Default Go ahead and flame me...

Miles > wrote:

> LOL! Wecome to this NG. It's not always about the best way to cook a
> piece of meat. In this NG it's more about tradition. Deviate from that
> and you get what you have! [] Now join the purists club and do things
> their way or get flamed!! By the number of replies you got to this
> thread they love this stuff anyways. Easily amused!

The Hound knew how to deal with them. Remember that guy that extolled the
virtues of drinking Liquid Smoke (or something like that)?

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:30:26 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

says...

>>bozos

>*plonk*
>
>Anyone else here prefer insult to discussion?

How will you know, now that you have just about everyone plonked? Have
fun chit-chatting with your sock puppet Smiles. (He's the one put you
up to it, right?, to show the world what a bunch of meany-heads we
are.)

PS: Your mom still dresses you funny.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:18:28 -0600, "Jack Sloan" >
wrote:

>All is not lost...He can talk with Miles.

Sock puppet to sock puppet.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:18:07 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

>I bought some very high quality
>ribs for my experiment.

And exactly what indicators did you rely on to come to the conclusion
that these were high-quality ribs? I need to know for a report at
school.

> Wuth a cheaper cut the BBQ may very well win out.

Do you mean cheaper ribs? Or a cheaper cut such as . . . . what? Sure
you're not comparing apples to oranges?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:03:22 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

says...

>>He's a troll, fer Chrissakes. He asks in his title for people to flame
>>him, then killfiles anyone who thinks that his idea is useless.

>You are incorrect. Several people here have expressed strong opinions
>that my idea is useless. I have killfiled none of them. I only killfile
>those who insult rather than reason.
>
>>Well, it may taste good, but it ain't 'cue. I'm not going to try it
>>anyway. My pressure cooker is a hand-me-down from my grandparents, and
>>though it's built like a submarine's pressure doors, it still scares the
>>hell out of me.
>>
>>Might as well plonk me too, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
>>With ideas like this sooner or later I'll poke fun at ya too.

>Sorry, but you will habve to insult me to get plonked. Disagreeing
>won't do the job.

You plonked Wertz for calling you a troll. You've been called a troll
here in the very first line of the post you're responding to. Not very
consistent, are you?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Pierre

"Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA" > wrote in message >...
> After reading the FAQ, buying a WSM, and following the directions, I got to
> where I am pretty good at BBQ. But now I have found a better way to cook
> ribs. Some people won't like it, but if you try it I think that you will
> agree that the end product has more flavor and tenderness.
>
> I use a pressure cooker.
>
> A little Chris and Pitts BBQ sauce or liquid smoke in the water adds
> a great flavor, but it's better that BBQ with plain water. And it's
> *much* faster.
>
> Don't knock it if you haven't tried it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fly away, goofball.
Pierre

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
> [a bunch of stuff]

Kevin, you are having entirely too much fun with this! Have you been into
the cooking Sherry already this AM?

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
Steve Wertz

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:10:24 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:18:07 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:
>
>>I bought some very high quality
>>ribs for my experiment.

>And exactly what indicators did you rely on to come to the conclusion
>that these were high-quality ribs? I need to know for a report at
>school.

Probably "Country-Style Ribs".

-sw
Miles

Jack Sloan wrote:

> All is not lost...He can talk with Miles.
> Jack

Or amuse the likes of you. So easy to do.

Miles

Monroe, of course... wrote:

> Where's my yenta fee?
> They'll make a cute couple, all snuggled up under a rock somewhere....
> Who cares if neither one can Q their way out of a paper bag-they can
> discuss things all 'civil' like <sucking sounds here>

Ah geez. I was hoping for something a little more creative than the old
make a cute couple line so prevalent in NG flames. Originality is not
your forte.

Miles

BOB wrote:

> Yes, now that Miles/milesh has escaped from his captors. (

Nah, just thought I'd check in to see the latest arrogant BS you're
spewing these days.

Miles

The Chesapeake Explorer wrote:

> I am just laughing seeing all this..Many years back I had a friend
> "Red Sam" He loved to engage people in conversations to argue them
> till they got mad.. Guess he was a troll of sorts.. Now days he does
> have a computer and likes "hacking" these days I hear.. Some people
> really like this stuff. Its funny to sit on the sideline as well
> seeing people get their goat up too. Pressure cooked ribs! A greasy
> sticky sauced mass that in all fairness might be good if added to a
> spaghetti sauce.

ROFL. Easy to get some in this NG all riled up. Cracks me up too. The
flame replies usually outnumber the BBQ posts easily. Count the replies
to this thread already and with much more to come. All ranting and
whining about some guy who cooks differently.

Miles

El Capitan wrote:

> He's a troll, fer Chrissakes. He asks in his title for people to flame
> him, then killfiles anyone who thinks that his idea is useless.

And so many here can't resist doing exactly what the guy asked. Right
on cue (no pun intended).

Miles

Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA wrote:

> Good point about the expensive cuts. I bought some very high quality
> ribs for my experiment. Wuth a cheaper cut the BBQ may very well win out.

We have a store here that sells rather high end meats and other foods.
Caters to the very wealthy. Some of their ribs are very tender without
the need to slow cook. However, I prefer ribs smoked and the much lower
priced ribs come out great Q'd. Sometimes a recipe doesn't lend itself
to the addition of smoke. In that case I'll slow cook it in the oven.
It just depends on the end result I want as to how I cook something.

Miles

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> How will you know, now that you have just about everyone plonked? Have
> fun chit-chatting with your sock puppet Smiles. (He's the one put you
> up to it, right?, to show the world what a bunch of meany-heads we
> are.)

