FoodBanter.com

-   -   for us new to the group (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19675-us-new-group.html)

AG 21-01-2004 05:19 PM

for us new to the group

I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

thanks
ag

Kevin S. Wilson 21-01-2004 06:02 PM

for us new to the group

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:19:21 -0500, "AG" > wrote:

>I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
>(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
>but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

ON TOPIC
barbecue
grilling
food
food-related gadgets

OFF TOPIC
Most anything Kent H. posts, not so much because it has nothing to do
with barbecue, grilling, food, or food-related gadgets, but because it
appears to originate from an alternate universe in which the sky is a
sickly shade of green.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

Nathan Lau 21-01-2004 06:11 PM

for us new to the group

AG wrote:
> I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
> (and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
> but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here

Welcome!

The unofficial charter for AFB is found in the BBQ FAQ:

http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

Stick around for a while and you'll get the hang of the place.
--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>

JL 21-01-2004 06:33 PM

for us new to the group

>Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:19:21 -0500, "AG" > wrote:
>
> >I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
> >(and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
> >but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here
> >

> ON TOPIC
> barbecue
> grilling
> food
> food-related gadgets
>
> OFF TOPIC
> Most anything Kent H. posts, not so much because it has nothing to do
> with barbecue, grilling, food, or food-related gadgets, but because it
> appears to originate from an alternate universe in which the sky is a
> sickly shade of green.

Follow-ups to alt.obsession.never.pretty

AG 22-01-2004 12:49 AM

for us new to the group

Thanks
Glad to be here.
Took a look at the FAQ
Is the BBQ mailing list that it mentions dead or is this newsgroup that
list?
I tried the link to subscribe and it gave me a 404.

F.G. Whitfurrows 22-01-2004 03:10 AM

for us new to the group

"AG" > wrote in message
> I'm guessing you probably have to do this every so often
> (and my appologies to those of you who have been here a while)
> but I am curious what is considered on and off topic here
>
> thanks
> ag

If it doesnt **** us off its on topic, if it does **** us off its off
topic.:>)

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Ol' Hippie 22-01-2004 04:49 AM

for us new to the group

What Fos said with bells on.

--
" Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely,
in one pretty, well preserved piece,

Duwop 22-01-2004 03:54 PM

for us new to the group

Don;t forget you can use Google groups to find most answers to most
questions
<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...group=alt.food.
barbecue>

But don't use it too much, otherwise the natives will get restless and go
back to drinking, we don't want to encourage this, it can result in ugly
images on the binary group.....