Default Go ahead and flame me...

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:49:14 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

says...

>(childish insults deleted)
>
>>I have been served ribs "fixed" in a similar
>>fashion, and they *SUCKED*.

>Then you don't know how to cook with a pressure cooker. Mine came
>out better than BBQ. I can see how a reasonable person might prefer
>the BBQ ribs, but anyone who has tried both methods without screwing
>up would agree that it's a question of which is good and which is
>better.

I won't say which is better, since I haven't compared your ribs to
mine (or to any of the numerous people who have mastered ribs better
than I in this group).

All the same...it's still OFF TOPIC. Why? Because even _if_ it were
better than BBQ, the fact is that this group is about BBQ, not
alternatives to BBQ, or things that are "better than" BBQ. So again,
RFC would be a more appropriate place for your post...where they are
not specific to matters of cooking.

There are plenty of method variations...but it still comes down to- if
it ain't Q, it's OT. Move it elsewhere.

Bob

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:11:55 -0700, Bill
> wrote:

> Your an embarrasment to the syphilitic goats you blow.
>
> Plonked ya first.
>
> Bill

Bill,

You have to insult him before he can plonk you. Merely introducing his
other hobbies/activities isn't sufficient. ;-)

Bob
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:00:30 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

>I have a one strike plonk policy,

Oooh, skeery.

You can speed up this process by unsubscribing from AFB, you know.

PS: Your mom dresses you funny.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:00:15 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

says...

>>Your mom dresses you funny.

>*plonk*

Sensitive goober, isn't he?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"
Monroe, of course...

In article >, Kevin S.
Wilson > wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:00:15 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> > wrote:
>
> says...
> >
> >>Your mom dresses you funny.

> >*plonk*
> >

> Sensitive goober, isn't he?

Mebbe.
He sure as hell don't seem so frickin 'wise' to me.
welcome to the club, Kevin.

monroe(thatsfersure)
Jack Sloan

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, Kevin S.
> Wilson > wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:00:15 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > says...

> > >*plonk*
> > >

> > Sensitive goober, isn't he?

> Mebbe.
> He sure as hell don't seem so frickin 'wise' to me.
> welcome to the club, Kevin.
>
> monroe(thatsfersure)

Who in the heck is this guy gonna talk to?
Jack

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> wrote:

> "Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> > In article >, Kevin S.
> > Wilson > wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:00:15 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> > >
> > > says...

> > > Sensitive goober, isn't he?

> > Mebbe.
> > He sure as hell don't seem so frickin 'wise' to me.
> > welcome to the club, Kevin.
> >
> > monroe(thatsfersure)

> Who in the heck is this guy gonna talk to?
> Jack

Ain't too many Pressurecook rib fans to talk to - are there?
Maybe milesh - (another oh so wise one)- they can carp about what rude
******* purist assholes we all are. You can learn a lot about Q that
way <smirk>

monroe(in short WGAS? ;-) )
Duwop

> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:49:14 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> > wrote:

Why is it ALWAYS ribs these bozos come here and drone on about?

Come on troll, show some originality, tell us how chemical tenderizers are
sooo much better than a salt brine or anything new for gawds sake. But not
ribs again, booooring.

Try and tell us how much better natural gas is than propane, and both are so
much better than natural wood.

Damn attention deficient *******s, are they all so dimwitted and unoriginal?
What happened to the real trolls, they had wit at least.

BOB

Duwop typed:

> Why is it ALWAYS ribs these bozos come here and drone on about?
>
> Come on troll, show some originality, tell us how chemical tenderizers are
> sooo much better than a salt brine or anything new for gawds sake. But not
> ribs again, booooring.
>
> Try and tell us how much better natural gas is than propane, and both are

so
> much better than natural wood.
>
> Damn attention deficient *******s, are they all so dimwitted and

unoriginal?
> What happened to the real trolls, they had wit at least.

LOL!

Well, since you asked,
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...r%3D%26hl%3Den

It was probably one of the better trolls we've had. It did take some
originality, though.

