OhJeeez

Default "Horrifying Vegetarians Since 1980"

....thought to share this headline from The Post House (steakhouse) ad in
yesterday's NY Times.
notbob

On 2004-03-25, OhJeeez > wrote:
> ...thought to share this headline from The Post House (steakhouse) ad in
> yesterday's NY Times.

......love it!

nb
BOB

OhJeeez wrote:
> ...thought to share this headline from The Post House (steakhouse) ad in
> yesterday's NY Times.

There was a billboard from a local steakhouse with a similar message. I'll try
to remember where it was, and take a picture and post it on abf.

BOB

Kevin S. Wilson

http://www.webpak.net/~rescyou/bbq/godscreatures.jpg

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
OhJeeez

<< http://www.webpak.net/~rescyou/bbq/godscreatures.jpg >><BR><BR>

excellent!

Nicko

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:41:04 GMT, " BOB" > wrote:
>
> >OhJeeez wrote:
> >> ...thought to share this headline from The Post House (steakhouse) ad

in
> >> yesterday's NY Times.

> >There was a billboard from a local steakhouse with a similar message.

I'll try
> >to remember where it was, and take a picture and post it on abf.
> >

> http://www.webpak.net/~rescyou/bbq/godscreatures.jpg

Yay Swilson! I was hoping you still had that one!

--
YOP...

Clifford Payne

It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka, Kansas.

cliff, from pgh

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2004-03-25, OhJeeez > wrote:
> > ...thought to share this headline from The Post House (steakhouse) ad in
> > yesterday's NY Times.

> .....love it!
>
> nb

Beth Cole

Clifford Payne wrote:
> It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka, Kansas.

And there is even a bit of a story behind the motto! (I live about 45
miles from them.)

The brother-in-law of the male half of the couple who owns the joint is
a vegetarian. He was absolutely appalled at the quantities of 'que
(specifically, ribs & brisket) served every night not to long after it
opened in 1980. Thus, their motto has been true from the get-go!

(They were on one of the local radio stations a few years ago talking
about it. They've had to go to court a couple times now to protect the
motto from trademark infringement.)

Beth

--
The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or
cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men
L. Cook

"Beth Cole" > wrote in message
> Clifford Payne wrote:
> > It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka,

Kansas.

> And there is even a bit of a story behind the motto! (I live about 45
> miles from them.)
>
> The brother-in-law of the male half of the couple who owns the joint is
> a vegetarian. He was absolutely appalled at the quantities of 'que
> (specifically, ribs & brisket) served every night not to long after it
> opened in 1980. Thus, their motto has been true from the get-go!
>
> (They were on one of the local radio stations a few years ago talking
> about it. They've had to go to court a couple times now to protect the
> motto from trademark infringement.)
>
> Beth
>
> --
> The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or
> cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men
> who can dream of things that never were. --John F. Kennedy
> our home page: http://www.IsleOfSky.net

I think the thread got chopped, and now I am curious. . .what exactly was
the motto?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:21:41 -0400, "L. Cook" > wrote:

> I think the thread got chopped, and now I am curious. . .what exactly was
>the motto?

It's the title of the thread.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Dsorgnzd

"Clifford Payne" > wrote in message
> It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka, Kansas.
>
> cliff, from pgh

Back in 2002, Boss Hawg's got mentioned in the Sydney (Australia) Morning
Herald newspaper because of their motto. A friend in Australia sent me a
copy, which I sent on to Boss Hawg's. I hope it's on display someplace in
the restaurant.

Dsorgnzd

"Clifford Payne" > wrote in message
> It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka, Kansas.
>
> cliff, from pgh

Back in 2002, Boss Hawg's got mentioned in the Sydney (Australia) Morning
Herald newspaper because of their motto. A friend in Australia sent me a
copy, which I sent on to Boss Hawg's. I hope it's on display someplace in
the restaurant.

Beth Cole

Dsorgnzd wrote:
> "Clifford Payne" > wrote in message
>
>>It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka, Kansas.
>>
>>cliff, from pgh
>>

> Back in 2002, Boss Hawg's got mentioned in the Sydney (Australia) Morning
> Herald newspaper because of their motto. A friend in Australia sent me a
> copy, which I sent on to Boss Hawg's. I hope it's on display someplace in
> the restaurant.

Now that you mention it ... I think it is. They frame and hang just
about every clipping that gets sent to them.

