Thalocean2

Default Fruit woods

Would using any type of fruit wood give you the same flavor that using apple
wood does? I've always got lot's of apple wood but hate to just toss the pear
and peach.

Thanks,
Laura B.
CSS

I use plum, and it is great on pork. Sweet, and similar to apple, but a
little stronger. I have heard others comment on using peach.

This page has a good overview of most smoking woods:
http://www.oscaruk.fsnet.co.uk/main_...and_chips.html

"Thalocean2" > wrote in message
> Would using any type of fruit wood give you the same flavor that using

apple
> wood does? I've always got lot's of apple wood but hate to just toss the

pear
> and peach.
>
> Thanks,
> Laura B.

Jack Schidt®

"Thalocean2" > wrote in message
> Would using any type of fruit wood give you the same flavor that using

apple
> wood does? I've always got lot's of apple wood but hate to just toss the

pear
> and peach.
>
> Thanks,
> Laura B.

They're the same. Don't toss any of them unless it's on a fire that you're
cooking with.

Jack

Patrick McSparin

I LOVE pear. I planted pear and plum trees just for future smoking.

"Thalocean2" > wrote in message
> Would using any type of fruit wood give you the same flavor that using

apple
> wood does? I've always got lot's of apple wood but hate to just toss the

pear
> and peach.
>
> Thanks,
> Laura B.

Ch

Anybody try Paw-Paw?

"Patrick McSparin" > wrote in message
> I LOVE pear. I planted pear and plum trees just for future smoking.
>

> "Thalocean2" > wrote in message
> > Would using any type of fruit wood give you the same flavor that using

> apple
> > wood does? I've always got lot's of apple wood but hate to just toss

the
> pear
> > and peach.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Laura B.

Thalocean2

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I won't toss that pile of pear wood that's
been drying for a year.

Laura B.
Patrick McSparin

I'd never heard of Paw Paw until I read that and looked it up. My first
reaction would be sure - it's got nuts, it oughta smoke. But I wouldn't
gamble good meat on it without talking to someone who'd tried it.

BBQ Woods Brick[_5_] Barbecue 0 24-06-2011 01:45 AM
BBQ Woods Ed Pawlowski[_2_] Barbecue 2 24-06-2011 12:15 AM
Woods Not to use [email protected] Barbecue 10 06-08-2009 08:10 PM
BBQ Woods Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 3 07-08-2004 05:36 PM
Simply: Best woods for bbq nexus Barbecue 7 30-01-2004 12:46 AM