Default User

Default Chicken Diavola

America's Test Kitchen did this recipe in last week's show, looked
pretty good. The basics a

1. A butterflied whole chicken, brined in a mixture with lots of garlic.

2. The bird pounded a bit in the breast area to flatten it more for even
cooking.

3. A mixture of garlic, crushed red pepper, black pepper and olive oil,
cooked a bit then worked under the skin of the chicken.

4. Cook with indirect charcoal heat, breast-side down. They used a Weber
kettle with a full chimney of briquettes off to either side. No grill
temps given, but probably pretty hot.

The exact recipe is below, note that it requires (free) registration to
view.

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipe/1052.shtml

Brian Rodenborn
Scott Franz

"Default User" > wrote in message
> America's Test Kitchen did this recipe in last week's show, looked
> pretty good. The basics a
>
> 1. A butterflied whole chicken, brined in a mixture with lots of garlic.
>
> 2. The bird pounded a bit in the breast area to flatten it more for even
> cooking.
>
> 3. A mixture of garlic, crushed red pepper, black pepper and olive oil,
> cooked a bit then worked under the skin of the chicken.
>
> 4. Cook with indirect charcoal heat, breast-side down. They used a Weber
> kettle with a full chimney of briquettes off to either side. No grill
> temps given, but probably pretty hot.
>

> The exact recipe is below, note that it requires (free) registration to
> view.
>
> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipe/1052.shtml
>

> Brian Rodenborn

It is a good recipe. I made it a few months back. Good stuff.

Scott

Scott Franz wrote:

> "Default User" > wrote in message
> > America's Test Kitchen did this recipe in last week's show, looked
> > pretty good.

> It is a good recipe. I made it a few months back. Good stuff.

It sounds good. I have a chicken in the freezer and may try it out this
weekend.

Brian Rodenborn

Springfield Missouri Cashew Chicken Nugget & Chicken Fried Rice Duane Novak Recipes (moderated) 0 18-04-2007 05:27 PM
A healthier Wendy's Spicy Chicken ( batter of baked chicken ). Thaddeus L Olczyk General Cooking 6 24-04-2006 11:50 PM
Vertical Chicken Roaster: CAJUN ROAST CHICKEN WITH CORN BREAD Duckie ® Recipes 0 13-07-2005 02:08 AM
Chicken Diavola Default User Barbecue 4 17-02-2005 01:22 AM
Chicken Ajíllo, El Charro (Chicken with Garlic and White Wine) Duckie ® Recipes 0 15-03-2004 12:19 PM