D. Klement

Default Need recomendations...

Hello all from a lurker in the great white north,

I've been talked into trying a turducken for the holidays and I am
considering using a Polder or some such.
Now the hard part.... What are the recommendations on model or brand other
than Polder?

Thanks in advance,
Darryl.

BOB

D. Klement typed:
> Hello all from a lurker in the great white north,
>
> I've been talked into trying a turducken for the holidays and I am
> considering using a Polder or some such.
> Now the hard part.... What are the recommendations on model or brand other
> than Polder?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Darryl.

I like this one. You can set an alarm for the upper and lower temps in the
smoker, and an upper temp alarm for the meat. It also has a remote receiver so
you can take it inside with you.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/thegadge...502013733.html

BOB

Howard R. Bricker

Steve Wertz > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 23:31:27 -0500, "D. Klement"
> > wrote:
>
>>Hello all from a lurker in the great white north,
>>
>>I've been talked into trying a turducken for the holidays and I am
>>considering using a Polder or some such.
>>Now the hard part.... What are the recommendations on model or brand
>>other than Polder?

> I just go with the Taylor from Target for $14. Exact same thing as a
> standard Polder, just cheaper.
>
> -sw

My Target here in NW Tampa has the Taylor as well. Same price. I got
a couple extra "Cook Right" marketed by "Salton". They only have temp
alarm and an instant read window, but they're cheap and pretty accurate.
Got mine from Graveyard Mall on a closeout. Probably not available any
more anywhere.

Brick (M&M Man)