Jack Sloan

Default Tom Mooney

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
om...

> "John O" > wrote in message
> om...
> > You are the hero of the day.
> >
> > -John O
> >

> More than just a day. I sure hope someone has that kind of presence of

mind
> around me if harm heads my way. Like others have said, Tom's got carte
> blanche if he visits here.
>
> Jack

I'm thinkin' about changin' my name to Tom.
Jack

Ol' Hippie

I will speak for myself, but think I express the feelings of hundreds of
fellow afb-ers.
Extreme gratitude and kudos are not enough to convey to you how lucky we are
to have you around and how grateful we are that Dave is getting the care he
needs, thanks to your quick thinking and skill.
You will never pay for a drink while in my presence. You will have many good
things come to you, as Karma is real, you done good.
Bruce-n Gold Beach, OR

Steve Calvin

Ol' Hippie wrote:

> I will speak for myself, but think I express the feelings of hundreds of
> fellow afb-ers.
> Extreme gratitude and kudos are not enough to convey to you how lucky we are
> to have you around and how grateful we are that Dave is getting the care he
> needs, thanks to your quick thinking and skill.
> You will never pay for a drink while in my presence. You will have many good
> things come to you, as Karma is real, you done good.
> Bruce-n Gold Beach, OR

Dunno where you are Tom, but if you ever get to the Mid-Hudson Valley
of NY, lemme know. Bruce's offer stands here too.

--
Steve

John O

You are the hero of the day.

-John O

Jack Schidt®

"John O" > wrote in message
om...
> You are the hero of the day.
>
> -John O

More than just a day. I sure hope someone has that kind of presence of mind
around me if harm heads my way. Like others have said, Tom's got carte
blanche if he visits here.

Jack

Big Jim

If your ever in the neighborhood, stop in and I'll buy lunch

--
Big Jim

www.lazyq.com
om...

"Big Jim" > wrote:
> If your ever in the neighborhood, stop in and I'll buy lunch

Ditto from the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia!

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
BOB

Ol' Hippie typed:
> I will speak for myself, but think I express the feelings of hundreds of
> fellow afb-ers.
> Extreme gratitude and kudos are not enough to convey to you how lucky we

are
> to have you around and how grateful we are that Dave is getting the care he
> needs, thanks to your quick thinking and skill.
> You will never pay for a drink while in my presence. You will have many

good
> things come to you, as Karma is real, you done good.
> Bruce-n Gold Beach, OR

Same from Florida. I'll even cook up some ribs or whatever you want.
Cheers!

BOB

Thomas Mooney

Thanks to everyone that sent kind words and generous offers via the
newsgroup and e-mail. The copious offers of free alcohol have made me
consider taking up drinking again. <g>

I feel a bit guilty for all the undue attention I've received but wanted to
let you know I'm grateful for the recognition. Mostly I was fortunate to be
in the right place at the right time.

I just hope you'll all join me in wishing Dave a speedy return to health,
barbecue, and this newsgroup - in that order. (Does anyone have an address
where we might send our well-wishes?)

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

BOB

In ,
Thomas Mooney > typed:
> Thanks to everyone that sent kind words and generous offers via the
> newsgroup and e-mail. The copious offers of free alcohol have made me
> consider taking up drinking again. <g>
>
> I feel a bit guilty for all the undue attention I've received but wanted to
> let you know I'm grateful for the recognition. Mostly I was fortunate to

be
> in the right place at the right time.
>
> I just hope you'll all join me in wishing Dave a speedy return to health,
> barbecue, and this newsgroup - in that order. (Does anyone have an address
> where we might send our well-wishes?)
>
> --
> TFM3
>
> Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Check your E-Mail

BOB

Dave Bugg

Default For Tom Mooney

Tom, I want to publicly thank you for what you did. Your intervention on my
behalf saved my life and is allowing me a chance to begin a new chapter in
my life. You will always have a special place in my -- and my family's --
heart.

When I open my place, it will be because you were there to help. When I'm
with my children now, and grandchildren in the future, it is because you
were there to help. As my wife and I work to bring our relationship back to
a stronger and much closer relationship than before, it is because you were
there to help. And as I enjoy the gift of Autumn that God has provided, it
is because you were there to help.

You are forever a part of what is allowing me a future, and a chance to be
the kind of man I want to be. All because you were there to help.

God Bless You, Tom.
Dave

JakBQuik

Dave Bugg <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Tom, I want to publicly thank you for what you did. Your intervention on

my
> behalf saved my life and is allowing me a chance to begin a new chapter in
> my life. You will always have a special place in my -- and my family's --
> heart.
>
> When I open my place, it will be because you were there to help. When I'm
> with my children now, and grandchildren in the future, it is because you
> were there to help. As my wife and I work to bring our relationship back

> a stronger and much closer relationship than before, it is because you

were
> there to help. And as I enjoy the gift of Autumn that God has provided, it
> is because you were there to help.
>
> You are forever a part of what is allowing me a future, and a chance to be
> the kind of man I want to be. All because you were there to help.
>
> God Bless You, Tom.
> Dave

Here here! Both you guys are pretty special.

John in Austin

Thomas Mooney

Dave Bugg <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Tom, I want to publicly thank you for what you did.

<snipped a bunch of stuff I'm too embarrassed to read again>
> God Bless You, Tom.
> Dave

Dave,

Shucks, I hardly know what to say. I suppose "you're quite welcome" is
about all I can think of. Frankly I feel lucky. I just happened to be in
the right place at the right time. I'm not the only one on this newsgroup
that took some action on your behalf, just the first. And I was the first
by chance, not by any other quality.

We're just all happy to have you among us in this little community, as
flawed as we sometimes are. You should know that you're not the only one
here to feel an occasional overwhelming sense of depression. And you should
know that there is a support system here, however distant we might be, for
you to lean on.

As Red Green would say "We're all pullin' for ya" not to mention "Keep your
stick on the ice". <g>

A very brief digression: One of my interests/passions in life is movies.
It's a character trait of mine that almost every circumstance reminds me of
something from a movie. I transform this trait into a fault by recommending
movies to people based on how I perceive circumstances and what movie might
reflect on that. So, if I were to recommend a movie for you to watch based
on this moment, it would be "Pay It Forward".

I'll quit babbling now before I say something really stupid and ruin it.

Take care,

--
TFM3 (not The Fat Man, but perhaps approaching his former weight)

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Ol' Hippie

Tom may be modest but I for one am so dang glad he did what he did, I only
sent one card but believe me when your place is open I will be there with
bells on,,,,, mm ok forget the bells. Can I bring you a few jars of my
sauce?
Free of charge of course Tom you too.
Bruce-n-Gold Beach

Nancy Young

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Tom, I want to publicly thank you for what you did. Your intervention on my
> behalf saved my life and is allowing me a chance to begin a new chapter in
> my life. You will always have a special place in my -- and my family's --
> heart.

Wow, I came around just to check you all out again and I caught this.
Congratulations, Dave, and I don't think I've seen over on rfc lately.
Welcome back. And, Tom really is a hero.

nancy

Jack Schidt®

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Dave Bugg wrote:
> >
> > Tom, I want to publicly thank you for what you did. Your intervention on

my
> > behalf saved my life and is allowing me a chance to begin a new chapter

in
> > my life. You will always have a special place in my -- and my

family's --
> > heart.

> Wow, I came around just to check you all out again and I caught this.
> Congratulations, Dave, and I don't think I've seen over on rfc lately.
> Welcome back. And, Tom really is a hero.
>
> nancy

Not often in life do we get a happy ending.

Jack