Dave Bugg

Default Thanks Guys; I really love you.

I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

As many of you know, I was at Sacred Heart Medical Center's Adult
Psychiatric Unit for the last two weeks. I had 38 individual therapy
sessions with two wonderful psychiatrists, 26 group therapy sessions, 28
different classes (ranging from anger management to conflict management),
countless hours talking with the nurse-counselors as I felt the need, many
more hours doing homework and practicing the skills I need, and even more
time coming to grips with my spiritual needs. And I still have a long road
to go over the next months continuing the work I need to do in my life
through continued therapy and family counseling.

Jill has been wonderful!!!!! We are going to be separated for a while, but
we are going to be working to put our marriage together. As she develops
trust that the changes I have begun to make in my life -- and will continue
to be making -- are real, we will be able to come back together as a
stronger and more committed partnership in marriage. We are still seeing
each other on a regular basis so that we can begin working on issues and
enjoy each other's company. But we need to be living separately for now so
that each of us can focus on getting better.

I count my blessings that one of you -- was it Mr. Mooney? -- was able to
contact the local sheriff's department. It saved my life. For the others
that have sent cards and letters, it was a bright spot during my stay at
Sacred Heart, and I thank each of you for those kind words and thoughts.
Jack Curry, you scoundrel, I nearly busted a rib laughing at those
postcards. Laughter was sooo very therapeutic.

Caleb still won't speak with me, so any prayers are welcomed... I feel his
loss in my life very deeply, and I want to be his dad again.

I will be periodically going back and forth to the house to do chores and
help Jill with various household issues. I don't have internet access at the
apartment (too expensive to set up another line and with no job yet, Jill's
salary has to stretch quite far with the expense of the apartment and living
costs). I am sending this from the house, and will keep track of AFB
periodically.

If all continues to go well, I will be opening up my joint next September or
October. I have too much healing and growth to do to worry about opening a
small business right now. But the business plan will be there when the time
comes.

Bless you all. AFB is much more than a Usenet group, it really is a caring
and sharing place. You are special to me.

My warmest and deepest regards,
Dave Bugg

P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe. My
best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

Jack Curry

You are SO welcome back, Dave. It was indeed Tom Mooney (TFM3) to whom you
owe thanks for his timely call.
Hope you'll have internet access soon, so we can all again enjoy your fine
company regularly.
And those fat ladies are still anxious to meet you <g>.
Jack Curry

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Dave Bugg"
<dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote:

<snip>

Dave!!
Hallelujah - You're Back!!!
ALL RIGHT!!!!
We love you too, man!!!!!

monroe(big hug!!!!!!)
Chef Juke

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:31:01 -0700, "Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet>
wrote:

>I am back in East Wenatchee,

Dave,

So very glad to "hear your voice" back here. Especially today after
hearing about Hound.

Continuing to send thoughts and prayers your way, and am still
available whenever you want to pick my brain about restaurant stuff.

-Chef Juke
http://www.chefjuke.com
"Everybody Eats when they come to MY house!"

(Remove the CAPS from the return address when sending email replies)

bbq

Dave,

Glad your back and doing the things necessary to get healthy again. I
hope all works well for you and your family. Look forward to the opening
of your BBQ joint.

Hope your still able to Q once in awhile.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

Jack Sloan

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> [...]

living
> costs). I am sending this from the house, and will keep track of AFB
> periodically.
>
> If all continues to go well, I will be opening up my joint next September

or
> October. I have too much healing and growth to do to worry about opening

> small business right now. But the business plan will be there when the

time
> comes.
>
> Bless you all. AFB is much more than a Usenet group, it really is a caring
> and sharing place. You are special to me.
>
> My warmest and deepest regards,
> Dave Bugg
>
> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe.

My
> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

Life is funny...ya lose a good one then get a good one back. Glad to have
ya back.
Jack

Brick

"Dave Bugg" wrote

> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill

found,
> who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She

also
> stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

We are all so happy that Tom Mooney made the connection in time. Thank
God that our prayers were answered in a timely fashion. (Any agnostics
out
there may feel free to ignore this.) We will continue to think of you
and pray
for you regularly. May your recovery be speedy.

> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to

believe. My
> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

It seems like members of this NG are attracting mayhem like lightning
bolts. My
best friend here in FL passed away last Wed morning. Then we lost
Hound on
Wed night, who BTW was far to young to go. No one was more surprised
learn of your predicament then the members of this group. On top of
all that
the group has been bombarded lately by trolls extolling the virtues of
boiled
and or pressure cooked ribs slathered with sauce. Yuuuk! Try to drop
us
a note from time to time. We really want to know how you are getting
along.

Brick

BOB

Dave Bugg typed:
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
> who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
> stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

Glad to see you back, Dave. You had us all worried there for a while.
We're all pulling for ya!

BOB

Ol' Hippie

Dear God your on the mend !! YAHOO and I don't mean the email thing.
Clang the friggin' bells,
Hi Dave, so glad your working on getting your life in the order you need it
to be.
G'ganna & I really missed you, you ,ol' fart. So, all is pretty good here in
AFB land except we mourn the really old fart HOUND. Missed you a bunch Dave
but
Hound was another sort of fella

Ol' Hippie

I will read every post to my own delight. and Brick you got it my friend, I
am getting all choked up,,,,,,
ok so its the minion smoke
what the hell did I do wrong now?
Bruce & G'ganna-n-Gold Beach

Big Jim

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
>

> Bless you all. AFB is much more than a Usenet group, it really is a caring
> and sharing place. You are special to me.
>
> My warmest and deepest regards,
> Dave Bugg
>
> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe.

My
> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

Welcome Back Dave.
The new place is doing pretty good. They help and wife are getting all the
money. But the bills are paid.
I ain't ever been out there, so maybe when you get open I'll take a trip
out that way.
Good luck on yours.
--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com

Thomas Mooney

Dave Bugg <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
> who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
> stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

<major snippage to save space>

> My warmest and deepest regards,
> Dave Bugg
>
> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe.

My
> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

I hope you can imagine what a welcome relief it is to hear from you.
Between your recent problems and Hound's passing, this place had gotten too
sad for words. It is really quite remarkable how connected we can become to
people we've only met electronically.

We're all happy you're on the road to health and will offer whatever support
we can from this distance. Please keep us up-to-date on your progress. And
if it ever gets unbearable again, take someone's (I forget whose) advice
from this very forum: take a road trip and come visit us. I'm certain you'd
be welcome all over the country.

Take care and keep in touch,

--
TFM3 (still not The Fat Man)

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Ricky

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
> who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
> stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

[snip]

Welcome back Dave. Look forward to the future with open eyes and never look
back. Luck and the love of family and friends is the best start you can
have.

Ricky

Rosie Miller

>, so I was all set.
>
>As many of you know, I was at Sacred Heart Medical Center's Adult
>Psychiatric Unit for the last two weeks. I had 38 individual therapy
>sessions with two wonderful

Dave, I happened to check in this newsgroup and saw your post. Hope all goes
well with you.
Rosie

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:31:01 -0700, "Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet>
wrote:

<snip>

Dave, I'm glad to see you healing. It can be a long (and not always
easy) road. I wish you all the best, and will keep you, Jill, and
Caleb in my prayers.

Bob

Seymour

wrote:

>I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
>who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
>stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

Dave,

Reallly great to see you back! You sound like you are on track. All
the best to you and your family.

Seymour
stace

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
> who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
> stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

Dave, I am *so* happy to hear that you're okay.
As far as your son, give it time, he'll come around.

Stace

Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:48:47 GMT, "Big Jim" >
wrote:

>"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
>> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
>>

>> Bless you all. AFB is much more than a Usenet group, it really is a caring
>> and sharing place. You are special to me.
>>
>> My warmest and deepest regards,
>> Dave Bugg
>>
>> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe.