BOB

BOB

> Duwop typed:
>
>> Why is it ALWAYS ribs these bozos come here and drone on about?
>>
>> Come on troll, show some originality, tell us how chemical tenderizers are
>> sooo much better than a salt brine or anything new for gawds sake. But not
>> ribs again, booooring.
>>
>> Try and tell us how much better natural gas is than propane, and both are

so
>> much better than natural wood.
>>
>> Damn attention deficient *******s, are they all so dimwitted and

unoriginal?
>> What happened to the real trolls, they had wit at least.

> LOL!
>
> Well, since you asked,

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...r%3D%26hl%3Den

> It was probably one of the better trolls we've had. It did take some
> originality, though.
>
> BOB

Try this one, it starts the thread:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...tbi.com#link10

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:10:58 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>Duwop typed:
>
>> What happened to the real trolls, they had wit at least.
>>

>Well, since you asked,
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...r%3D%26hl%3Den
>
>It was probably one of the better trolls we've had. It did take some
>originality, though.

A bit too obvious to score very high on the Troll-O-Meter. However, it
did land KentH in the boat.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?"

Jack Curry

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
news:261020031243494078%> > > > says...

> > > Mebbe.
> > > He sure as hell don't seem so frickin 'wise' to me.
> > > welcome to the club, Kevin.
> > >
> > > monroe(thatsfersure)

> > Who in the heck is this guy gonna talk to?
> > Jack

> Ain't too many Pressurecook rib fans to talk to - are there?
> Maybe milesh - (another oh so wise one)- they can carp about what rude
> ******* purist assholes we all are. You can learn a lot about Q that
> way <smirk>
>
> monroe(in short WGAS? ;-) )

Has this clown set a record?
"Most plonks of regulars in shortest amount of time?"
Methinks so.
Jack Curry
-History has been made-

BOB

Duwop typed:

> <VBG> Oh yeah, Hank! I got some damn good laffs from hhim. Ya know, I

always
> thought he was one of our own here.
>
> Come on, fess up BOB! You're Hank, aintcha?

I wish. I'm not that creative.

Duwop

BOB wrote:
>> Duwop typed:
>>
>>> Why is it ALWAYS ribs these bozos come here and drone on about?
>>>
>>> What happened to the real trolls, they had wit at least.

>> LOL!
>>
>> It was probably one of the better trolls we've had. It did take some
>> originality, though.
>>
>> BOB

> Try this one, it starts the thread:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...tbi.com#link10

<VBG> Oh yeah, Hank! I got some damn good laffs from hhim. Ya know, I always
thought he was one of our own here.

Come on, fess up BOB! You're Hank, aintcha?

Jack Sloan

wrote in message ...

> says...
>
> >bozos

> *plonk*
>
> Anyone else here prefer insult to discussion?

I think in your case , just about everybody.
Jack

Miles

Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA wrote:

> I would hope not. I can see that this newsgroup has developed a
> culture of personal attacks and rudeness instaed of having polite
> disagreements, but I have no intention of participating in any of
> that, and anyone who does gets exactly one chance before being
> killfiled.

LOL! Wecome to this NG. It's not always about the best way to cook a
piece of meat. In this NG it's more about tradition. Deviate from that
and you get what you have! That said, I haven't had any ribs better
than bbq'd. I've had boiled then grilled, pressure cooked etc. Some
were fairly decent but not as good as bbq'd. If I do not have time to
bbq I buy meats that are very tender and do not benifit from slow
cooking much. Trouble is, those cuts cost more. Now join the purists
club and do things their way or get flamed!! By the number of replies
you got to this thread they love this stuff anyways. Easily amused!

Jack Sloan

"Miles" > wrote in message
news1%mb.35829$Rd4.30212@fed1read07...

> Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA wrote:
>

> > I would hope not. I can see that this newsgroup has developed a
> > culture of personal attacks and rudeness instaed of having polite
> > disagreements, but I have no intention of participating in any of
> > that, and anyone who does gets exactly one chance before being
> > killfiled.

> LOL! Wecome to this NG. It's not always about the best way to cook a
> piece of meat. In this NG it's more about tradition. Deviate from that
> and you get what you have! That said, I haven't had any ribs better
> than bbq'd. I've had boiled then grilled, pressure cooked etc. Some
> were fairly decent but not as good as bbq'd. If I do not have time to
> bbq I buy meats that are very tender and do not benifit from slow
> cooking much. Trouble is, those cuts cost more. Now join the purists
> club and do things their way or get flamed!! By the number of replies
> you got to this thread they love this stuff anyways. Easily amused!

