The Fat Man®

Default Help for Cuchulain's family

I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted her
address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the address
here, so email me if you want it.

At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings that
his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.

So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.

TFM®

Chef Juke

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:29:27 GMT, "The Fat Man®"
> wrote:

>I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted her
>address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the address
>here, so email me if you want it.
>
>At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings that
>his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
>
>So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
>sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.
>

>TFM®

Folks,

Think about everything that's been said here over the last few days.
Think of the tips that Hound shared that you'll use part of at
countless BBQs to come over the years.

Flowers are nice. Cards are comforting. But right now Hound's family
needs financial help, even if it's only a little bit. A lot of little
bits add up.

-Chef Juke
http://www.chefjuke.com
"Everybody Eats when they come to MY house!"

(Remove the CAPS from the return address when sending email replies)

K.B.Rook

The Fat Man® wrote:

> I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted her
> address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the address
> here, so email me if you want it.
>
> At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings that
> his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
>
> So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
> sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.
>

> TFM®

Just talking out of my butt, but the logistics of
the help need to be thought about.

Who do we make it out to and where do we send it?
Would a single 'check' be better than a bunch of
little ones that they'd have to deal with? Maybe
someone that's close to the family could chat with
a bank in their town and set up some sort of
deposit account for them?

Kevin

Nancy Young

"K.B.Rook" wrote:

> The Fat Man® wrote:
>
> > I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted her
> > address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the address
> > here, so email me if you want it.
> >
> > At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings that
> > his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
> >
> > So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
> > sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> > TFM®

> Just talking out of my butt, but the logistics of
> the help need to be thought about.
>
> Who do we make it out to and where do we send it?
> Would a single 'check' be better than a bunch of
> little ones that they'd have to deal with? Maybe
> someone that's close to the family could chat with
> a bank in their town and set up some sort of
> deposit account for them?

I'd be willing to chip in, perhaps you should post a request to
rec.food.cooking as well. I happen to know there are a number of
generous people there. I'd prefer to contribute directly. Feel
free to email me an address.

nancy
Lew/+Silat

Setup a paypal account for them . Then people can give if they want.

Lew/+Silat

BigDog

The Fat Man® wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted
> her address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post
> the address here, so email me if you want it.
>
> At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings
> that his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
>
> So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help.
> I'm sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.
>

> TFM®

I would like to contribute more than just flowers or such.
Please let me know how I can donate.

BigDog
--
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Hag & Stenni

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:29:27 GMT, "The Fat Man®"
> wrote:

>I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted her
>address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the address
>here, so email me if you want it.
>
>At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings that
>his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
>
>So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
>sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.
>

>TFM®

Set up the account paypal or whatever and we will
contribute...Hag & Stenni...(long time AFB lurkers, RFC
regulars who enjoyed him in both groups) k

As a beauty Im not a star, there are
others more handsome by far, but my
face I dont mind it because Im behind
it, its the folks out front that I jar...

Pull a loraine Bobbit (cut off waynespenis) to reply
Brick

"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
om...
> I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd

posted her
> address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the

address
> here, so email me if you want it.
>
> At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings

that
> his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
>
> So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help.

I'm
> sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.
>

> TFM®

Okay, I read the thread. Count me in for $20. Don't complicate the
logistics.
Daughter can handle the money no matter how small or large. My check
will
be made out for cash. e-mail the address to me. I have Hound's
address.
Don't need that unless it's the same. Maybe only be about 50 people
here
that can contribute, but 50 X 20 ain't hay. Maybe some can give more.

Brick (Home's paid for, truck's paid for and the fridge is full, but
SSA ain't
all that good )

The Fat Man®

Brick wrote:

> Okay, I read the thread. Count me in for $20. Don't complicate the
> logistics.
> Daughter can handle the money no matter how small or large. My check
> will
> be made out for cash. e-mail the address to me. I have Hound's
> address.
> Don't need that unless it's the same. Maybe only be about 50 people
> here
> that can contribute, but 50 X 20 ain't hay. Maybe some can give more.

