Ol' Hippie

Default Little Help

As of this week my wife and I have taken over the reigns so to speak of the
local Grange (Ophir #767). It is not in the best of shape, and hardly used.
Kitchen is A-OK with the health dept. I have the license to prove it, after
paying my 125 bucks. I use it to produce my Barbeque Sauce.
To the point, I would like some winning ideas to get the locals in for
events, dinners, music and so-on. We live in a very small community, 2000 or
so, the local paper comes out once a week and can get free articles
published as well as free time on the local radio station, we will get
relatively zero help in putting these things on and the Grange barely has
enough money to keep the lights on and the propane tank filled, I want to
change that.
As winter is coming on an outside BBQ event would not be the best choice,
but I would cook outside and serve inside if it would bring in the people.
We are a coastal community so I was thinking of a Crab Feed too.
I am told we could expect at least 100 people to attend if there is food.
How many pounds of Pork butt is that anyway????? LOL How many Crabs?
(Ocean Crabs).
We want to raise enough money to seal the basement walls they leak. As well
as create a center for artisans and so on to use on a regular basis.
Eventually we want to make the building handicapped accessible too.
All it takes is time & money.
The Grange forbids booze in there building, so at any event everyone resorts
to their trucks or trunks of their car for a snoot full, somehow we have to
get creative as the booze lubes the wallets.

Any suggestions out there? Any folks involved in the Grange?
Bruce-n-Gold Beach
olhippieATcharterDOtNET

xerophile

"Ol' Hippie" > wrote in message

> Any suggestions out there? Any folks involved in the Grange?

Take a look at http://www.ces.uga.edu/pubcd/b1039-w...ry%20Worksheet

Ol' Hippie

"xerophile" > wrote in message

> "Ol' Hippie" > wrote in message
> >
> > Any suggestions out there? Any folks involved in the Grange?

> Take a look at

http://www.ces.uga.edu/pubcd/b1039-w...ry%20Worksheet

Wow, now that is some serious information ! Thank you and
GO DAWGS !