All is not lost...He can talk with Miles.
Jack

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> wrote:

<snip meelesh typical crap>

> All is not lost...He can talk with Miles.

Where's my yenta fee?
They'll make a cute couple, all snuggled up under a rock somewhere....
Who cares if neither one can Q their way out of a paper bag-they can
discuss things all 'civil' like <sucking sounds here>

monroe(ain't love grand)
BOB

Jack Sloan typed:
> "Miles" > wrote in message
> news1%mb.35829$Rd4.30212@fed1read07...
>>

>> Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA wrote:
>>

>>> I would hope not. I can see that this newsgroup has developed a
>>> culture of personal attacks and rudeness instaed of having polite
>>> disagreements, but I have no intention of participating in any of
>>> that, and anyone who does gets exactly one chance before being
>>> killfiled.

>> LOL! Wecome to this NG. It's not always about the best way to cook a
>> piece of meat. In this NG it's more about tradition. Deviate from that
>> and you get what you have! That said, I haven't had any ribs better
>> than bbq'd. I've had boiled then grilled, pressure cooked etc. Some
>> were fairly decent but not as good as bbq'd. If I do not have time to
>> bbq I buy meats that are very tender and do not benifit from slow
>> cooking much. Trouble is, those cuts cost more. Now join the purists
>> club and do things their way or get flamed!! By the number of replies
>> you got to this thread they love this stuff anyways. Easily amused!

> All is not lost...He can talk with Miles.
> Jack

Yes, now that Miles/milesh has escaped from his captors. (

BOB

The Chesapeake Explorer

I am just laughing seeing all this..Many years back I had a friend
"Red Sam" He loved to engage people in conversations to argue them
till they got mad.. Guess he was a troll of sorts.. Now days he does
have a computer and likes "hacking" these days I hear.. Some people
really like this stuff. Its funny to sit on the sideline as well
seeing people get their goat up too. Pressure cooked ribs! A greasy
sticky sauced mass that in all fairness might be good if added to a
spaghetti sauce.

El Capitan

In article > ,
"Jack Curry" <Jack-Curry > wrote:

> "Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> news:261020031243494078%> > > > says...

> > > Who in the heck is this guy gonna talk to?
> > > Jack

> > Ain't too many Pressurecook rib fans to talk to - are there?
> > Maybe milesh - (another oh so wise one)- they can carp about what rude
> > ******* purist assholes we all are. You can learn a lot about Q that
> > way <smirk>
> >
> > monroe(in short WGAS? ;-) )
> >

> Has this clown set a record?
> "Most plonks of regulars in shortest amount of time?"
> Methinks so.
> Jack Curry
> -History has been made-

He's a troll, fer Chrissakes. He asks in his title for people to flame
him, then killfiles anyone who thinks that his idea is useless.

Well, it may taste good, but it ain't 'cue. I'm not going to try it
anyway. My pressure cooker is a hand-me-down from my grandparents, and
though it's built like a submarine's pressure doors, it still scares the
hell out of me.

Might as well plonk me too, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
With ideas like this sooner or later I'll poke fun at ya too.

Good luck carrying on a conversation with the 3 people that are left.

EC
Steve Wertz

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:11:26 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>In ,
>Another Wise Ass - Macon, GA USA > typed:
>> lid says...
>>
>>> ...a troll?

>> *plonk*

>Got you, too, Steve. Congratulations!

Ahh, I feel complete now. My work here is done.

-sw
Steve Squirtz

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:30:26 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

says...

>>bozos

>*plonk*
>
>Anyone else here prefer insult to discussion?

Aren't you the idiot who used the Subject: "Go Ahead and Flame me"?
And then you go around plonking everybody who does?

Big Baby.

-sw
BOB

Monroe, of course... typed:
> In article "Jack Sloan" wrote:
>
> <snip meelesh typical crap>
>
>> All is not lost...He can talk with Miles.

