FoodBanter.com

-   -   Could this be smoked? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19397-could-smoked.html)

Graeme... in London 26-11-2003 11:11 AM

Could this be smoked?

I received a mailshot through the post from a butcher in Scotland I
occasionally buy from. He has an interesting product listed entitled a 3
bird roast (see link)

http://www.cucinadirect.com/go/Produ...QrvGw_yAX7?cat
egoryId=22

I am seriously contemplating ordering a "small roast" for Christmas lunch.
Would it be feasible to smoke this. It looks fairly large. Any advice would
be great.

Graeme

Duwop 26-11-2003 02:02 PM

Could this be smoked?

Graeme... in London wrote:
> I received a mailshot through the post from a butcher in Scotland I
> occasionally buy from. He has an interesting product listed entitled
> a 3 bird roast (see link)

http://www.cucinadirect.com/go/Produ...QrvGw_yAX7?cat
> egoryId=22
>
> Graeme

Graeme, you might want to google up "Turducken", looks like that's what
this was inspired by. You can cook anything with wood, it's just a matter of
using the right temp.

Bob 27-11-2003 12:18 PM

Could this be smoked?

"Graeme... in London" > I received a mailshot through the post from a
butcher in Scotland I
> occasionally buy from. He has an interesting product listed entitled a 3
> bird roast (see link)
>
> I am seriously contemplating ordering a "small roast" for Christmas lunch.
> Would it be feasible to smoke this. It looks fairly large. Any advice

would
> be great.

Graeme>

I lived in Cajun country for a few years and this is well known there.
They stuff a turk with a duck and stuff the duck with a small chicken.

Never tasted it, and can't see much point to it.

Bob

Jack Schidt® 27-11-2003 02:53 PM

Could this be smoked?

"Bob" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Graeme... in London" > I received a mailshot through the post from a
> butcher in Scotland I
> > occasionally buy from. He has an interesting product listed entitled a 3
> > bird roast (see link)
> >
> > I am seriously contemplating ordering a "small roast" for Christmas

lunch.
> > Would it be feasible to smoke this. It looks fairly large. Any advice

> would
> > be great.
> >

> Graeme>
> >

> I lived in Cajun country for a few years and this is well known there.
> They stuff a turk with a duck and stuff the duck with a small chicken.
>
> Never tasted it, and can't see much point to it.
>
> Bob

Less work to cook all three separately and still enjoy a great meal.

Jack

Barry 27-11-2003 09:58 PM

Could this be smoked?

A client told me that she stuffs her turkey with duck and chicken.
I was invited to taste but I won't be makin it over.
I hate to think about work on a holiday.
s.com...