ksoze

Default Source of smoking wood in Orange County, CA

Looking for a reasonable source of wood chunks in Orange County; Barbecues
Galore carries a wide variety but charges a lot, especially for a small bag
of oak (I think they wanted over $20 for a 5 lb. bag). TIA.
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:04:28 GMT, ksoze > wrote:

>Looking for a reasonable source of wood chunks in Orange County; Barbecues
>Galore carries a wide variety but charges a lot, especially for a small bag
>of oak (I think they wanted over $20 for a 5 lb. bag). TIA.

Get friendly with someone who owns an orchard. Call a few
tree-trimming outfits.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Bart Frazzee

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:04:28 GMT, ksoze > wrote:

>Looking for a reasonable source of wood chunks in Orange County; Barbecues
>Galore carries a wide variety but charges a lot, especially for a small bag
>of oak (I think they wanted over $20 for a 5 lb. bag). TIA.

There is a tree service place in Orange that sells oak in bags about
24" high by about 10" dia. for $7.00 or three bags for $17.00.

Nathan Lau

ksoze wrote:
> Looking for a reasonable source of wood chunks in Orange County; Barbecues
> Galore carries a wide variety but charges a lot, especially for a small bag
> of oak (I think they wanted over $20 for a 5 lb. bag). TIA.

There's a lot of smoking wood in SoCal right now... <j/k>

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>

ksoze

Bart Frazzee > wrote in
news
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:04:28 GMT, ksoze > wrote:
>
>>Looking for a reasonable source of wood chunks in Orange County;
>>Barbecues Galore carries a wide variety but charges a lot, especially
>>for a small bag of oak (I think they wanted over $20 for a 5 lb. bag).
>>TIA.

> There is a tree service place in Orange that sells oak in bags about
> 24" high by about 10" dia. for $7.00 or three bags for $17.00.

Sounds pretty good ... any idea what the name of that service is? Thanks.

Spud

> Get friendly with someone who owns an orchard. Call a few
> tree-trimming outfits.

He's in the middle of Los Angeles ding dong. And the forest is on fire.
Get back to work

Spud

Bart Frazzee

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 03:15:10 GMT, ksoze > wrote:

>Bart Frazzee > wrote in
>news >
>> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:04:28 GMT, ksoze > wrote:
>>
>>>Looking for a reasonable source of wood chunks in Orange County;
>>>Barbecues Galore carries a wide variety but charges a lot, especially
>>>for a small bag of oak (I think they wanted over $20 for a 5 lb. bag).
>>>TIA.

>> There is a tree service place in Orange that sells oak in bags about
>> 24" high by about 10" dia. for $7.00 or three bags for $17.00.
>>

>Sounds pretty good ... any idea what the name of that service is? Thanks.

Don't remember the name, but they are on Batavia just south of Ketella
on the east side of the street.

smokinchips.com

smokinchips.com

"ksoze" > wrote in message
> Looking for a reasonable source of wood chunks in Orange County; Barbecues
> Galore carries a wide variety but charges a lot, especially for a small

bag
> of oak (I think they wanted over $20 for a 5 lb. bag). TIA.

Best Tacos in Orange County, CA? [email protected] General Cooking 3 30-07-2006 11:29 PM
TN: Wines in Orange County with Tom S. DaleW Wine 3 22-02-2005 07:55 PM
Orange County, CA Dale Williams Wine 1 05-01-2005 09:36 PM
Orange County Cali Lauren-n-n-n-n Beer 4 10-03-2004 03:57 AM
Spanish ingredients source in LA/Orange County area? Jag Man General Cooking 8 09-01-2004 08:40 PM