> Where's my yenta fee?
> They'll make a cute couple, all snuggled up under a rock somewhere....
> Who cares if neither one can Q their way out of a paper bag-they can
> discuss things all 'civil' like <sucking sounds here>
>
> monroe(ain't love grand)

You know, I really hate to correct you, but wouldn't that be "under a bridge
somewhere..." since we all know that trolls live under rocks?
<vbg>

BOB

Steve Swertz

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:05:15 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

>Now killfiling based on the Path: header. Good luck changing that.

You do relize that you just killfiled random posts from Bellsouth,
doncha?

-sw

Steve Sqwertz

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:01:21 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

>I would hope not. I can see that this newsgroup has developed a
>culture of personal attacks and rudeness instaed of having polite
>disagreements, but I have no intention of participating in any of
>that, and anyone who does gets exactly one chance before being
>killfiled.

You're a complete idiot. Read the subject that *you* chose to use.

-sw
Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA

says...

>Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA wrote:
>
>> I would hope not. I can see that this newsgroup has developed a
>> culture of personal attacks and rudeness instaed of having polite
>> disagreements, but I have no intention of participating in any of
>> that, and anyone who does gets exactly one chance before being
>> killfiled.

>LOL! Wecome to this NG. It's not always about the best way to cook a
>piece of meat. In this NG it's more about tradition. Deviate from that
>and you get what you have! That said, I haven't had any ribs better
>than bbq'd. I've had boiled then grilled, pressure cooked etc. Some
>were fairly decent but not as good as bbq'd. If I do not have time to
>bbq I buy meats that are very tender and do not benifit from slow
>cooking much. Trouble is, those cuts cost more. Now join the purists
>club and do things their way or get flamed!! By the number of replies
>you got to this thread they love this stuff anyways. Easily amused!

I wonder how this group got this way. I have been a perfect
gentleman and haven't insuted anyone, yet still they choose to
insult rather than discuss. I wonder why?

Good point about the expensive cuts. I bought some very high quality
ribs for my experiment. Wuth a cheaper cut the BBQ may very well win out.

| Just Another Internet Wise Guy Macon, GA USA |

Steve

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:14:08 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

>Note that I have not insulted anyone....

From your second post: "I will wager that not a single fool who
flamed me has ever tried it my way".

What were you saying again, shit-for-brains?

-sw
BOB

In ,
Another WiseAss- Macon, GA USA > typed:
> says...
>>
>> Another Wise Ass - Macon, GA USA wrote:
>>
>>> I would hope not. I can see that this newsgroup has developed a
>>> culture of personal attacks and rudeness instaed of having polite
>>> disagreements, but I have no intention of participating in any of
>>> that, and anyone who does gets exactly one chance before being
>>> killfiled.

>> LOL! Wecome to this NG. It's not always about the best way to cook a
>> piece of meat. In this NG it's more about tradition. Deviate from that
>> and you get what you have! That said, I haven't had any ribs better
>> than bbq'd. I've had boiled then grilled, pressure cooked etc. Some
>> were fairly decent but not as good as bbq'd. If I do not have time to
>> bbq I buy meats that are very tender and do not benifit from slow
>> cooking much. Trouble is, those cuts cost more. Now join the purists
>> club and do things their way or get flamed!! By the number of replies
>> you got to this thread they love this stuff anyways. Easily amused!

> I wonder how this group got this way. I have been a perfect
> gentleman and haven't insuted anyone, yet still they choose to
> insult rather than discuss. I wonder why?
>
> Good point about the expensive cuts. I bought some

> very high quality
> ribs

Huh? very high quality ribs? Sucker!

> for my experiment. Wuth a cheaper cut the BBQ may very well win out.

>> Just Another Internet Wise Ass Macon, GA USA |

Bill Funk

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:18:07 +0000, "Another Wise Guy - Macon, GA USA"
> wrote:

>Good point about the expensive cuts. I bought some very high quality
>ribs for my experiment. Wuth a cheaper cut the BBQ may very well win out.

"very high quality ribs..."
You may want to rethink that.
If they were "very high quality ribs", why did you need to pressure
cook them?
It would seem that you really don't know as much as you think you do.

Oh, gee, is that an insult?
No, it's fact.

--
Bill Funk