IBSinger

Default "I don't hold animals superior..."

"I don't hold animals superior or even equal to humans. The whole case
for behaving decently to animals rests on the fact that we are the
superior species. We are the species uniquely capable of imagination,
rationality, and moral choice -- and that is precisely why we are
under an obligation to recognize and respect the rights of animals."
-- Brigid Brophy
Spud

We are under an obligation to recognize and respect the rights of animals.to
be barbequed properly with dignity.

> -- Frigid Broophy

doyle

"IBSinger" > wrote in message
om...
> "I don't hold animals superior or even equal to humans. The whole case
> for behaving decently to animals rests on the fact that we are the
> superior species. We are the species uniquely capable of imagination,
> rationality, and moral choice -- and that is precisely why we are
> under an obligation to recognize and respect the rights of animals."
> -- Brigid Brophy

And who gave them all these rights????

F.G. Whitfurrows

"IBSinger" > wrote in message
om...
> "I don't hold animals superior or even equal to humans. The whole case
> for behaving decently to animals rests on the fact that we are the
> superior species. We are the species uniquely capable of imagination,
> rationality, and moral choice -- and that is precisely why we are
> under an obligation to recognize and respect the rights of animals."
> -- Brigid Brophy

I say we let all the animals out of their cages and corrals and pens now to
run wild and unchecked and we can watch them all starve to death and then we
can scoop them up with snow shovels and burn them for heat in our houses and
businesses and we would be able to stop using oil and electricity for this
purpose. Hmmmmmmmm. .. think we could get our cars to run on dead, starved
animal carcasses? The amount of fossil fuels we could save would be worth
the switch to vegetarian diets in itself. And what if we could figure out
how to make toilet paper out of dead animal skins? Oh my god, it would be
marvelous! We could even wash it and re-use it! And we could use it for
printer paper and cereal boxes and we could make chairs out their bones and
upholster them with leather! Then Brigid and all her friends would be able
to unchain themselves from the trees in our National Forests because we
would have no more use for products made from trees, and all the little
birdies would have a nice place to live and sing their little songs, and all
the Pagans (sorry Jeannine) would have a place to run naked through the
woods from now on without fear of it being logged for the benefit of all us
greedy *******s.

THAT'S IT! I've seen the light! And all thanks go to Frigid Brigid. God I
love ya Brigid! Now **** off!

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Kswck

IBSinger wrote:

> "I don't hold animals superior or even equal to humans. The whole case
> for behaving decently to animals rests on the fact that we are the
> superior species. We are the species uniquely capable of imagination,
> rationality, and moral choice -- and that is precisely why we are
> under an obligation to recognize and respect the rights of animals."
> -- Brigid Brophy

You are just the sort of person that would condemn those who would shoot
and eat "Bambi", preferring the alternate route of watching "Bambi"
starve to death. And you would call yourself Humane too. Bleah!

april-g

IBSinger wrote:

> "I don't hold animals superior or even equal to humans. The whole case
> for behaving decently to animals rests on the fact that we are the
> superior species. We are the species uniquely capable of imagination,
> rationality, and moral choice -- and that is precisely why we are
> under an obligation to recognize and respect the rights of animals."
> -- Brigid Brophy

So, if your house becomes infested with roaches, fleas, or lice, you
respect their rights.

If starving mosquitoes need you to keep them alive, you oblige them.

If squirrels nest in your dormers and begin chewing away at the wooden
structure of your home, you don't deprive them of a warm place to stay
during the winter months.

You really are a wonderful person!!!!!

Nathan Lau

IBSinger wrote:

"please killfile me!"

<plonk>

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>

Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

IBSinger wrote:

> "I don't hold animals superior or even equal to humans. The whole case
> for behaving decently to animals rests on the fact that we are the
> superior species. We are the species uniquely capable of imagination,
> rationality, and moral choice -- and that is precisely why we are
> under an obligation to recognize and respect the rights of animals."
> -- Brigid Brophy

I'll be cremated. I've earned my karma.

Ch

Hey!
Animals Taste So Much more Superior than Humans!

om...

"Ch" > wrote:
> Hey!
> Animals Taste So Much more Superior than Humans!

Don't knock it if ya haven't tried it.

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended