Old 21-01-2004, 06:19 PM
AG

Default for us new to the group

I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

thanks
ag

Old 21-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:19:21 -0500, "AG" wrote:

I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

ON TOPIC
barbecue
grilling
food
food-related gadgets

OFF TOPIC
Most anything Kent H. posts, not so much because it has nothing to do
with barbecue, grilling, food, or food-related gadgets, but because it
appears to originate from an alternate universe in which the sky is a
sickly shade of green.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Old 21-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Nathan Lau

AG wrote:
I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

Welcome!

The unofficial charter for AFB is found in the BBQ FAQ:

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

Stick around for a while and you'll get the hang of the place.
--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include std.disclaimer

Old 21-01-2004, 07:33 PM
JL

Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:19:21 -0500, "AG" wrote:

I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

ON TOPIC
barbecue
grilling
food
food-related gadgets

OFF TOPIC
Most anything Kent H. posts, not so much because it has nothing to do
with barbecue, grilling, food, or food-related gadgets, but because it
appears to originate from an alternate universe in which the sky is a
sickly shade of green.

Follow-ups to alt.obsession.never.pretty

Old 22-01-2004, 01:49 AM
AG

Thanks
Glad to be here.
Took a look at the FAQ
Is the BBQ mailing list that it mentions dead or is this newsgroup that
list?
I tried the link to subscribe and it gave me a 404.

Old 22-01-2004, 04:10 AM
F.G. Whitfurrows

"AG" wrote in message
I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

thanks
ag

If it doesnt **** us off its on topic, if it does **** us off its off
topic.:)

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 22-01-2004, 05:49 AM
Ol' Hippie

What Fos said with bells on.

--
" Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely,
in one pretty, well preserved piece,

Old 22-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Duwop

Don;t forget you can use Google groups to find most answers to most
questions
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...group=alt.food.
barbecue

But don't use it too much, otherwise the natives will get restless and go
back to drinking, we don't want to encourage this, it can result in ugly
images on the binary group.....

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group Bakerman Baking 4 25-06-2008 03:50 AM
I Am New To This Group [email protected] General Cooking 35 02-12-2006 08:04 PM
TO THE GROUP......... Shiver General Cooking 4 23-09-2006 04:43 PM
New to the group Lew Bryson Beer 2 28-06-2005 06:55 PM
new to the group [email protected] Sourdough 0 21-06-2005 09:10 PM