FoodBanter.com

-   -   bbq in san diego, ca (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19161-bbq-san-diego-ca.html)

Ben Snyder 26-10-2003 06:42 PM

bbq in san diego, ca

hey folks

i'm looking to see if there's any q to be had in san diego, ca.
i'll actually be in la jolla for a few days and need to get some real food,
so if there's no q i'd be up for just some real home cooking. cajun,
even...

thanks,
-ben

Edwin Pawlowski 27-10-2003 12:10 AM

bbq in san diego, ca

"Ben Snyder" > wrote in message
> hey folks
>
> i'm looking to see if there's any q to be had in san diego, ca.
> i'll actually be in la jolla for a few days and need to get some real

food,
> so if there's no q i'd be up for just some real home cooking. cajun,
> even...
>
> thanks,
> -ben

Stick with Mexican in that area. Take a trip to Black's Beach, but it is
probably getting too cool for a worthwhile trip.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Draegus 27-10-2003 12:58 AM

bbq in san diego, ca

There used to be a place called "Big Jims" right on Hwy 1, in either
Encinitas or Solana Beach. The food was pretty good, and cooked in pressure
smokers from what I could see. When I was away on work my wife would drive
up for some pulled pork sandwiches. Haven't been up that way in over a year,
so I don't even know if it's even still there. Would be a quick drive from
La Jolla, though.

Draegus

Barry 28-10-2003 02:20 AM

bbq in san diego, ca

"Ben Snyder" > wrote in message
> hey folks
>
> i'm looking to see if there's any q to be had in san diego, ca.
> i'll actually be in la jolla for a few days and need to get some real

food,
> so if there's no q i'd be up for just some real home cooking. cajun,
> even...
>
> thanks,
> -ben

Q'n might just be against the law out there right about now.