Brian and Maryann

Default Another Stupid Question

In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with an
area of 870 square inches?

Jack Schidt®

"Brian and Maryann" > wrote in message
> In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with

an
> area of 870 square inches?

exactly half as many as would fit on a grill with an area of 1740 square
inches.

Seriously, square grill? round? what are the dimensions if square?

Figure about 6" x 10" per half, not counting the leg bone.

Jack

Brian and Maryann

I should have put down, it's a square grill.
Thanks,
Brian

"Brian and Maryann" > wrote in message
> In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with

an
> area of 870 square inches?

Pierre

"Brian and Maryann" > wrote in message news:<CTwlb.206187$%h1.204828@sccrnsc02>...
> In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with an
> area of 870 square inches?

Just 1

Pierre
Houston, TX
Spud

"Brian and Maryann" > wrote in message
> In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with

an
> area of 870 square inches?

Assuming a standard chicken half is 45 sq in., 1/2" spacing between
chickens, that all the chickens are homogenous, that the coefficent of
friction is zero on the grill surface, that wind speed is negligible, and
that the chickens won't move, I'd say about 7 whole chickens or 14 halves,
giblets removed.

Spud

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:48:43 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:

>"Brian and Maryann" > wrote in message
>> In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with

>an
>> area of 870 square inches?
>>

>Assuming a standard chicken half is 45 sq in., 1/2" spacing between
>chickens, that all the chickens are homogenous, that the coefficent of
>friction is zero on the grill surface, that wind speed is negligible, and
>that the chickens won't move, I'd say about 7 whole chickens or 14 halves,
>giblets removed.

African chickens maybe, but not European chickens.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
> [ . . . ] European chickens.

Please don't talk about the French that way!

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
Spud

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message

:
> > African chickens maybe, but not European chickens.

Is that a racial epitaph? Shame on you!

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:13:43 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .

>> > African chickens maybe, but not European chickens.

>Is that a racial epitaph? Shame on you!

If you don't get the allusion, just say so. Someone will be along
shortly to enlighten you (maybe).

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Jason Tinling

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> If you don't get the allusion, just say so. Someone will be along
> shortly to enlighten you (maybe).
>

> --
> Kevin S. Wilson
> Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
> "Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
> --Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

What...is the airspeed velocity of an unladen chicken?

Ummm...African or European chcken?

I don't know...auuugggghhhh

You mean like that, Kevin?

Jason

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:54:13 -0400, "Jason Tinling"
> wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> If you don't get the allusion, just say so. Someone will be along
>> shortly to enlighten you (maybe).
>>

>What...is the airspeed velocity of an unladen chicken?
>
>Ummm...African or European chcken?
>
>I don't know...auuugggghhhh
>

>You mean like that, Kevin?

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more, say no more.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Steve Wertz

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:48:43 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:

>"Brian and Maryann" > wrote in message
>> In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with

>an
>> area of 870 square inches?
>>

>Assuming a standard chicken half is 45 sq in., 1/2" spacing between
>chickens, that all the chickens are homogenous, that the coefficent of
>friction is zero on the grill surface, that wind speed is negligible, and
>that the chickens won't move, I'd say about 7 whole chickens or 14 halves,
>giblets removed.

7*(45+2)=329

OTOH,

870/(45+2)=18 chickens.

-sw
Condor Chef

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:13:43 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:
> >
> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >Is that a racial epitaph? Shame on you!

> If you don't get the allusion, just say so. Someone will be along
> shortly to enlighten you (maybe).

Someone explain to Spud that it doesn't matter where he grips it,
or even if there were two with a line strung between them...

CC

Spud

> 7*(45+2)=329
>
> OTOH,
>
> 870/(45+2)=18 chickens.
>
> -sw

CHICKENS = 870 / [(9+2*0.5) * (5+2*0.5) *2]
= 7 American chickens

And a cluckety cluck cluck..................

Steve Wertz

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:38:04 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:

>> 7*(45+2)=329
>>
>> OTOH,
>>
>> 870/(45+2)=18 chickens.
>>
>> -sw

>CHICKENS = 870 / [(9+2*0.5) * (5+2*0.5) *2]
> = 7 American chickens
>
>And a cluckety cluck cluck..................

Oh Yeah? Well, Pluck U! (the name of a chicken wing place in Santa
Clara, CA)

I didn't cut my chickens in half. I was smoking them, not grilling
them. Being whole, they had a much smaller footprint ;-)

And if you did beer can chicken, you could probably fit 24 birds on
there... (the only advantage of beer can chicken is space).

-sw

JL

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:54:13 -0400, "Jason Tinling"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> If you don't get the allusion, just say so. Someone will be along
> >> shortly to enlighten you (maybe).
> >>

> >What...is the airspeed velocity of an unladen chicken?
> >
> >Ummm...African or European chcken?
> >
> >I don't know...auuugggghhhh
> >

> >You mean like that, Kevin?
> >

> Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more, say no more.

It is a 'swallow' not a chcken or even a chicken.

Spud

> >Is that a racial epitaph? Shame on you!

I think you're making light of African Americans.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:52:04 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:

>> >Is that a racial epitaph? Shame on you!