>My
>> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.
>>

> Welcome Back Dave.
> The new place is doing pretty good. They help and wife are getting all the
>money. But the bills are paid.
> I ain't ever been out there, so maybe when you get open I'll take a trip
>out that way.
> Good luck on yours.

I'm glad to see you climbing back, Dave.

We cannot afford lose any more good BBQuers, eh..

Harry
Jack Schidt®

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
> who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
> stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

Welcome back, Dave, it's good to see you again.

> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe.

My
> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

A bitter pill all around here, no doubt. I'm hoping you'll stick around and
get back to posting.

Jack

Jim

>"Dave Bugg"wrote:

<snip>

A hearty welcome back, Dave. You were missed.
I'm glad to hear that you're getting back on track.

>Caleb still won't speak with me, so any prayers are welcomed... I feel his
>loss in my life very deeply, and I want to be his dad again.

My good thoughts have been, and will continue to be with you and your family.
I remember being 16, I had a horrible relationship with my father. As I
matured a bit, I began to understand that he had my best interest at heart. Be
patient with the boy, I am sure he will come around.

>If all continues to go well, I will be opening up my joint next September or
>October.

Good news! If I make it up that way, I look forward to meeting you and eating
some great 'Q.

>Bless you all. AFB is much more than a Usenet group, it really is a caring
>and sharing place.You are special to me.

Yes, there are some truly great people here.

All the best to you, Dave.

Jim

jmcquown

Dave Bugg wrote:
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill
> found, who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into.
> She also stocked the fridge, so I was all set.
>
> As many of you know, I was at Sacred Heart Medical Center's Adult
> Psychiatric Unit for the last two weeks.

Dave,
I'm not a regular on the BBQ site but I know you from rfc. I heard about
your troubles. I want to welcome you back and say I'm glad you are okay.
Stick with it; we would like to have you around for a good long time.

the other Jill (McQuown)

midocr

Welcome back Dave! Glad you're headed uphill again.
--
See ya,
Mike

"It is never too late to become what you might have been." - George Eliot

Bill

> My good thoughts have been, and will continue to be with you and your family.
> I remember being 16, I had a horrible relationship with my father. As I
> matured a bit, I began to understand that he had my best interest at heart. Be
> patient with the boy, I am sure he will come around.

Gallager had the most recent incarnation of a (I believe) Samuel Clemen's quip
that was also used by W. C. Fields. "I left home at 18 to go to college and
didn't come home again until I was 22. I couldn't believe how much the old man
had learned in the mean time"

Welcome back and good luck Dave.

Matthew L. Martin

Dave Bugg wrote:

.... snippage ...

When one door closes, another one opens.

Best of luck.

Matthew

--
<http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.

David K

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message

<snip>

Dave, a great relief to see you are doing the right things to get back into
the swing of things. Having a young family now myself, I can not imagine
the struggle you must be going through, it has to be tough. You certainly
are ahead of the game in making it right and we wish you all the continued
success.

Please keep in touch whenever possible.

Good luck, and god bless you and your family.

-- David K.

Z GIRL

> [...]

living
> costs). I am sending this from the house, and will keep track of AFB
> periodically.
>
> If all continues to go well, I will be opening up my joint next September

or
> October. I have too much healing and growth to do to worry about opening

> small business right now. But the business plan will be there when the

time
> comes.
>
> Bless you all. AFB is much more than a Usenet group, it really is a caring
> and sharing place. You are special to me.
>
> My warmest and deepest regards,
> Dave Bugg
>
> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe.

My
> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

Dave, It is soooooo good to see that you are back! It sounds like you are
on the right track. Good things do come in time, hang in there and take it
one day at a time!! My prayers will be with you and your family.

peace,
Barbara

Bob Hayden

For all the negative pub that the internet gets (and at times rightfully so)
it is wonderful that it can be used to not only make a positive difference
in someone's life, but indeed save a life.

Dave, I don't know you...but after reading the events of the past couple of
weeks I can only say that I am relieved that you have made it through the
initial stages of this difficult time, and that I wish you well in achieving
not only complete recovery but your goals and aspirations.as well.

