Master Chef Richard Campbell

Default What do your kids like?

Hi all,

In the past week we have discovered that our 14 month old loves Pho Dac
Blet, Bun Thit Heo Nuong Cha Glo, potato pancakes, brats, and tofu with a
little soy. She hates brocoli, spinach, and turnips. Are there any food
discoveries that surprised you?

Chef

Scarlet Pimpernel

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi all,
>
> In the past week we have discovered that our 14 month old loves Pho Dac
> Blet, Bun Thit Heo Nuong Cha Glo, potato pancakes, brats, and tofu with a
> little soy. She hates brocoli, spinach, and turnips. Are there any food
> discoveries that surprised you?
>
> Chef

Olives. When my oldest was 2, we were at some friends' for a barbecue, and
discovered that he had eaten all the olives in an (unattended) salad, and
neatly placed the pits back in amongst the lettuce :-0

/s

Graeme... in London

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi all,
>
> In the past week we have discovered that our 14 month old loves Pho Dac
> Blet, Bun Thit Heo Nuong Cha Glo, potato pancakes, brats, and tofu with a
> little soy. She hates brocoli, spinach, and turnips. Are there any food
> discoveries that surprised you?
>
> Chef

Richard,

I'm fortunate enough that my boys eat almost anything. They particularly
enjoy shellfish. Mussels, clams, cockles and scallops et al. My eldest will
sit for hours picking meat from a crab shell with a chopstick, carefully
discarding any small pieces of shell. Baby octopus is another favourite.

Get them involved in the kitchen as soon as you can and they will eat you
out of house and home!

Graeme

Oncler

My kids never ate anything too crazy when they were younger....I was able to
get them to eat a good variety of vegetables--Kohlrabe, collards, turnip
greens, Broccoli rabe.... Now they are both teenagers, and they are starting
to eat a wider variety of foods...which is fun. I am finally able to get
them to eat mushrooms! And it will soon be Morel season...so good with a
steak.

M&M

On 18-Mar-2004, "Master Chef Richard Campbell" >
wrote:

> In the past week we have discovered that our 14 month old loves Pho Dac
> Blet, Bun Thit Heo Nuong Cha Glo, potato pancakes, brats, and tofu with a
> little soy.

<snip>

Does anybody speak English here?

--
M&M ("The problem is that no matter what you do, there's
Sombody that won' t like it much") Tom Clancy

Master Chef Richard Campbell

Nope we only speak food!

Chef

"M&M" > wrote in message

> On 18-Mar-2004, "Master Chef Richard Campbell" >
> wrote:
>
> > In the past week we have discovered that our 14 month old loves Pho Dac
> > Blet, Bun Thit Heo Nuong Cha Glo, potato pancakes, brats, and tofu with

> > little soy.

> <snip>
>
> Does anybody speak English here?
>
> --
> M&M ("The problem is that no matter what you do, there's
> Sombody that won' t like it much") Tom Clancy

Robert

"Scarlet Pimpernel" > wrote in

> "Master Chef Richard Campbell" > wrote in
> message m...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the past week we have discovered that our 14 month old loves Pho
>> Dac Blet, Bun Thit Heo Nuong Cha Glo, potato pancakes, brats, and
>> tofu with a little soy. She hates brocoli, spinach, and turnips. Are
>> there any food discoveries that surprised you?
>>
>> Chef

> Olives. When my oldest was 2, we were at some friends' for a barbecue,
> and discovered that he had eaten all the olives in an (unattended)
> salad, and neatly placed the pits back in amongst the lettuce :-0
>
> /s

That's cute!

My roomate's sister came to visit over Christmas and her 2 year old
daughter was eating my Jalapeno Stuffed Olives. She loved them! That's
pretty impressive for a 2 year old.
Ivan Weiss

My daughter will be 12 in a month. I have brought her up right. She loves
pulled pork and all kinds of kimchi.

Yesterday she delivered some music to my ears. She said "Dad, Crystal Hot
Sauce isn't hot enough for me anymore. Give me some of that chipotle."
--
Ivan Weiss "Bush, Bush, where's my job?"
Vashon WA Gone to feed your greedy mob!"

Robert

"Ivan Weiss" > wrote in
:

> My daughter will be 12 in a month. I have brought her up right. She loves
> pulled pork and all kinds of kimchi.
>
> Yesterday she delivered some music to my ears. She said "Dad, Crystal Hot
> Sauce isn't hot enough for me anymore. Give me some of that chipotle."
> --
> Ivan Weiss "Bush, Bush, where's my job?"
> Vashon WA Gone to feed your greedy mob!"
> -- The Mugwump campaign, 2004

You're obviously a good parent!
Jack Curry

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 05:10:39 GMT, "Master Chef Richard Campbell"
> > wrote:
>

> >Hi all,
> >
> >In the past week we have discovered that our 14 month old loves Pho Dac
> >Blet, Bun Thit Heo Nuong Cha Glo...

> That almost sounds Vietnamese, except for those L's. Offhand, I
> can't think of anything Vietnamese with an L sound.
>
> -sw

Luc Luong Dac-Biet. RVN Special Forces. *Never* turn your back on 'em.

Jack Curry