Old 24-10-2003, 12:52 AM
Harry Demidavicius

Default WSM in Winter

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:36:20 -0500, "Jack Sloan"
wrote:

"bbq" wrote in message
news:5%[email protected]

Thomas Mooney wrote:
Any tips on running a WSM in cold weather? I suspect that our

temperatures
here in Minnesota even rival Harry D.'s up in Calgary. Lookin' for any
advice I can get.

Thanks,

--
TFM3

Do any of you flowerpot cookers have any probs when it gets cold like that?
Jack( with the GrillDome in gulf coast country)

Wind & temperature affect will not materially a K's performance.

The only problem with ceramics is the cool down stage. One is better
to let the coals burn down to zilch with all vents open when the temps
are below freezing as opposed to "shutting it down". This prevents
condensation forming ice in the top of the dome. That will kill a K
and likely the other brands too.

Harry

Old 24-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:18:55 GMT, "Thomas Mooney"
wrote:

CSS wrote in message
nk.net...
Works fine in Northern California g

But then, of course, there are parts of Canada that are further south than
parts of Northern California! g

Jayzuss TFM3 - you must be one 16 Americans and fewer than a 500
Canadians who know that fact. :0)

Harry
Old 24-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Monroe, of course...

wrote:
But then, of course, there are parts of Canada that are further south than
parts of Northern California! g

Jayzuss TFM3 - you must be one 16 Americans and fewer than a 500
Canadians who know that fact. :0)

WOO HOO! When's our first club meeting?

monroe(not all americans are 'geographignorant')
Old 24-10-2003, 04:00 AM
Jack Sloan

"Harry Demidavicius" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:36:20 -0500, "Jack Sloan"
wrote:

"bbq" wrote in message
news:5%[email protected]

Thomas Mooney wrote:
[...]

Hmmmm, verrrrrrry interesting......never had a need to think about that
sorta thing.
Jack (in the 90 degree weather)

Old 24-10-2003, 04:38 AM
Thomas Mooney

wrote:

CSS wrote in message
nk.net...
Works fine in Northern California g

But then, of course, there are parts of Canada that are further south

than
parts of Northern California! g

Jayzuss TFM3 - you must be one 16 Americans and fewer than a 500
Canadians who know that fact. :0)

Harry

Don't be too impressed, Harry. I was born and raised in the Detroit area.
Our family used to go to Point Pelee National Park which, if I'm not
mistaken, is the most southerly tip of that small section of Canada that
dips further south than the California/Oregon border. Used to love swimming
there. Terrific waves. The bird-watching is also above average. A very
nice place that still holds mostly fond memories.

A few years ago we went back to the Detroit area to visit family and see one
last baseball game at Tiger Stadium. We took our boys over to Point Pelee.
Alas, couldn't go swimming - some temporary pollution/bacteria problem had
closed the beaches. Oh well.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Old 24-10-2003, 02:55 PM
John O

A few years ago we went back to the Detroit area to visit family and see
one
last baseball game at Tiger Stadium.

And there hasn't been any baseball in Detroit since. :-(

Memories of '84 are fading.........

John O

Old 25-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:00:03 -0500, "Jack Sloan"
wrote:

"Harry Demidavicius" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:36:20 -0500, "Jack Sloan"
wrote:

"bbq" wrote in message
news:5%[email protected]

Thomas Mooney wrote:
[...]

90 degrees would kill me.

Harry
Old 25-10-2003, 12:37 AM
DL

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:55:36 GMT, "John O"
wrote:

A few years ago we went back to the Detroit area to visit family and see

one
last baseball game at Tiger Stadium.

And there hasn't been any baseball in Detroit since. :-(

Memories of '84 are fading.........

John O

Not true. Wait'll next year.

- -

DL

http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm

Evidently your buddy Cedeño is a *******.

First of all, Cedeño is not my buddy.

::::::::::::::::

"Ahh, job hunt. Had an interview this week and all
I learned is this: Despite its name,
the company "Johnson Controls" does not manufacture condoms."
- Anonymous

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!
Old 25-10-2003, 12:57 AM
Thomas Mooney

news
wrote:

A few years ago we went back to the Detroit area to visit family and

see
one
last baseball game at Tiger Stadium.

And there hasn't been any baseball in Detroit since. :-(

Memories of '84 are fading.........

John O

Not true. Wait'll next year.

Are they going to shatter the 120 mark?!? g

Old 25-10-2003, 03:31 AM
John O

Not true. Wait'll next year.

Jeez, don't start sounding like the Chicawgo Northsiders... :-)

John O

Old 25-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Jack Schidt®

news
wrote:

A few years ago we went back to the Detroit area to visit family and

see
one
last baseball game at Tiger Stadium.

And there hasn't been any baseball in Detroit since. :-(

Memories of '84 are fading.........

John O

Not true. Wait'll next year.

That's Brooklyn Dodger talk! ;-O