Now...
Weber or Kamado or Okie Joe's...
Do I boil my ribs?
To peel or not to peel the membrane...
Lump or briquettes?
How do you spell the darn word anyways?

Ah, the important questions of AFB... :-)

Bob in RSM, CA

> [...]

living
> costs). I am sending this from the house, and will keep track of AFB
> periodically.
>
> If all continues to go well, I will be opening up my joint next September

or
> October. I have too much healing and growth to do to worry about opening

> small business right now. But the business plan will be there when the

time
> comes.
>
> Bless you all. AFB is much more than a Usenet group, it really is a caring
> and sharing place. You are special to me.
>
> My warmest and deepest regards,
> Dave Bugg
>
> P.S. I join you in mourning the passing of Hound. It is hard to believe.

My
> best to his family, and to us, as we think of his time with us.

DW Suiter

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message

(clipped for brevity)

Hello Dave,

Though I don't participate in the newsgroup I lurk often.

Many years ago, Dave, I was a policeman. In the line of duty I was shot and
had to take the gun away from the man who shot me. It was a long hard
struggle, but I finally prevailed. All I could think about was my children
growing up without their father.

As a result, I developed PTSD which went undiagnosed for many years. I lost
my family because of this. My advice to you is to be the man God desires you
to be; be someone your child will love and respect. My children and I have a
wonderful relationship now. At the time, I often contemplated suicide, but
did not want this burden on my children either. The answer is God. To learn
who and what you are in the eyes of God and how God has a great love and
desire for you to be the man He designs you to be. You can't go wrong if you
follow this path.

A lighter note, I built a concession trailer, a 20 footer to do fairs and
festivals. Bought a Lang 84 which does a great job. Initial setup and sales
were great but mostly were the comments from the people about the food.
"Great" "excellent" and "awesome" were common remarks. Kind of makes it all
worth while.

Your life is ahead of you, not behind you. Looking back only causes regret
because everyone makes mistakes. Looking ahead you can see all you can be
and do.

Thanks to you and everyone here who has spent the time to give knowledge on
BBQ. I'm going to FL with my son for the winter with the "business." We plan
to set him up with a rig to use during the simmer while he attends college
during the winter.

Just remember, in the darkest hours, there is always the light and love of
God, and the people of God, who are there for you. Many on this newsgroup.
You are never alone nor are you ever unloved. The storms of life always pass
and the sun does shine again. Never lose faith in the good.

Take care Dave, you'll be alright.

DW Suiter

Nathan Lau

Dave Bugg wrote:

> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill found,
> who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into. She also
> stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

<snip>

Dave, I have missed you from our little corner of the 'net but you take
all the time you need to get healed.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted"

Matthew 5:3-4

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>

frohe

Dave Bugg wrote:
> I am back in East Wenatchee, staying in a nice apartment that Jill
> found, who had also moved some of my belongings and furniture into.
> She also stocked the fridge, so I was all set.

Hey Buddy; glad to see you're on the mend. Stay focused, love a lot & be
willing to bend; things will work out for ya.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

George B. Ross

Dave Bugg (dbuggatcharterdotnet) opined:

> I am back in East Wenatchee...<snip>

Good to hear from you again Dave. It sounds like you have a lot
on your plate right now, but hang in there. We're all pulling
for you.

Rereading the above, the puns are just flying off the keyboard,
sorry about that.

--
George B. Ross is
remove the obvious bit for email

hello guys glock28 General 0 28-04-2012 08:13 PM
If you love pork, you'll love.... tutall Barbecue 7 25-11-2011 04:34 PM
Five Guys vs. In-and-Out Mark Thorson General Cooking 25 13-04-2011 09:44 PM
Love chocolate you will love this site. Cocoa Conniosseur General Cooking 29 18-10-2006 08:38 PM
Now You Guys Have Done It! ~patches~ General Cooking 6 01-11-2005 12:19 AM