Louis Cohen

Default Replacement Polder Probes

Does anyone have a good on-line source for these?

Thanks.

Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Jack Curry

Louis Cohen wrote:
> Does anyone have a good on-line source for these?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Louis Cohen
> Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

This was posted by Ben Robbins in Feb, '03. I haven't tried ordering.

Incidentally, anyone needing to can purchase the identical Polder probe
directly from Taylor for half the price. It costs $5.00 per probe - this
includes shipping. Just send a personal check or money order with the part
number written on the check (1470RP) to the address below. Included with
your order should be a note specifically stating the number to be purchased,
and the model number (#1470RP.)

Taylor Precision Products
2220 Entrada del Sol
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Attn: E. Salas

HTH,
Jack Curry

Louis Cohen wrote:

> Does anyone have a good on-line source for these?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Louis Cohen
> Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

I picked up a couple at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...366675-8953652
(you might have to copy/paste that link).

Not as cheap as the Taylor mail-order noted in another post, but they're
usually pretty fast and an order over $25 gets free shipping (and since
they sell EVERYTHING, $25 ain't hard to reach). I picked up a Taylor
unit as back-up for $13, f'r'instance.

I see they're currently "out of stock" on the probe, so maybe this ain't
such a good source <g>. In fact, they seem to be out of stock on a lot
of things. They have a lot of Lodge cast iron cookware on sale for
around half-price but all of that seems out of stock, too...