PigmundT

Default Ping: Ricky

Just missed you by half an hour in Grant. Nice t-storms you guys have down
there.
I did however, run into a couple of your co-judges. Sorry, I cannot remember
their names. The judge with the white beard gave me a copy of the National
Barbecue News. He suggested I read, and then subscribe, or join the FBA.
Some good advice. I met so many great people that day.

Do FBA rules always allow teams to compete and vend, or is this allowed for
benefits only?

(Had a worm virus just before leaving for Grant and recently got back on
line.)

Hope to see you there next year.

Danny

Ricky

Default Ricky

"PigmundT" > wrote in message
> Just missed you by half an hour in Grant. Nice t-storms you guys have down
> there.
> I did however, run into a couple of your co-judges. Sorry, I cannot

remember
> their names. The judge with the white beard gave me a copy of the National
> Barbecue News. He suggested I read, and then subscribe, or join the FBA.
> Some good advice. I met so many great people that day.
>
> Do FBA rules always allow teams to compete and vend, or is this allowed

for
> benefits only?

Danny,
Sorry I missed you but I had to split right after judging to get home
and cook for my gang. As far as vending goes... it's up to the organizer.
There's nothing in the FBA rules about vending.
Come on out to Minneola on Halloween. Great contest. I'll be cooking my
final contest as the Boca Boys. I'm going back to just judging and repping
contests after that. Friday night is always a party. I'm cooking leg of
lamb.

PigmundT

Unfortunately, I'll be stuck here in Jersey doing fall clean-up and prepping
for a barbecue at work for 400. I will be keeping an eye on the schedule for
next year
to what events I'll be able to attend.
Good luck in Minneola,

Danny

"Ricky" > wrote in message
> "PigmundT" > wrote in message
> > Just missed you by half an hour in Grant. Nice t-storms you guys have

down
> > there.
> > I did however, run into a couple of your co-judges. Sorry, I cannot

> remember
> > their names. The judge with the white beard gave me a copy of the

National
> > Barbecue News. He suggested I read, and then subscribe, or join the FBA.
> > Some good advice. I met so many great people that day.
> >
> > Do FBA rules always allow teams to compete and vend, or is this allowed

> for
> > benefits only?

> Danny,
> Sorry I missed you but I had to split right after judging to get home
> and cook for my gang. As far as vending goes... it's up to the organizer.
> There's nothing in the FBA rules about vending.
> Come on out to Minneola on Halloween. Great contest. I'll be cooking

my
> final contest as the Boca Boys. I'm going back to just judging and repping
> contests after that. Friday night is always a party. I'm cooking leg of
> lamb.

Ricky

"PigmundT" > wrote in message
> Unfortunately, I'll be stuck here in Jersey doing fall clean-up and

prepping
> for a barbecue at work for 400. I will be keeping an eye on the schedule

for
> next year
> to what events I'll be able to attend.
> Good luck in Minneola,