Pierre

Default Off to Boca. . .where to eat?

Looking not just for some traditional southern Q, but something also
that represents the islands and Central American influence. Dolphin,
Nicaraguan Q, Cuban, real jerk, or the like.

My belly will thank you.
(Staying in the Deerfield Beach area)

Pierre
Ricky

"Pierre" > wrote in message
om...
> Looking not just for some traditional southern Q, but something also
> that represents the islands and Central American influence. Dolphin,
> Nicaraguan Q, Cuban, real jerk, or the like.
>
> My belly will thank you.
> (Staying in the Deerfield Beach area)
>
> Pierre

Jerk Machine is a single owner operation with 4 or 5 locations in South
Florida. None in Boca but there is one in Coral Springs and one in Ft.
Lauderdale that I've eaten at. good jerk, great ox tail.
Here's a list of bbq joints in Florida sorted by City:
http://www.flbbq.org/joints.htm

Ricky

David Higgins

Ricky wrote:

>>(Staying in the Deerfield Beach area)

In the other direction, Tom Jenkin's BBQ:
---------------------
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertai...l=sfla-reviews

(***1/2 stars) Take a minute and think about barbecue.

Not just any barbecue. I mean the kind slow-cooked in a deep pit over
smoldering oak embers until each morsel is a heavenly combination of
exterior crust, interior moistness and strong, clear smoky flavors.
Barbecue at its juiciest, smokiest, heart-throbbing best -- like you'll
find at Tom Jenkins Bar-B-Q. Just be prepared to stand in long waiting
lines with other loyal fans, because it goes with the delicious territory.

Tom Jenkin's Bar-B-Q
Cuisine: Barbecue
Whe 1236 S. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, 954-522-5046
---------------------

Thumbs up to Chez Porky's and Calypso Restaurant in
Pompano Beach as well.

Ricky

"David Higgins" > wrote in message
> Thumbs up to Chez Porky's and Calypso Restaurant in
> Pompano Beach as well.

Thanks for reminding me about Calypso. Great Caribbean food. Wonderful jerk.
I haven't been there in a few months. I going to have lunch there one day
this week.

Ricky

Pierre

"Ricky" > wrote in message >...
> "David Higgins" > wrote in message
> > Thumbs up to Chez Porky's and Calypso Restaurant in
> > Pompano Beach as well.

> Thanks for reminding me about Calypso. Great Caribbean food. Wonderful jerk.
> I haven't been there in a few months. I going to have lunch there one day
> this week.
>
> Ricky

Thanks guys, for your helpful, informative, and OT replies.

Looks like there's no flavor shortage down there.

Pierre