thopper

Default The Hound

I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.

I have no information other than they are having a graveside service in San
Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.

I will pass on info as I get it.

_________
ht_redneck

Aka: Tyler Hopper

P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to shut it
down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of mourning.

Buzz1

"thopper" > wrote in message

> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to shut it
> down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of mourning.

keep that cooker going Tyler--thts the way Hound would have liked
it--although he cooked hotter than I l;iked he was a master odf his
pit----will miss ya my friend---cvan't think of much of a reason to go to
Tejas anymore
see ya

Buzz

The Fat Man®

thopper wrote:
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from
> Cuchulain Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on
> Wed. night.
>
> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service
> in San Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>
> I will pass on info as I get it.

Mr. Hopper, I met you at Hound's place on the 4th of July, 2000. There's no
way I can be at the service, though I'd give almost anything to be.

Would you place a flower on his grave for me? I'm thinking a habanero
blossom would be appropriate.

If only I'd known that the last time I saw him would be the last time I saw
him......

TFM®

RichieP

I just returned from a business trip this evening to receive the same
e-mail.

The loss of two great people of this group in such a short time astounds me.

RichieP

"thopper" > wrote in message
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
> Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.
>
> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service in

San
> Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>
> I will pass on info as I get it.
>

> _________
> ht_redneck
>
> Aka: Tyler Hopper
>

> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to shut it
> down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of mourning.

BOB

thopper > typed:
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
> Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.
>
> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service in San
> Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>
> I will pass on info as I get it.

We have lost a friend and mentor, as well as a Barbecue God.
Please send our condolences to the family.

> _________
> ht_redneck
>
> Aka: Tyler Hopper
>

> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to shut it
> down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of mourning.

I didn't know Hound in real life, but the Hound that I knew on the net would
want all of us to fire up the pit and cook some good food and share it with
others. That's what I'm planning to do, in Hound's honour. Texas Brisket,
fat down, toward the fire.

BOB

The Fat Man®

BOB wrote:
> thopper > typed:
>> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from
>> Cuchulain Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on
>> Wed. night.
>>
>> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service
>> in San Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>>
>> I will pass on info as I get it.
>>

> We have lost a friend and mentor, as well as a Barbecue God.
> Please send our condolences to the family.
>>
>> _________
>> ht_redneck
>>
>> Aka: Tyler Hopper
>>

>> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to
>> shut it down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of
>> mourning.

> I didn't know Hound in real life, but the Hound that I knew on the
> net would want all of us to fire up the pit and cook some good food
> and share it with others. That's what I'm planning to do, in Hound's
> honour. Texas Brisket, fat down, toward the fire.

Yep, Hound would call me a pussy if he knew I'd shed a tear over his
absence. Let the Evan Williams flow, and bbq till you bust.

I miss my bubba,
TFM®

thopper

"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
. ..
> thopper wrote:
> > I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from
> > Cuchulain Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on
> > Wed. night.
> >
> > I have no information other than they are having a graveside service
> > in San Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
> >
> > I will pass on info as I get it.
> >

> Mr. Hopper, I met you at Hound's place on the 4th of July, 2000. There's

no
> way I can be at the service, though I'd give almost anything to be.
>
> Would you place a flower on his grave for me? I'm thinking a habanero
> blossom would be appropriate.
>
> If only I'd known that the last time I saw him would be the last time I

saw
> him......
>
> TFM®

Unfortunately I will be in Mexico City but will visit the cemetery when I
get back and will do as you wish.

I asked his sister if there will be a funeral service but haven't heard back
from her.

_________
ht_redneck

P.S. - My apologies for posting to the group without checking to see if
anyone else had. Hound would have severely chastised me.

Jack Schidt®

"thopper" > wrote in message
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
> Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.
>
> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service in

San
> Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>
> I will pass on info as I get it.
>

> _________
> ht_redneck
>
> Aka: Tyler Hopper
>

> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to shut it
> down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of mourning.

About the last thing I expected to see. Thanks, Tyler for getting the word
to us and pass on my condolences to his family.

Hound was the greatest.

Jack

Steve Wertz

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 03:04:03 GMT, "The Fat Man®"
> wrote:

>Yep, Hound would call me a pussy if he knew I'd shed a tear over his
>absence. Let the Evan Williams flow, and bbq till you bust.

Hounds other vice was extravagant coffees (and their preparation). So
some 100% Kona (is there netter?) would be in order also.

-sw
The Fat Man®

Some have asked how old he was.

44 to the best of my recollection.

Way too young to die.