Mean? Nah, just arrogant. Talk about puppet!! You and your buddies
did exactly what this guy told ya to do in his OP and you keep right on
continuing. Puppet indeed.

BOB

In news:hIjnb.35943$Rd4.1662@fed1read07,
Miles > typed:

> ROFL.
> All ranting and
> whining about some guy who cooks differently.

No, Miles/milesh.
I'm typing this slowly so that even you *might* understand.

IT'S ABOUT SOMEONE POSTING *OFF TOPIC* IN THIS BARBECUE NEWSGROUP. BARBECUE
DOES NOT INVOLVE PRESSURE COOKERS.

BOB

In newsEjnb.35942$Rd4.34540@fed1read07,
Miles > typed:
> BOB wrote:
>

>> Yes, now that Miles/milesh has escaped from his captors. (

> Nah, just thought I'd check in to see the latest arrogant BS you're
> spewing these days.

But since you responded to this post, it proves that you are a lier because
you have said several times that you have "plonked" me.

BOB

Jack Sloan

"Steve Swertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:05:15 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> > wrote:
>
> >Now killfiling based on the Path: header. Good luck changing that.

> You do relize that you just killfiled random posts from Bellsouth,
> doncha?
>
> -sw

He must be in a plonking contest.
Jack

Jack Sloan

"Miles" > wrote in message

> Jack Sloan wrote:
>

> > All is not lost...He can talk with Miles.
> > Jack

> Or amuse the likes of you. So easy to do.

We're lucky that way.Sorry that amusement comes so hard for you. Perhaps you
can amuse yourself with another dickhead from Macon...or more simply with
your own.
Jack

Miles

BOB wrote:

> IT'S ABOUT SOMEONE POSTING *OFF TOPIC* IN THIS BARBECUE NEWSGROUP. BARBECUE
> DOES NOT INVOLVE PRESSURE COOKERS.

Ah, so your rant is strictly about OT posting here? Thats bull. Sounds
like its more about a post you do not like. There are tons of OT posts
here but it's ok if you agree with it. You the moderator thats gonna
make sure every post including yours is 100% on topic? Don't think so.
Such the hypocrite.

Miles

BOB wrote:

> But since you responded to this post, it proves that you are a lier because
> you have said several times that you have "plonked" me.

Bob, I already replied to your tyrants on that matter months ago.
Besides, I am not sure what a lier is. Go on another one of your
whining rants and tell us all about it if it will make ya feel any better.

Miles

Jack Sloan wrote:

> We're lucky that way.Sorry that amusement comes so hard for you. Perhaps you
> can amuse yourself with another dickhead from Macon...or more simply with
> your own.

Nah, I just prefer a bit more originality and/or humor. Dickhead? Oh
ya, now that took some thought.

Miles

Steve Wertz wrote:

> I haven't seen anybody get 'mad' in this thread. We're just playing
> with the dude for our own amusement.
>
> You want to see genuine *anger*, go back and look at some of Miles
> posts. Much more entertaining to see someone completely dedicated to
> being a raving lunatic.

Anger? LOL...Hard to be angry when too busy laughing at your rhetoric.
Look at the length of this thread. Playing with the dude? Think ya
got it backwards. You guys just can't resist doing just what this guy asked.

Mark Shaw

In article >,
"Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA" > wrote:
says...

>>...a troll?

>*plonk*

Hey, as long as you're at it: me too, okay?

ObBBQ: Hit Cooper's in Llano, Texas last Sunday. The line was
pretty long, but the Q was as good as last time. Tried the
prime rib -- not too shabby at all. The famous pork chop was a
bit dry but had great flavor.

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"How can any culture that has more lawyers
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:52:28 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

> I will report the results in a few days.

Please do, in rec.food.cooking.

PS: Your mom still dresses you funny.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:48:30 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

says...

>>ROFL. Easy to get some in this NG all riled up. Cracks me up too. The
>>flame replies usually outnumber the BBQ posts easily. Count the replies
>>to this thread already and with much more to come. All ranting and
>>whining about some guy who cooks differently.

>...most of them claiming that any kind of cooking other than what thay
>do is "off topic"

By my count, one post. Unless you'd like to post some additional proof
for that wild-ass loony assertion.

> but never admitting that a post that contains nothing
>but an insult (nothing about cooking at all) is also "off topic."

As is the case both with your post and the post you're following up
to.

Logic isn't your strong suit is it?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:57:04 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

says...

>>>*plonk*

>>Hey, as long as you're at it: me too, okay?

>When someone insults me, I delete the post without reading the rest
>of it and killfile him. You haven't insulted me.

I say we take this sad ****** up on his offer, so that all he sees is
Miles's posts.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Jim

>(Anyone else want to nbe killfiled? All it takes is one insult.
>Please inedtify yourself ASDAP so that i don't miss any of you!)

Count me in, you worthless, bleating fool.

Miles

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> As is the case both with your post and the post you're following up
> to.
>
> Logic isn't your strong suit is it?

Yours is? He wasn't the one complaining about an OT post by posting
another OT post. More that he was pointing out the hypocritical nature
of it all. Logic? lol...ya, you're a classic example of what is not
logical.

Miles

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:57:04 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> > wrote:

says...

>>>Hey, as long as you're at it: me too, okay?

>>When someone insults me, I delete the post without reading the rest
>>of it and killfile him. You haven't insulted me.
>>

> I say we take this sad ****** up on his offer, so that all he sees is
> Miles's posts.

Take out all your crap and a few of your cult buddies and ya, you
actually have some decent folks here.