FoodBanter.com

-   -   looking for 35 lb. cap. rotisserory motor (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19284-looking-35-lb-cap.html)

MONTMACH 14-11-2003 02:15 AM

looking for 35 lb. cap. rotisserory motor

I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has one. Yea I
know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA

Dave
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave Griffith
NAR 14156
The R.A.T.T.-works
Monterey Machine Products
1504-A Industrial Park Street
Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
http://www.rattworks.com

Jack Curry 14-11-2003 02:46 AM

MONTMACH wrote:
> I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has
> one. Yea I know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA
>
> Dave
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Dave Griffith
> NAR 14156
> The R.A.T.T.-works
> Monterey Machine Products
> 1504-A Industrial Park Street
> Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
> http://www.rattworks.com

It's one a them Frenchie words and you spelled it wrong twice <g>.
Maybe if you Google for "rotisserie" you'll have better luck.
Jack Curry

BOB 14-11-2003 03:10 AM

looking for 35 lb. cap. rotisserory motor

Jack Curry <Jack-Curry > typed:
> MONTMACH wrote:
>> I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has
>> one. Yea I know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA
>>
>> Dave
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Dave Griffith
>> NAR 14156
>> The R.A.T.T.-works
>> Monterey Machine Products
>> 1504-A Industrial Park Street
>> Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.

http://www.rattworks.com

> It's one a them Frenchie words and you spelled it wrong twice <g>.
> Maybe if you Google for "rotisserie" you'll have better luck.
> Jack Curry

Adding "Motor" to "rotisserie" making it "rotisserie motor" (keep the quotes)
gives 1,690 hits. Since I don't see a need for one in my Kamados, I'll leave it
to you, Dave, to decide if any of these will fit your needs.

BOB
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...=Google+Search

K Hannan 14-11-2003 05:47 PM

"MONTMACH" > wrote in message
> I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has one.

Yea I
> know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA
>
> Dave
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Dave Griffith
> NAR 14156
> The R.A.T.T.-works
> Monterey Machine Products
> 1504-A Industrial Park Street
> Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
> http://www.rattworks.com

Dave try Grainger.com look for a DC or AC gear motor

Ken

Michael 15-11-2003 05:10 PM

"MONTMACH" > wrote in message
> I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has one.

Yea I
> know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA
>
> Dave
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.surpluscenter.com

look under gear motors

Welder 16-11-2003 04:32 AM

"K Hannan" > wrote in message

> "MONTMACH" > wrote in message
> > I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has one.

> Yea I
> > know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA
> >
> > Dave
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Dave Griffith
> > NAR 14156
> > The R.A.T.T.-works
> > Monterey Machine Products
> > 1504-A Industrial Park Street
> > Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
> > http://www.rattworks.com

> Dave try Grainger.com look for a DC or AC gear motor
>

> Ken
>
> They have one that turns 2 rpm made by Dayton part # 3M51 rated at 700

inch pounds. I have seen one used for 5 years and no problems all of mine
use one.

butch burton 16-11-2003 03:45 PM

"Michael" > wrote in message >...
> "MONTMACH" > wrote in message
> > I checked google with no luck, I know somebody out there has one.

> Yea I
> > know I spelled rotissory wrong. TIA
> >
> > Dave
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> www.surpluscenter.com
>
> look under gear motors

Got one from surpluscenter-it is a gear motor with 135 inch pounds of
torque-reversable with wiring mods and a great little motor-spins my
fully loaded 30# coffee bean roaster drum. THey are used-first one I
got had a howl in the gear box-they replaced it no questions
asked-even paid shipping both ways-now that is service-just held my
telephone reciever up to the beast-their tech said yeah it is growling
a bit-replacement on the way. Great goodies they have in this place.
Eventually am going to build a large smoker out of a 250 gallon oil
tank-want to put a rotisserie in the beast and will use this gear
motor to drive the critter. OH mine is 30 rpm-could reduce this with
diff sprocket sizes-if for a app with lots of heat would suggest going
with a chain drive. I have timed several large commercial
rotisserie's and most seem to turn at 5 rpm.