Address is the same. You're a helluva a good guy Mr. Bricker.

TFM®

Stranger

Why don't some of you who live in the same area get together and have
a BBQ fundraiser for his family ?

Surely among the afb regulars there would be some people with the
know-how and experience to be able to organize such an event.

Steve Calvin

Brick wrote:

> "The Fat Man=AE" > wrote in message
> om...
>=20

Nancy Young has the address over at r.f.c. she'll send it to anyone if=20
they mail her.

I will too (if I get her permission)

ok Nancy?

--=20
Steve

Nancy Young

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>
> > "The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >

> Nancy Young has the address over at r.f.c. she'll send it to anyone if
> they mail her.
>
> I will too (if I get her permission)
>
> ok Nancy?

Okay with me!

nancy
Brick

"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
om...
> Brick wrote:
>
> > Okay, I read the thread. Count me in for $20. Don't complicate the
> > logistics.
> > Daughter can handle the money no matter how small or large. My

check
> > will
> > be made out for cash. e-mail the address to me. I have Hound's
> > address.
> > Don't need that unless it's the same. Maybe only be about 50

people
> > here
> > that can contribute, but 50 X 20 ain't hay. Maybe some can give

more.

> Address is the same. You're a helluva a good guy Mr. Bricker.
>
> TFM®

You don't need to 'Mr.' me, I'm as good as you are.

Brick (Probably come from about as far back in the sticks too)

PigmundT

So sad to hear about Hound.

Please forward the address as I will chip in as well.
Also, when was his birthday, I'll mark my calendar and use his "Citrus
Brine" for some chickens or a turkey in his honor on, (or about that day).

Danny

"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
om...
> I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted her
> address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the

address
> here, so email me if you want it.
>
> At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings that
> his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
>
> So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
> sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.
>

> TFM®

Mary Shafer

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:29:27 GMT, "The Fat Man®"
> wrote:

> I was gonna wait and talk to Blaise first, but then I saw she'd posted her
> address on Garry's list. I'm not sure it's a good idea to post the address
> here, so email me if you want it.
>
> At any rate, y'all may or may not have gathered from recent postings that
> his untimely demise has left them in quite a financial bind.
>
> So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
> sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.

E-mail me her address, please. Hound was going to get me a bean pot
this fall, so I feel like I'm in his debt.

Mary

Nancy Young

Mary Shafer wrote:

> E-mail me her address, please. Hound was going to get me a bean pot
> this fall, so I feel like I'm in his debt.

Excuse me for emailing you, I'm from another newsgroup. Here's the
address:

Blaise Libby
6834 Hillside Peak
San Antonio, TX 78233
Nancy Young

Nancy Young wrote:

> Mary Shafer wrote:
>
> > E-mail me her address, please. Hound was going to get me a bean pot
> > this fall, so I feel like I'm in his debt.

> Excuse me for emailing you, I'm from another newsgroup. Here's the
> address:
>
> Blaise Libby
> 6834 Hillside Peak
> San Antonio, TX 78233

S*** ... I screwed up. I'm sorry, I meant to email.

nancy
Bil Morrill

Nancy Young wrote:

>S*** ... I screwed up. I'm sorry, I meant to email.
>
>nancy

Sometimes (depending on your news server) you can cancel a message. (at
least you used to be able to)

What I do (I use Netscape to read my newsgroups) I open up the message I
posted that I want to cancel, I right click on the message and at the
bottom of the list that says "Cancel Message"

I don't know if this will cancel it on all servers, but it is worth a
try. You will need to do this to both of your posts since the address
is in both of them.

I have done this before as well.

Bil

Mary Shafer

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:15:02 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> Mary Shafer wrote:
>
> > E-mail me her address, please. Hound was going to get me a bean pot
> > this fall, so I feel like I'm in his debt.

> Excuse me for emailing you, I'm from another newsgroup. Here's the
> address:

Thanks. I appreciate it greatly.

