rwalw

Default Painting a grill

I have a Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pro that needs some fixing up. The question I
have is can I paint the inside as well as the outside? I do have high heat
paint that's for grills. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

frohe

rwalw wrote:
> I have a Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pro that needs some fixing up. The
> question I have is can I paint the inside as well as the outside? I
> do have high heat paint that's for grills. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Yeah, you can paint the inside but why? Clean it out from time to time
using a good degreaser but then spray it down with Pam again afterward.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Pierre

"rwalw" > wrote in message >.. .
> I have a Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pro that needs some fixing up. The question I
> have is can I paint the inside as well as the outside? I do have high heat
> paint that's for grills. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DON'T PAINT THE INSIDE!
If you really want to then, why not paint the inside of your pots,
pans and all your cooking utensils while you're at it.
<g>
Pierre
butch burton

"frohe" > wrote in message >...
> rwalw wrote:
> > I have a Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pro that needs some fixing up. The
> > question I have is can I paint the inside as well as the outside? I
> > do have high heat paint that's for grills. Any suggestions would be
> > appreciated.

> Yeah, you can paint the inside but why? Clean it out from time to time
> using a good degreaser but then spray it down with Pam again afterward.

The inside of my SnP is completely covered with a very shiny black
coating-a large commercial Brinkmann I looked at had the same
coating-really shiny black.

Rustoleum black enamel works well on the outside-on the firebox side
it will last a while. Added a 16 or 18 gauge insert inside my SnP
firebox-it was shaped by roller in a metal fab shop-just fits. It is
the firebox I understand that has problems first. Also I cover mine
with a tarp to keep the rain/snow off. Am about to insulate mine with
HVAC duct insulation bought at Menards for winter smoking. Using 2"
wide 1/8" thick steel strapping to hold down ends of insulation by
drilling 1/4" holes for bolts thru strapping and smoke/fire chambers.