Chef Juke

Default Gonna have to get a new K....

Dang me.

Yesterday I had to 'cue a buncha meat (4 pork butts, 3 racks of ribs
and a 8 lbs brisket) for a luncheon for my team at work. Dang me if
there just weren't enough room on my #7 K to get it all to fit. Had
to go in shifts (unfortunately I will have to reheat it at work for
the actual luncheon) and use my WSM as backup.

Anyhow, this is obviously an untenable situation so I am now looking
at buying another K to help avoid such situations in the future.

Hmmmm...maybe an #11....?

;-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
http://www.chefjuke.com/kamado

Tyler Hopper

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Dang me.
>
> Yesterday I had to 'cue a buncha meat (4 pork butts, 3 racks of ribs
> and a 8 lbs brisket) for a luncheon for my team at work. Dang me if
> there just weren't enough room on my #7 K to get it all to fit. Had
> to go in shifts (unfortunately I will have to reheat it at work for
> the actual luncheon) and use my WSM as backup.
>
> Anyhow, this is obviously an untenable situation so I am now looking
> at buying another K to help avoid such situations in the future.
>
> Hmmmm...maybe an #11....?
>
> ;-)
>
> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
> http://www.chefjuke.com/kamado

Chef, doesn't sound like too much to me. Do you have the upper and lower grills
or are you just looking for an excuse to buy another one?

http://www.kamado.com/accessories.html

_________
ht_redneck

P.S. - I hear tell there will be a #11 this yr.

Chef Juke

wrote:

>Chef, doesn't sound like too much to me. Do you have the upper and lower grills
>or are you just looking for an excuse to buy another one?
>
>http://www.kamado.com/accessories.html
>
>_________
>ht_redneck
>
>P.S. - I hear tell there will be a #11 this yr.

Hey, I got the upper Grill, I got the hanging rack thingamajig, I got
the lower bracket with a pizza stone as a heat baffle...and I still
had too much meat to fit in at once...

but, that doesn't mean that I'm NOT looking for an excuse to buy
another one...maybe a custom this time....

;-)

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

JBSummer

Given the amount of time it usually takes for them to make one, I vote for
placing your order.
James Emanuel

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> Dang me.
>
> Yesterday I had to 'cue a buncha meat (4 pork butts, 3 racks of ribs
> and a 8 lbs brisket) for a luncheon for my team at work. Dang me if
> there just weren't enough room on my #7 K to get it all to fit. Had
> to go in shifts (unfortunately I will have to reheat it at work for
> the actual luncheon) and use my WSM as backup.
>
> Anyhow, this is obviously an untenable situation so I am now looking
> at buying another K to help avoid such situations in the future.
>
> Hmmmm...maybe an #11....?
>
> ;-)
>
> -Chef Juke
> "EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
> http://www.chefjuke.com/kamado

Chef Juke:

An option would be to win the Kamado cookoff in July. The rumor,
unconfirmed, is that first prize is a new #11. It might take a while to
collect, though.

James Emanuel (working on my own entries)

bbq

Chef Juke wrote:

> # 11 coming in 2004!
>

> Of course, given their adherence to time frames, that means the first
> one will roll off the assembly line sometime around '07..

ROTLMAO

Happy Q'en,
BBQ