cc0112453

Default Pitt's and Spitt's smoker

Thought I had found the smoker of my dreams, What a beauty, and on sale to
boot! I had done all of the research and figured out how I was going to pay
for it. It was almost a done deal. Then I called the manufacturer and
found out that their smallest smoker weighed four hundred pounds and would
cost four hundred dollars to ship from Texas to Washington state. Wow,
didn't think it would cost that much to ship. Back to the drawing board.
Any one going to Texas?

Rage85

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:59:03 -0700, "cc0112453"
> wrote:

>Thought I had found the smoker of my dreams, What a beauty, and on sale to
>boot! I had done all of the research and figured out how I was going to pay
>for it. It was almost a done deal. Then I called the manufacturer and
>found out that their smallest smoker weighed four hundred pounds and would
>cost four hundred dollars to ship from Texas to Washington state. Wow,
>didn't think it would cost that much to ship. Back to the drawing board.
>Any one going to Texas?

Yep.... And it comes via truck they will only drop it on your curb. I
had one delivered to CT. And they came with no lift gate on the truck.
They had to come back and there were quite a few friends to help bring
it to its final home.... BPITA
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Cuchulain Libby

cc0112453 wrote:
> Thought I had found the smoker of my dreams, What a beauty, and on
> sale to boot! I had done all of the research and figured out how I
> was going to pay for it. It was almost a done deal. Then I called
> the manufacturer and found out that their smallest smoker weighed
> four hundred pounds and would cost four hundred dollars to ship from
> Texas to Washington state. Wow, didn't think it would cost that much
> to ship. Back to the drawing board. Any one going to Texas?

Maybe you didn't read my re-post of John D's travails getting a Klose to the
the Great Northwest? A real pit costs real $$ to ship hither and yon. Even
<gag> a planter costs a ton to ship.
Deal with it or build yer own.
Unless you got a *real big* kiln... or a welder cousin...

-Hound whose grill weighs almost that much...

GAAACK! Usenet server gone at Pitt!!! Kate Connally[_3_] General Cooking 24 10-01-2011 09:40 PM
angelina Jolie & Pitt's new Vietnamese baby photo flyawayteeks[_2_] General Cooking 0 05-03-2007 03:43 AM
Smoker Rye BestBread Sourdough 10 01-08-2006 07:38 PM
Char-Broil Quickset Charcoal Smoker compared to Silver Smoker? Kent Barbecue 1 18-04-2005 02:56 PM
Char-Broil Quickset Charcoal Smoker compared to Silver Smoker? Kent Barbecue 0 18-04-2005 01:24 AM