VegHead

Default "Had we been placed..."

"Had we been placed on this earth by a malign creator for the
exclusive purpose of causing suffering, we would have good reason to
congratulate ourselves on our enthusiastic response to the task." --
Alain DeBotton

"In modern society, the only remaining justifications for killing
animals for food is that people find meat to be convenient and/or that
people enjoy the taste of meat. In other words, the meat provides
convenience and pleasure. These morally vacant justifications for
eating meat should be weighed against unnecessarily killing of
billions of animals each year and the devastating effects of meat
production on both the environment and human starvation." -- Ed
Pastore
Mr. Wizard

Default To EskWired

"VegHead" > wrote in message
om...
> "Had we been placed on this earth by a malign creator for the
> exclusive purpose of causing suffering, we would have good reason to
> congratulate ourselves on our enthusiastic response to the task." --
> Alain DeBotton
>

> "In modern society, the only remaining justifications for killing
> animals for food is that people find meat to be convenient and/or that
> people enjoy the taste of meat. In other words, the meat provides
> convenience and pleasure. These morally vacant justifications for
> eating meat should be weighed against unnecessarily killing of
> billions of animals each year and the devastating effects of meat
> production on both the environment and human starvation." -- Ed
> Pastore

The First Kill by Mr. Wizard
Dedicated to EskWIRED in the style of James Dickey
All Rights Reserved

Killing the first is timeless
Beauty of a fall day
Blue sky goes on forever
Brilliant sunshine and chilly wind
My Dads old Tree Stand for a blind
A nice Buck may fall today

Mid morning a Feral Hog sniffing
Apples and corn sacrifice

Wandering as a blind man
Intent on an apple nearby
Tough old ******* thinking of treasure
A Broadhead Arrow awakens
The world swirls with numb panic

Squealing and running through brambles
Tip dragging the ground catching, twisting

Fly, fly the wounded beast
Blood trail and panic
Jobs must be finished
My Bow and Arrows
Machete' and knife

Hacking the grapevine and brambles
My Machete' sings its song

Turning the tables he charges
The first swing a good one
Between the eyes sinking deeply
Time stopping for a moment
The sun the wind the cold sweat

Like an ancient tale
The blade in the stone is frozen

Rising again he charges
Crowned with the blade
Life pouring out as he charges
His arrow coming before him
Hell and the Devil himself

Scrambling now defending
Only a few feet away

Tripping he now towers over
A full head of steam
The terror is mine as well
the arrow before is betraying now
catching and stopping the beast

Legs pumping to get upright again
The horror the sunshine the wind

The reflex of cave dwelling ancestors
The flint is lying nearby and the cat now catching
Springing strikes at the jugular
Blood spews in crimson arcs for a dozen feet
Thrashing the surrounding brush and the cat

His struggling lessened
I succumbed to my exhaustion

A cat no longer I fell to my knees.
Only a couple of feet separating us
Looking into each others eyes
Communication on a primal level
Clear and distinct as my Fathers voice

The struggle and its implications
Illuminated to all concerned

He was the one more experienced
He had bitten the life out of other living beings
Filling his mouth with their still beating hearts
Tasting the warm blood as it still held life
The sanctity I now know and venerate

He lived for the thrill of it
Now I do

Mr. Wizard

F%*k The World

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:35:10 -0600, "Mr. Wizard" >
wrote:

>F%*k The World

Please do not post to The USENET while smoking crack.

Thank you.

The Management

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
milesh

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> Please do not post to The USENET while smoking crack.
>
> Thank you.
>
> The Management

Hmm...self appointed usenet manager/moderator. Worse than the OP.

tecwhiz

yeah, you moron, and is not the tomatoe entitled to the same consideration?
I'm sure it has feelings, as it is a living edible as well....
,"VegHead" > wrote in message
om...
> "Had we been placed on this earth by a malign creator for the
> exclusive purpose of causing suffering, we would have good reason to
> congratulate ourselves on our enthusiastic response to the task." --
> Alain DeBotton
>

> "In modern society, the only remaining justifications for killing
> animals for food is that people find meat to be convenient and/or that
> people enjoy the taste of meat. In other words, the meat provides
> convenience and pleasure. These morally vacant justifications for
> eating meat should be weighed against unnecessarily killing of
> billions of animals each year and the devastating effects of meat
> production on both the environment and human starvation." -- Ed
> Pastore

BigJolly

I'm surprised this is your first encounter with Mr. Wilson.

Perhaps if I use Mr., he will shut up.

"milesh" > wrote in message

> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>

> > Please do not post to The USENET while smoking crack.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > The Management

> Hmm...self appointed usenet manager/moderator. Worse than the OP.

Dimitri

"VegHead" > wrote in message
om...
> "Had we been placed on this earth by a malign creator for the
> exclusive purpose of causing suffering, we would have good reason to
> congratulate ourselves on our enthusiastic response to the task." --
> Alain DeBotton

Had the almighty not wanted us to eat hamburgers he/she would never gave
allowed cheese to be invented.

unknown

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:19:52 GMT, "BigJolly" >
wrote:

>I'm surprised this is your first encounter with Mr. Wilson.
>
>Perhaps if I use Mr., he will shut up.

Ah, the sub-literate, drooling cretin who thought it would be a good
idea for someone to commit suicide, and even went to the trouble to
post about it. Do we need to re-post your kind, humanitarian comments
every time you stumble in here?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
BigJolly

Dang, I guess using Mr. didn't work.