AG

Default Reheating Ribs and pulled pork?

I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
Microwave covered and uncovered
oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
suggestions?

ag

Tank

"AG" > wrote in message
> I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
> Microwave covered and uncovered
> oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
> so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
> suggestions?
>
> ag

I have found the best way is a slow, slow and moist
reheat. I usually put the cold ribs on a cooling rack
in a large rectangular aluminum pan. I run about an
inch of water in the bottom of the pan. This provides
some moisture. I then put the pan in the oven at about
325 degrees, uncovered, and let it go for an hour to
an hour & a half. If you like sauce, paint some on
during the last half hour or so. Flip the ribs a couple
of times during the process. Basically, gentle, moist
heat seems to be the best course of action. This also
works well with chicken, I have found.

For pulled pork or beef, I put it in a large pan or
dutch oven, and actually add a bit of water, maybe a
cup, no more. Again, slow heat, around 300 or so,
for as long as it takes. After an hour or so, you can
add in some sauce if you like. You can also use a
crock pot, with similar results.

--
Tank

Welcome To the "Q" Zone

Master Chef Richard Campbell

I find that boil in a bag the best reheat method. It defeats dryness and is
fairly quick.

Chef

M&M

On 5-Feb-2004, "AG" > wrote:

> I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
> Microwave covered and uncovered
> oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
> so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
> suggestions?

Boiling in a baggy works for me. I haven't tried it with ziploks. All
of my stuff is vac packed. It goes straight from the freezer to the
boiling water. When the bag swells up from internal steam, I take
it off and eat it. Works for everything including veggies.

M&M
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:43:08 GMT, "Master Chef Richard Campbell"
> wrote:

>I find that boil in a bag the best reheat method. It defeats dryness and is
>fairly quick.

Boil in the bag works well. If you don't have a foodsaver, put pulled
pork in a steamer basket and GENTLY steam for a couple minutes.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

Buzz1

"AG" > wrote in message
> I have been trying various methods of reheating ribs and pulled pork.
> Microwave covered and uncovered
> oven covered and uncovered at various temps and times
> so far I have been unsatisfied with the way each comes out
> suggestions?

I either boil in the bag or microwave on a defrost setting

Buzz

reheating ribs Dimitri General Cooking 61 05-09-2009 02:01 AM
reheating ribs bk Barbecue 7 06-09-2005 10:07 PM
reheating pork shoulder? [email protected] Barbecue 12 24-04-2005 03:30 AM
Reheating & serving pulled pork? Bill Hortin Barbecue 2 24-10-2003 01:12 AM