Mary

Bill

"The Fat Man®" wrote:

> So without going into a long-winded pitch, they could use some help. I'm
> sure anything y'all could spare would be greatly appreciated.

Figured rather than create any possible feelings of expending time and
resources for thank you notes to mostly (in my case, entirely) unknown folks I
kept my donation anonymous with A.F.B as the return address.

frohe

Bill wrote:
> Figured rather than create any possible feelings of expending time and
> resources for thank you notes to mostly (in my case, entirely)
> unknown folks I kept my donation anonymous with A.F.B as the return
> address.

I did the same. She's got her hands full as it is without the added burden
of sending back thank you cards.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Brick

"Bil Morrill" wrote;

> Sometimes (depending on your news server) you can cancel a message.

(at
> least you used to be able to)
>
> What I do (I use Netscape to read my newsgroups) I open up the

message I
> posted that I want to cancel, I right click on the message and at

the
> bottom of the list that says "Cancel Message"
>
> I don't know if this will cancel it on all servers, but it is worth

> try. You will need to do this to both of your posts since the

address
> is in both of them.
>
> I have done this before as well.
>
> Bil

Bil is correct, however, your messsage is likely to propogate almost
instantly from your ISP to other news servers on the net. There are
so many, it is not likely that you could even find them all. And
without a subscription you can't access them either.

Brick

Jack Schidt®

"Brick" > wrote in message

> "Bil Morrill" wrote;
> >
> > Sometimes (depending on your news server) you can cancel a message.

> (at
> > least you used to be able to)
> >
> > What I do (I use Netscape to read my newsgroups) I open up the

> message I
> > posted that I want to cancel, I right click on the message and at

> the
> > bottom of the list that says "Cancel Message"
> >
> > I don't know if this will cancel it on all servers, but it is worth

> > try. You will need to do this to both of your posts since the

> address
> > is in both of them.
> >
> > I have done this before as well.
> >
> > Bil
> >

> Bil is correct, however, your messsage is likely to propogate almost
> instantly from your ISP to other news servers on the net. There are
> so many, it is not likely that you could even find them all. And
> without a subscription you can't access them either.
>
> Brick

I've tried cancelling a few times and it kinda sorta works but still gets
through. Since I've installed a breath-o-lyzer on my PC I find I don't need
to cancel as often.

Jack

Brick

"Jack Schidt®" wrote some stuff and then Brick said;

> > Bil is correct, however, your messsage is likely to propogate

almost
> > instantly from your ISP to other news servers on the net. There

are
> > so many, it is not likely that you could even find them all. And
> > without a subscription you can't access them either.
> >
> > Brick
> >

> I've tried cancelling a few times and it kinda sorta works but still

gets
> through. Since I've installed a breath-o-lyzer on my PC I find I

don't need
> to cancel as often.
>
> Jack

That breath-o-lyzer is probably more useful then a virus scanner. At
least I
haven't reposted my bank statement lately.

Brick

Jack Schidt®

"Brick" > wrote in message

> "Jack Schidt®" wrote some stuff and then Brick said;
> > >
> > > Bil is correct, however, your messsage is likely to propogate

> almost
> > > instantly from your ISP to other news servers on the net. There

> are
> > > so many, it is not likely that you could even find them all. And
> > > without a subscription you can't access them either.
> > >
> > > Brick
> > >

> > I've tried cancelling a few times and it kinda sorta works but still

> gets
> > through. Since I've installed a breath-o-lyzer on my PC I find I

> don't need
> > to cancel as often.
> >
> > Jack
> >

> That breath-o-lyzer is probably more useful then a virus scanner. At
> least I
> haven't reposted my bank statement lately.
>
> Brick

It saves a lot of money on ebay too ;-P
Point and click, should be 'point and go broke'

Jack

Buzz1

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
om...

>>> Since I've installed a breath-o-lyzer on my PC I find I don't need

> to cancel as often.

sounds like a handy device---maybe I can get a "demo" model from the
locals<sf>

Buzz