>I think you're making light of African Americans.

A number of clues have been dropped at your feet, and you still don't
get it.

Somebody else want to tell him in words of one syllable?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Spud

> A number of clues have been dropped at your feet, and you still don't
> get it.
>
> Somebody else want to tell him in words of one syllable?

Bigot! Plonk!

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:50:10 GMT, "Spud" > wrote:

>> A number of clues have been dropped at your feet, and you still don't
>> get it.
>>
>> Somebody else want to tell him in words of one syllable?
>>

>Bigot!

You really shouldn't use words without understanding their meaning.

>Plonk!

Sure you did, sparky. I believe you.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Thomas Mooney

Spud > wrote in message
y.com...

> Is that a racial epitaph? Shame on you!

I believe the word you meant to use is epithet.

Frankly I was surprised that Kevin appeared to cross a line he has drawn so
clearly in the past. Until a hint was dropped regarding the cultural
reference. At that point my trusty sidekick Robin turned to me and said
"Holy Grail, Batman! Now I get it!" <clip, clop, clip clop>

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:55:30 GMT, "Brian and Maryann"
> wrote:

>In your honest opinion, how many chicken halves will fit on a grill with an
>area of 870 square inches?

What size are they?

Harry
Jack Sloan

"Thomas Mooney" > wrote in message
> Spud > wrote in message
> y.com...
> >

> > Is that a racial epitaph? Shame on you!
> >

> I believe the word you meant to use is epithet.
>
> Frankly I was surprised that Kevin appeared to cross a line he has drawn

so
> clearly in the past. Until a hint was dropped regarding the cultural
> reference. At that point my trusty sidekick Robin turned to me and said
> "Holy Grail, Batman! Now I get it!" <clip, clop, clip clop>
>
> --
> TFM3

Come back and fight like a man ,you coward.
Jack

Thomas Mooney

Jack Sloan > wrote in message

> "Thomas Mooney" > wrote in message
> > At that point my trusty sidekick Robin turned to me and said
> > "Holy Grail, Batman! Now I get it!" <clip, clop, clip clop>
> >
> > --
> > TFM3

> Come back and fight like a man ,you coward.
> Jack

That does it. Time to rent it again. One forgets just _how_ funny that
movie is. And one viewing and we're all (the boys especially) are walking
around quoting lines for days.

Bring out your dead....

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Brian and Maryann

"Thomas Mooney" > wrote in message
> Jack Sloan > wrote in message
> >
> > "Thomas Mooney" > wrote in message
> > > At that point my trusty sidekick Robin turned to me and said
> > > "Holy Grail, Batman! Now I get it!" <clip, clop, clip clop>
> > >
> > > --
> > > TFM3

> > Come back and fight like a man ,you coward.
> > Jack
> >

> That does it. Time to rent it again. One forgets just _how_ funny that
> movie is. And one viewing and we're all (the boys especially) are walking
> around quoting lines for days.
>
> Bring out your dead....
>
> --
> TFM3
>
> Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

When I asked this question, I never expected a Spanish Inquisition.

Default User

Thomas Mooney wrote:

> Frankly I was surprised that Kevin appeared to cross a line he has drawn so
> clearly in the past. Until a hint was dropped regarding the cultural
> reference. At that point my trusty sidekick Robin turned to me and said
> "Holy Grail, Batman! Now I get it!" <clip, clop, clip clop>

Brave Sir Robin ran away

Bravely ran away, away

When danger reared its ugly head

He bravely turned his tail and fled

Brian Rodenborn
Jack Curry

Brian and Maryann wrote:

snippage-

> When I asked this question, I never expected a Spanish Inquisition.

And you didn't get one, just some humor, mostly among a bunch of the
regulars here. I don't think anyone intended to hurt your feelings, but you
said, "Another Stupid Question" and is was, kinda...
Jack Curry

Condor Chef

> "Thomas Mooney" > wrote in message
> > Jack Sloan > wrote in message

> > > Come back and fight like a man ,you coward.
> > > Jack
> > >

> > That does it. Time to rent it again. One forgets just _how_ funny that
> > movie is. And one viewing and we're all (the boys especially) are

walking
> > around quoting lines for days.
> >
> > Bring out your dead....
> >
> > --
> > TFM3
> >
> > Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

> When I asked this question, I never expected a Spanish Inquisition.

NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

CC

Jack Curry wrote:

> Brian and Maryann wrote:
>
> snippage-
> >
> > When I asked this question, I never expected a Spanish Inquisition.

> And you didn't get one, just some humor, mostly among a bunch of the
> regulars here.

The correct response was, "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Brian Rodenborn

another stupid question that isn't really stupid, because there really is no such thing as a stupid question blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 0 01-09-2010 07:39 PM
another stupid question that isn't really stupid, because there really is no such thing as a stupid question blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 0 01-09-2010 07:36 PM
Stupid question, but I have to ask... George Shirley General Cooking 6 16-07-2010 01:39 AM
Stupid CYM Question Tutall Barbecue 6 06-07-2008 07:15 PM
Just a stupid question MOMPEAGRAM Preserving 4 18-10-2004 05:08 AM