Louis Cohen

Default Boneless Pork Sirloins

I saw these for the first time today at Smart & Final. Several in a
cryovac, each about the size of those small pork tenderloins. At $1.39/lb
it sounded like a nice cut to marinate (and, coincidently, we happened to
have a surplus of garlic and not-so-great zinfandel in the house). Based
on the marbling and the low price. they look like a good cut for BBQ rather
than grilling.

Has anyone else worked with/heard of this cut?

I recently got my BBQ back after the wife's new backyard remodel made enough
progress to put the Kamado in its new spot. While those pork sirloins
marinate, I'm cooking 2 12 lb briskets and 2 slabs of ribs.

I'll probably cook the pork sirloins low and slow tomorrow, and then turn up
the heat and cook a nice beef sirloin roast.

Some of the food will be for the neighbors who loaned us their parking
passes while the new driveway was under construction (part of the remodel -
all new concrete), some of the food will be for my colleagues at the office
who have missed my cooking, and some will be for ME.

Regards

Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Yip Yap

"Louis Cohen" > wrote in message .net>...
> I saw these for the first time today at Smart & Final. Several in a
> cryovac, each about the size of those small pork tenderloins. At $1.39/lb
> it sounded like a nice cut to marinate (and, coincidently, we happened to
> have a surplus of garlic and not-so-great zinfandel in the house). Based
> on the marbling and the low price. they look like a good cut for BBQ rather
> than grilling.
>
> Has anyone else worked with/heard of this cut?

Yes, I have purchased a couple of roasts of this cut from
Trader Joes. They were small -- something like 2 pounds
each. I marinated and grilled them. They were tasty
and the leftovers made great sandwiches. It's a slightly
tougher cut than the pork loin. Overcooking it would lead
to dryness in my experience.

-- Yip

What to do with a whole boneless pork loin? Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 42 03-10-2013 02:14 AM
boneless pork butt [email protected] Barbecue 11 18-01-2008 05:31 PM
Boneless Pork Sirloin John Bray Barbecue 2 01-07-2004 04:57 PM
Pork Sirloins Louis Cohen Barbecue 5 26-10-2003 02:58 PM
Pork Sirloins Louis Cohen General Cooking 7 22-10-2003 02:21 AM