Julie d'Aubigny

Default Thanksgiving for temporary curmudgeons

Wiblur the Once wrote:

> "The Fat Man®" > was heard mumbling something
> about...
>
> > I'm just asking you to get a ****ing grip on reality, realize *everybody*
> > despises you, and move on to your next level of terrorism.

> Ah, but you are wrongity, Wrong, Wrong there, me buck-o *I* don't despise
> Mr. SWilson, I think he's a good dude. It sounds to me like you are just
> upset because you got hooked and don't have a graceful way to admit defeat.

I respect and admire Mr. SWilson's grammar. So much so that I've now
written *two* entire posts about him tonight.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG
Julie d'Aubigny

kerri wrote:

> Julie d'Aubigny > wrote in
> :
>
> > Guys, guys, GUYS! This is like shooting fish in a BARREL!

> No, no, NO! M. Otis Beard told me it's more like shooting heroin in a
> dumpster.

And how do you know? Have you ever shot heroin in a dumpster?

I have, and I'm here to tell you that the bullets just scatter the
powder everywhere.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG
AeonAdventure | "Dobby likes us!" -- Smeagol
--
http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/6856
Greg Zywicki

"Julianne" > wrote in message news:<135tb.369$%b2.364@lakeread05>...
> "Greg Zywicki" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Sorry if you've gotten this answer already, but...
> >
> > Sounds like a good year to do a volunteer meal. Serve up some lunch
> > at a VA hospital or a soup kitchen or someplace like that.

> I was gonna post the same thing. When I was a new nurse, I always got stuck
> working the holidays. It was soooo depressing. One year, I worked every
> single holiday. I would always remind myself that people are sick 24/7 365
> days a year and it shouldn't require a special day to appreciate my family
> but the little Merry Sunshine routine grew old and I could really feel sorry
> for myself being away from my families on holidays.
>
> I cannot tell you how good it made all of the staff feel when someone, a
> doc, a family member of a patient, etc., was good enough to bring us food.
> Even bad food was appreciated because it meant we weren't forgotten. Good
> food was like manna from the heavens. The other thing to remember is that
> holidays are very stressful for the elderly so CCU's and general med floors
> fill up very quickly. It is entirely possible to work 12 hours with no
> break whatsoever. Nurses who had great plans for the holidays are called in
> because of increased census. Many times, nurses get pulled to floors or
> units that they aren't familiar with and thus, they aren't even spending the
> day with their work buddies.

You heard it here folks: Take a Pie to the Hospital.

Greg Zywicki
John O

> You'll find a more elaborate explanation by googling on YHBT.
>
> PS: YHL. HAND.

Ah. Same feeling I get when I lose a game of Uno to my six year old. IOW,
losing at some things is proper. ;-)

Someone brought (dry) smoked salmon into the office today. Great flavor. Do
you think smoking eliminates the chemicals the fish picked up in Lake
Michigan???

-John O

frohe

Greg Zywicki wrote:
> You heard it here folks: Take a Pie to the Hospital.

If it's punkin pie, don't forget the whipped cream!
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Thurman

John O wrote:
> Someone brought (dry) smoked salmon into the office today. Great flavor. Do
> you think smoking eliminates the chemicals the fish picked up in Lake
> Michigan???

Where did you think the smoke comes from? ;-)

Could you distinguish Chevy, Ford, Chrysler?

Whosetitanelbow

"John O" > schreef in
berichtnieuws...news:5Q6ub.32$aw2.38679@newssrv26. news.prodigy.com:

> Someone brought (dry) smoked salmon into the office today. Great
> flavor. Do you think smoking eliminates the chemicals the fish picked
> up in Lake Michigan???

Yes, but then it adds the chemicals that have been bio-accumulating over
the past few decades in the trees of Michigan.

--
"So the gamers and the scammers say it's the fault of the critics who tried
to carve through the mumbo-jumbo in the first place." -- Josh Marshall
The Avocado Avenger

BigJolly wrote:
> > wrote in message ...

> > I don't despise Kevin's Wilson. I feel he is a misunderstood child of
> > his nation's unfortunate culture.

> Kevin is not misunderstood, he's just an idiot who has no life, no wife and
> no children. Perhaps my earlier advice would pertain...

He does have a wife! She works at an M&M factory.

I'm pleased to see you no longer top-posting. Maybe you'll snip a
little in the next post, too? We'll make a good Usenetter out of you,
yet.

Stacia
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:09:54 -0600, The Avocado Avenger
> wrote:

>BigJolly wrote:
>> > wrote in message ...

>> > I don't despise Kevin's Wilson. I feel he is a misunderstood child of
>> > his nation's unfortunate culture.

>> Kevin is not misunderstood, he's just an idiot who has no life, no wife and
>> no children. Perhaps my earlier advice would pertain...

> He does have a wife! She works at an M&M factory.

Not only that, but she's the Lead Proofreader on the production line.
That means we get all of the Ws, Es, and 3s that they would otherwise
throw away!

> I'm pleased to see you no longer top-posting. Maybe you'll snip a
>little in the next post, too? We'll make a good Usenetter out of you,
>yet.