(It's pretty good 'que. I've had better from smaller joints, like the
one we tried last weekend, in Winfield, Kansas. Dad runs the cooker,
Mom runs the kitchen, the two teenage girls handle the front, and the
pre-teen son sells lump charcoal in brown paper grocery sacks next to
the front door. They also sell smaller versions of the homemade offset
cooker that they use.)

Beth

--
The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or
cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men
who can dream of things that never were. --John F. Kennedy
our home page: http://www.IsleOfSky.net
Beth Cole

Dsorgnzd wrote:
> "Clifford Payne" > wrote in message
>
>>It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka, Kansas.
>>
>>cliff, from pgh
>>

> Back in 2002, Boss Hawg's got mentioned in the Sydney (Australia) Morning
> Herald newspaper because of their motto. A friend in Australia sent me a
> copy, which I sent on to Boss Hawg's. I hope it's on display someplace in
> the restaurant.

Now that you mention it ... I think it is. They frame and hang just
about every clipping that gets sent to them.

(It's pretty good 'que. I've had better from smaller joints, like the
one we tried last weekend, in Winfield, Kansas. Dad runs the cooker,
Mom runs the kitchen, the two teenage girls handle the front, and the
pre-teen son sells lump charcoal in brown paper grocery sacks next to
the front door. They also sell smaller versions of the homemade offset
cooker that they use.)

Beth

--
The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or
cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men
who can dream of things that never were. --John F. Kennedy
our home page: http://www.IsleOfSky.net
Clifford Payne

What's the name of the place? I'm due back in Kansas in September. My goal
is to hit the Pink Pig and Boss Hawgs in Topeka, and see what else I can fit
into my schedule!

Memory tells me that Winfield isn't far from Topeka, but my brain cells are
so clotted with 'que sauce that I could be wrong!
cliff, from pgh

"Beth Cole" > wrote in message
> Dsorgnzd wrote:
> > "Clifford Payne" > wrote in message
> >
> >>It's also the motto at a great 'cue joint, Boss Hawgs, in Topeka,

Kansas.

> >>cliff, from pgh
> >>

> > Back in 2002, Boss Hawg's got mentioned in the Sydney (Australia)

Morning
> > Herald newspaper because of their motto. A friend in Australia sent me a
> > copy, which I sent on to Boss Hawg's. I hope it's on display someplace

in
> > the restaurant.

> Now that you mention it ... I think it is. They frame and hang just
> about every clipping that gets sent to them.
>
> (It's pretty good 'que. I've had better from smaller joints, like the
> one we tried last weekend, in Winfield, Kansas. Dad runs the cooker,
> Mom runs the kitchen, the two teenage girls handle the front, and the
> pre-teen son sells lump charcoal in brown paper grocery sacks next to
> the front door. They also sell smaller versions of the homemade offset
> cooker that they use.)
>
> Beth
>
> --
> The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or
> cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men
> who can dream of things that never were. --John F. Kennedy
> our home page: http://www.IsleOfSky.net

K. Reece

"Clifford Payne" > wrote in message
> What's the name of the place? I'm due back in Kansas in September. My

goal
> is to hit the Pink Pig and Boss Hawgs in Topeka, and see what else I can

fit
> into my schedule!
>
> Memory tells me that Winfield isn't far from Topeka, but my brain cells

are
> so clotted with 'que sauce that I could be wrong!
> cliff, from pgh

Winfield is south of Wichita. They have a bluegrass festival every fall.

Kathy

K. Reece

"Clifford Payne" > wrote in message
> What's the name of the place? I'm due back in Kansas in September. My

goal
> is to hit the Pink Pig and Boss Hawgs in Topeka, and see what else I can

fit
> into my schedule!
>
> Memory tells me that Winfield isn't far from Topeka, but my brain cells

are
> so clotted with 'que sauce that I could be wrong!
> cliff, from pgh

Winfield is south of Wichita. They have a bluegrass festival every fall.

Kathy

TN Sassicaia Riserva 1980 cwdjrxyz Wine 0 25-01-2010 05:38 AM
moet & chandon 1980 Bulasty Wine 1 09-09-2008 06:27 PM
Look for 1980's Quaker Oats Cookie Recipe papageno[_2_] General Cooking 14 30-11-2007 06:37 PM
Concord Grape Wine 1980 Mail Man Bob Winemaking 5 04-08-2007 02:19 AM
Guang Yun 1980's - 7g - what size pot ? Draconus Tea 7 22-01-2007 10:26 PM