TFM®

thopper

"The Fat Man®" > wrote in message
news
> BOB wrote:
> > thopper > typed:
> >> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from
> >> Cuchulain Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on
> >> Wed. night.
> >>
> >> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service
> >> in San Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
> >>
> >> I will pass on info as I get it.
> >>

> > We have lost a friend and mentor, as well as a Barbecue God.
> > Please send our condolences to the family.
> >>
> >> _________
> >> ht_redneck
> >>
> >> Aka: Tyler Hopper
> >>

> >> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to
> >> shut it down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of
> >> mourning.

> > I didn't know Hound in real life, but the Hound that I knew on the
> > net would want all of us to fire up the pit and cook some good food
> > and share it with others. That's what I'm planning to do, in Hound's
> > honour. Texas Brisket, fat down, toward the fire.
> >

> Yep, Hound would call me a pussy if he knew I'd shed a tear over his
> absence. Let the Evan Williams flow, and bbq till you bust.
>

> I miss my bubba,
> TFM®

Well, the last time I saw him we got shit faced on Tequila. So much so that
I don't remember what it was. Tomorrow I'll get a bottle of the very best
and drink to him.

_________
ht_redneck

In alt.food.barbecue Steve Wertz > wrote:

> Hounds other vice was extravagant coffees (and their preparation). So
> some 100% Kona (is there netter?) would be in order also.

He hounded me into starting to roast my own coffee. I'll never forgive
him But I'll think of him every time I get a particularly delicious
batch.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
Archbishop of Cedar Creek

"thopper" > wrote in message
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
> Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.
>
> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service in

San
> Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>
> I will pass on info as I get it.
>

> _________
> ht_redneck
>
> Aka: Tyler Hopper
>

> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to shut it
> down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of mourning.

Y'know, I just thought of something one of my dad's friends said to me not
long after he passed. He said 'You can tell a lot about the quality of a
man by how his friends remember him.' It made me feel better then, and I'd
say that if these posts are any measure, then Cuchulain Libby deserves to be
remembered as one of the very best.

James

David Wright

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:45:29 GMT, "thopper" >
wrote:

>I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
>Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.

I got that too, Tyler. I didn't ever meet him in person, but I
remember his kindness to me about two years ago after a post in one of
these two newsgroups when I said something about being in a wheelchair
and setting up my equipment at our new house.

I'm sure he thought I was temporarily in the roller and he wrote and
offered to smoke a butt and a brisket for me and bring them over. I
thanked him and explained that it wasn't a short-time thing, and that
I was doing a pretty good job of getting set up on my new patio.

I never did make it to one of those sat.food gatherings at
Bullpepper's (except the very first "soft opening" in 1999), although
I think he did.

It is beyond irony that we lost both Hound and Jerry Jungmann (owner
of Bullpepper's, for those who don't know) within a month of each
other.

I think I'll manufacture a few whiffs of smoke next Tuesday.

David

Bill

Apologies for piggybacking.

Sad news indeed. I mostly lurk here and Cuchulain was one poster that I
always read. My condolences to his family and friends.

Tomorrow I will make a burnt offering to the Cue Gods on Cuchulain's
behalf. Tonite I will smoke a fine 8 year old Davidoff Anniverserio #1
in his honor.

Bill
stace

"thopper" > wrote in message
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
> Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.
>
> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service in

San
> Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>
> I will pass on info as I get it.

Shit.
:-(

Stace

Spud

"thopper" > wrote in message
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
> Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.

Wow! What happened? How old was he?

I've been in and out of this newsgroup for a couple of years, and Cuch was
always the "nice" and knowledgeable guy in the group. Bless his heart. A
smile comes to my face when he posted a Christmas cheer to everyone last
year when he must have been on the whiskey and he yelled, "I love you guys!"
(or something similar.)

Carry on my friend. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We're just
travelers.................

RIP, Spud

Jon Endres, PE

"thopper" > wrote in message
> I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
> Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.
>
> I have no information other than they are having a graveside service in

San
> Antonio on Tue. at the Holy Cross Cemetery.
>
> I will pass on info as I get it.
>

> _________
> ht_redneck
>
> Aka: Tyler Hopper
>

> P.S. - I had the smoker going for a cook but I'm going outside to shut it
> down right now. It shall remain cold for a period of mourning.

Fire it back up, it's what he lived for.

Five days on the road, and I come back to this. I don't post much, but I
read everything, and it brought tears to my eyes. My condolences to his
family and friends.

Live every day like it was your last, and enjoy them all.

Jon E

Hound's Brine tranch Barbecue 6 29-04-2005 06:29 AM
Fat Man and Hound Brine Rick Simms Barbecue 44 22-07-2004 09:37 PM
Props to the Hound ! adm Barbecue 1 05-11-2003 08:08 AM