FoodBanter.com

-   -   Just for Condor Chef (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19350-just-condor-chef.html)

F. G. Whitfurrows 21-11-2003 09:12 PM

Just for Condor Chef

"The mistreatment of animals in 'intensive husbandry' is, then, part
of this larger practice of insensitivity to general values and indeed
to humanity and life itself -- a picture which more and more comes to
display the ugly lineaments of what can only be called by its right
name: barbarism." -- Thomas Merton

Condor Chef 21-11-2003 09:26 PM

Just for Condor Chef

"F. G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
om...
> "The mistreatment of animals in 'intensive husbandry' is, then, part
> of this larger practice of insensitivity to general values and indeed
> to humanity and life itself -- a picture which more and more comes to
> display the ugly lineaments of what can only be called by its right
> name: barbarism." -- Thomas Merton

Ready? ;)

CC

Condor Chef 21-11-2003 09:27 PM

Just for Condor Chef

"F. G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
om...
> "The mistreatment of animals in 'intensive husbandry' is, then, part
> of this larger practice of insensitivity to general values and indeed
> to humanity and life itself -- a picture which more and more comes to
> display the ugly lineaments of what can only be called by its right
> name: barbarism." -- Thomas Merton

Everyone needs a hobby - you're mine now.

CC

Dimitri 21-11-2003 09:52 PM

Just for Condor Chef

"F. G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
om...
> "The mistreatment of animals in 'intensive husbandry' is, then, part
> of this larger practice of insensitivity to general values and indeed
> to humanity and life itself -- a picture which more and more comes to
> display the ugly lineaments of what can only be called by its right
> name: barbarism." -- Thomas Merton

I understand you majored in Animal Husbandry until they caught you at it one
day.

Dimitri

F.G. Whitfurrows 22-11-2003 12:33 AM

Just for Condor Chef

"Condor Chef" > wrote in message
> "F. G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "The mistreatment of animals in 'intensive husbandry' is, then, part
> > of this larger practice of insensitivity to general values and indeed
> > to humanity and life itself -- a picture which more and more comes to
> > display the ugly lineaments of what can only be called by its right
> > name: barbarism." -- Thomas Merton

> Ready? ;)

Little stinkfinger still ain't got my name right. I'm thoroughly insulted by
and amused by his stupidity at the same time.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner