what,
>specifically, is upgraded on this line compared to their usual (cheap) line
>of grills?

Mostly the stainless steel.

http://www.charbroil.com/grills/commercial.asp

" Stainless steel is the substance of choice for professional
chefs in upscale restaurants. And now, with our Commercial
Series®, the rich-finish, rust-resistant beauty, and rugged
performance of stainless steel are equally at home in America's
backyards. These massive grills offer three burners that function
independently for direct grilling or indirect roasting."

-sw

SCUBApix

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:57:32 -0600, "Joshua" >
> wrote:
>
> >I saw one of these w/ brass burners for $299 at Lowes recently and like

the
> >specs. I know what "Commercial Grade" *usually* means, but what,
> >specifically, is upgraded on this line compared to their usual (cheap)

line
> >of grills?

> Mostly the stainless steel.
>
> http://www.charbroil.com/grills/commercial.asp

And I think everyone should check out their recipe for country ribs. Boy
does that recipe look good :>)

http://www.charbroil.com/recipes/dow...untry_ribs.asp

Steve Wertz

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:29:31 -0400, "SCUBApix"
> wrote:

>And I think everyone should check out their recipe for country ribs. Boy
>does that recipe look good :>)
>
>http://www.charbroil.com/recipes/dow...untry_ribs.asp

"Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes"

-sw

Stephen Russell

> >And I think everyone should check out their recipe for country ribs. Boy
> >does that recipe look good :>)
> >
> >http://www.charbroil.com/recipes/dow...untry_ribs.asp

> "Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes"

Well add some crab boil to the boil.