Old 26-10-2003, 03:59 AM
Jack Sloan

Default FYI--vacuum-sealer bag bargains

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"Jack Sloan" wrote in message

Worked fine = seals and vacs FINE...ok?
Jack

If you used them and say so, OK. If not, NO, it is not fine or OK.

Sorry to be doubtful, but I've seen too many times that someone sealed a
bread bag or lunch bag and they thought is was just dandy and it "worked
fine". But while it sealed, it did not draw a vacuum.
Ed

My foodsaver will NOT pull a vac on potato chip bags. Not Lays chips .Not
Fritos. Not Ruffles. It will,however, pull a vac on Black and Decker rolls.
Ed, that's three testimonials from me. You must remember that I am from
Texas and a Republican and perhaps by definition not to be trusted. Maybe
two or three others have used the B&D bags or rolls and will come to my
support and bring you to the dark side of B&D.
JackG

Old 26-10-2003, 04:08 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jack Sloan"
My foodsaver will NOT pull a vac on potato chip bags. Not Lays chips .Not
Fritos. Not Ruffles. It will,however, pull a vac on Black and Decker

rolls.
Ed, that's three testimonials from me. You must remember that I am from
Texas and a Republican and perhaps by definition not to be trusted.

Maybe
two or three others have used the B&D bags or rolls and will come to my
support and bring you to the dark side of B&D.
JackG

YOU I trust. Even if you are from Texas. It is some of the other a$$&0es
that think their 30 year old Daisy Seal-A-Meal is better than the vacuum of
outer space.

I'll be looking for some B&D rolls in the future.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Old 26-10-2003, 06:18 AM
zxcvbob

Stan (the Man) wrote:

Walter H. Lewis III wrote:

Try here! cheepest I've found yet

http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html

Walt

You've tried these with the Tilia and they work?

I've tried 'em and they work. But I think Tilia rolls at Sam's Club are a
little cheaper.

Bob

Old 26-10-2003, 06:31 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

"zxcvbob" wrote in message Try here! cheepest
I've found yet

http://www.dessicant.com/channel_bags.html

Walt

You've tried these with the Tilia and they work?

I've tried 'em and they work. But I think Tilia rolls at Sam's Club are a
little cheaper.

They no longer sell the Tilia style bags. They go caught selling out the
back door, so to speak.

Old 26-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Larry Noah

In article , "Edwin Pawlowski"
writes:

It was established that they sealed OK, but never found out if they pulled a
vacuum with the Foodsaver. They must have air channels to work that way.
Can anyone confirm that they do?

READ MY LIPS - The B&D rolls SEAL with the Foodsaver - They VACUUM with the
Foodsaver - They ignore your rule that the MJST have air channels as they do
not.

Larry Noah

Old 26-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Larry Noah" wrote in message

READ MY LIPS -

I don't read lips. You just never know where they have been.

Old 26-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Hahabogus

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
om:

YOU I trust. Even if you are from Texas. It is some of the other
a$$&0es that think their 30 year old Daisy Seal-A-Meal is better than
the vacuum of outer space.

I doubt highly that either tilia or B&D imports their vaccum from outer
space. The aforementioned vaccum probably comes from Texas as well.
Old 26-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Stan (the Man)

Larry Noah wrote:
In article , "Edwin Pawlowski"
writes:

It was established that they sealed OK, but never found out if they pulled a
vacuum with the Foodsaver. They must have air channels to work that way.
Can anyone confirm that they do?

READ MY LIPS - The B&D rolls SEAL with the Foodsaver - They VACUUM with the
Foodsaver - They ignore your rule that the MJST have air channels as they do
not.

Actually, the B&D bags do have air channels of a sort. They're just not
etched onto the bag, itself. They incorporate two interior "wings" of
mesh material which provide the channel for air extraction.

--
Stan
http://www.tocquevillian.com

Old 26-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

"Stan (the Man)" wrote in message
Actually, the B&D bags do have air channels of a sort. They're just not
etched onto the bag, itself. They incorporate two interior "wings" of
mesh material which provide the channel for air extraction.

--

Thank you. I figured there must be some way to evacuate the air. Now to
find a source as I've not seen them in stores (but have not looked all that

Old 26-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Stan (the Man)

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Stan (the Man)" wrote in message

Actually, the B&D bags do have air channels of a sort. They're just not
etched onto the bag, itself. They incorporate two interior "wings" of
mesh material which provide the channel for air extraction.

--

Thank you. I figured there must be some way to evacuate the air. Now to
find a source as I've not seen them in stores (but have not looked all that
hard either) and did not find them in a quick search of web sites.
Ed

As I posted originally, I got them at WalMart.

--
Stan
http://www.tocquevillian.com

Old 26-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Steve Calvin

Stan (the Man) wrote:

Steve Calvin wrote:

I've been following this thread with interest. I haven't seen anyone
say that they've actually used another manufactures bags with the
Foodsaver and had them *work*.

Anyone?

Yes, you did. In my post wrt Black & Decker bags that started this
thread. Here's the relevant part:
"While it says on the box that they "work with leading brand vacuum
sealers," I wasn't sure of how well they'd work with my Tilia, so I only
bought one box. I just tried making one bag and sealing an apple and it
works just dandy. I'm going back to wipe them out."

I've since used them for packaging up some sauce for my kids to take
back to school and they did the job well.

oops... my bad... ;-) Thanks!

--
Steve

Vacuum sealer bags GoodCook Preserving 1 05-07-2009 05:04 PM
Vacuum Sealer [email protected] Preserving 1 10-01-2005 03:05 AM
Vacuum bag sealer P and H Macguire Cooking Equipment 9 26-07-2004 07:31 PM
Best-Vac vacuum sealer Red Cooking Equipment 1 07-07-2004 03:09 AM
B&D vacuum sealer KenCo Preserving 1 08-12-2003 05:20 PM