notbob

Default OT, .45 Springfield 1911

On 2004-03-26, Eddie > wrote:

> BTW, they would not take my police documents such as training
> certificates, commission, etc. (used them on my last handgun purchase)
> They said new law now only accepts active and retired LEO's. No DD214
> either. So had to take 31 question test after studying handbook on

> Also, new law states they have to demonstrate gun, and then buyer has
> to repeat demo. I don't know if this is state law, or federal.

Definitely state. Definitely California. Our state wasn't satisfied with
just having some of the most ****ed gun laws in the country, they had to
make them worse this year. As you said, nobody but cops get cut any slack.
Everyone else, including hunters, veterans, etc, are all taking it up the
ass. CA needs money, and it's your money they're gonna get!

For some reason I thought you were in AR or TX. But, when you started
describing the bullshit you had to go through, I knew you were in CA. Sure
enough, a neotrace of your IP shows you live in sc. I'm in SFBA too. Which
store had the Springfields on sale? What range do you shoot?

nb
notbob

On 2004-03-26, Eddie > wrote:

> title now is SJBA per U.S. Census Bureau, effective 1-1-04.
> http://www.ci.san-jose.ca.us/city_mg...ses/census.htm

Oh c'mon! I love SJ. Worked in the silly valley for 12 years, been in the
SFBA for 30. But, it's never going to be the SJBA. Sorry. SJ just doesn't
have the history and/or name recognition. That's just reality. For us
SFBA'ites, it's a none-issue (at least for me)

> rifle today. Just a .22 for my granddaughter.

Cool. Let them decide. I taught my daugter to shoot at a young age. And,
while she showed some real promise, she was not really interested after the
first 2-3 sessions. Hey ...her choice. I respect it.

nb