Silk purse, sow's ear, Stacia.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
JMM

> Kevin is not misunderstood, he's just an idiot who has no life, no wife
and
> no children. Perhaps my earlier advice would pertain...

Aaah! If he has no children, he must have a WONDERFUL life! More power to
you, Kevin!

zxcvbob

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:34:57 -0600, "Z GIRL" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>Big signs in the lobby, listing items that can't go beyond the lobby,
>>>with latex balloons being one of them.
>>>

>>Still find that hard to believe, but if you say sooooooooo........
>>

> Why would you find it hard to believe? I can't think of any reason I
> would have to be less than truthful with you, and I can't think of any
> reason why someone would post nonsense to Usenet in the hope that
> others would believe it or would believe that the poster believes it.
> In fact, I think people should check their facts before posting
> nonsense to the USENET. I know I always do.
>
> I haven't been to the hospitals in over a year, but I assure you the
> signs were there. What would convince you? I have a digital camera,
> but you'd probably say that I altered the images in PhotoPaint or
> something.

Y'all are overlooking the possiblilty that there *is* a rule and a sign and
all that, *and* that it is ridiculous.

Maybe the rule is for the benefit of the mylar balloon vendor in the gift
shop. Or some well meaning clueless person heard about latex allergies and
decided there needs to be a rule. Or maybe it is for the benefit of the
nurses who have developed a sensitivity to latex from years of occupational
exposure to it and have now managed to get a "latex free zone".

Why was this x'posted to alt.religion.kibology?

Best regards,
Bob

zxcvbob

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:25:31 GMT, Cindy Fuller
> > wrote:
>

>>There was a large sign at the entrance to Brenner Children's Hospital in
>>Winston-Salem NC (part of Wake Forest Medical Center) that labeled the
>>facility a latex-free zone.

> How will they perform that latex eye surgery, then?

Latex eyes? Is that something new?

Bob

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:58:43 -0600, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>Why was this x'posted to alt.religion.kibology?

That's where we keep score.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:05:44 -0600, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:25:31 GMT, Cindy Fuller
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>There was a large sign at the entrance to Brenner Children's Hospital in
>>>Winston-Salem NC (part of Wake Forest Medical Center) that labeled the
>>>facility a latex-free zone.

>> How will they perform that latex eye surgery, then?
>>

>Latex eyes? Is that something new?

Not all that new. I think the procedure has been around for ten years
or so, but it's just recently become affordable. There's a doctor in
my town who'll do the procedure for $299 per eye, but you have to have
a coupon.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Nancy Young

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:05:44 -0600, zxcvbob >
> wrote:
>
> >Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:25:31 GMT, Cindy Fuller

> >> How will they perform that latex eye surgery, then?
> >>

> >Latex eyes? Is that something new?
> >

> Not all that new. I think the procedure has been around for ten years
> or so, but it's just recently become affordable. There's a doctor in
> my town who'll do the procedure for $299 per eye, but you have to have
> a coupon.

(smile) I think the joke was it's not Latex, but Lisix or something
like that.

nancy

kerri

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:25:01 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:58:43 -0600, zxcvbob >
>wrote:
>
>>Why was this x'posted to alt.religion.kibology?

>That's where we keep score.

Silly Kevin, obfuscating again.

It's not exactly keeping score. See, for every post you make to
alt.religion.kibology, Kibo will donate 32 cents to the Bill Gates
Turkey Gravy Soda Foundation, which, among other things, funds new
hairpieces for impoverished children suffering from dropsy.

--kerri (Another eight-percent-funnier post)

Nancy Young > wrote:
> []
>
> (smile) I think the joke was it's not Latex, but Lisix or something
> like that.

I thought that was a diuretic?

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
BOB

zxcvbob > typed:
> Why was this x'posted to alt.religion.kibology?
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

It's because Kevin has decided that he is going to "show" us "what trolling really
is" since we don't use the term correctly. He no longer has any real interest in
this newsgroup, as a barbecue newsgroup. I'm *not* totally convinced that some of
our recent visitors are not actually put up to it by Kevin. Of course, I will be
asked to provide proof, but this is just an idea that I came up with when I read
several of his recent posts. It's *my* opinion that I might change, or I might
not

BOB

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:33:52 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>zxcvbob > typed:
>> Why was this x'posted to alt.religion.kibology?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bob

>It's because Kevin has decided that he is going to "show" us "what trolling really
>is" since we don't use the term correctly.

Yup.

>He no longer has any real interest in this newsgroup, as a barbecue newsgroup.

Will you be taking that mind-reading act on the road anytime soon?
Say, to the county fair?

>I'm *not* totally convinced that some of
>our recent visitors are not actually put up to it by Kevin.

Guilty as charged. I followed up to a crossposted thread with some
silly nonsense, and folks from other groups just about tripped over
themselves to correct me. (Or do you mean the people from
alt.religion.kibology? They don't need any coercion or encouragement;
all they need is a whiff of the chum in the water.)

>Of course, I will be
>asked to provide proof, but this is just an idea that I came up with when I read
>several of his recent posts.

Um . . . okay.

>It's *my* opinion that I might change, or I might not

It's also my opinion that you might change or might not.