Archbishop of Cedar Creek

Default I Wish You All The Best

"Jack Sloan" > wrote in message

> "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:29:40 -0400, "Brick" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"John O" > wrote in message
> > .com...

> > >That's what I was thinking. Some nice soft, stinky burning white pine
> > >ought to do the trick.
> > >
> > >Brick (Who knows about acrid tasting creosote coated meat)
> > >

> > It should be an easy cook - this jerk has no dangerous organs like a
> > brain or a heart. The liver is probably shot too. But then there is
> > the ass hole & the mouth which seem to be interchangeable.
> >
> > Harry

> Unfortunately I think the hunt for this guy could prolly start in Austin

or
> Houston.(We get our share of idiots too)
> Jack

Man. Why do you wanna start nasty rumors about the decent folks in Austin?
Most of 'em are good people who like to drink cheap beer and eat barbecue on
the weekends.
Now, if you were to say LA... That'd be a whole 'nother story.

J.

Rob

"Dave Bugg" <dbuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message >...
> Hi, all. I just subscribed for a bit to close out some thoughts. First, My
> hearty congrats, Jim, on getting your joint up and running; you'll do well
> and I expect it won't be long before you wished you'd not opened Pandora's
> Box (Big Grin, my friend).
>
> To the rest, thanks for the camaraderie over the last four years. I had an
> email from Monroe the other day, and brought him up to speed about my
> doings, to that point, which I thought was going superbly well. Hell, who
> can ever see what tomorrow brings.
>
> Things have changed dramatically since I emailed Monroe back. Although I had
> left my job at Chelan-Douglas Health District voluntarily, it was only after
> enduring weeks of witch hunts and power mongering by a temporary power shift
> after our administrator was fired. I became so stressed and anxiety driven,
> that I actually had to be taken to the emergency room.
>
> Then my wife, Jill, underwent surgery. She is recovering and should be fine.
> She has spent the last 10 days in Minnesota visiting family and will be back
> today.
>
> My 16 year old. Caleb, decided the day that his mom left, that he didn't
> like my parenting, told me "I hate the ground you walk on you fat *******"
> and promised to "get rid of me" as he walked out the door. Now his mom is
> beside herself -- which is why she is flying home today instead of Sunday.
> She just felt that she couldn't stay in Minnesota any longer, and needed to
> get Caleb back home.
>
> On the phone, last night, she told me that Caleb won't come home (he had
> been calling Jill) until I'm gone. So, I need to leave by tonight. She
> mentioned something about "needing time apart and then who knows what might
> happen". This was a punch that has totally devastated me.
>
> There have been too many things that I have had to absorb, and I just am too
> tired and despairing to even try. I thought that, whatever else might
> happen, at least I had my family. Now I don't even have that.
>
> I can't think real well, 'cause everything is jumbled; I feel like my soul
> has been shredded. Every day, I get up struggling with physical pain and
> dealing with it the best I can.... but this pain is even more severe. I just
> can't see any end, so I am going to end it. I just cannot cope any longer.
>
> I've cleaned the house for Jill. I am unsubscribing from my newserver in
> total at this time. It's time to go.
>
> Dave

Jeez,

I leave for the weekend and WOW! I'm glad to see afb came to the
assistance of one of their own in need. This was a distress call like
none I've seen before.
My thoughts and prayers are with Dave. He'll pull through and we'll be
here when he does! Great work guys.

Rob
Q fer all so long as it's parboiled ribs.
BigDog

Cuchulain Libby wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> "BigDog" > wrote
>> I live in San Antonio. Right now all I have is an old Old Smokey
>> and a regular gas grill and a hand make barrel grill. Just getting
>> into this and have not purchased a good cooker yet. Want to learn
>> about them first before I make a purchase.

> Shit boy, come over next wekend fer some vittles and football and
> beer. I'll take ya under my wing and teach ya all ya need to know. I
> might even sell ya my 'little' pit.
>
> 637-1376
>
> -Hound

That sounds like a great offer. However, I have some pre-existing plans
for the next couple of weekends but after that we could work something
out. Will give ya a call in the next couple of days and we can talk about
it. What part of SA do you live in? I am in the Marbach & 410 area.
Looking forward to having a chat with you.
BigDog

--
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
BigDog

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> "BigDog" > wrote > > What a waste of
> good mesquite.
>>
>> Your right, what was I thinking. Should use some
>> pressure treated 4X4's
>>

> ROFLMAO. Aw shit...that's rich! Gonna smoke the guy with good 4x4's
> when ya could be buildin' a deck or somethin'!:>) You really oughtta
> go over to Hounds and let him show ya the ropes.<bfg>

Well, it was just some left over scraps with lotsa nails in em, covered in
some dried out gorilla glue with some really bad joints cut on the ends.

BigDog

"Archbishop of Cedar Creek" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Now, if you were to say LA... That'd be a whole 'nother story.

Now just hold on one dang minute here! Despite our anti-gun, anti-business,
pro-illegal immigrant, pro-weirdo Left Coast leanings, there ARE some good
people and devoted Q'ers out here in the People's Democratic Republic of
KKKalifornia (present company excluded . . . perhaps). So there!

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended

Red Hook

On 10/13/03 11:54 AM, in article ,
" > wrote:

> "Archbishop of Cedar Creek" > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> Now, if you were to say LA... That'd be a whole 'nother story.
>>

> Now just hold on one dang minute here! Despite our anti-gun, anti-business,
> pro-illegal immigrant, pro-weirdo Left Coast leanings, there ARE some good
> people and devoted Q'ers out here in the People's Democratic Republic of
> KKKalifornia (present company excluded . . . perhaps). So there!

Thanks for standing up for us, Nick. We're not ALL nuts out here. And
several of us still like red meat. I haven't tried to Q tofu and I'm not
about to start...

RH

Jack Sloan

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> "BigDog" > wrote > > What a waste of good
> mesquite.
> >
> > Your right, what was I thinking. Should use some
> > pressure treated 4X4's
> >

> ROFLMAO. Aw shit...that's rich! Gonna smoke the guy with good 4x4's when

ya
> could be buildin' a deck or somethin'!:>) You really oughtta go over to
> Hounds and let him show ya the ropes.<bfg>
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

Yep...he's got a big cooker.....do the whole guy at once instead of separate
burns.
Jack

Jack Sloan

"Archbishop of Cedar Creek" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Jack Sloan" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message

> > > .com...

> > > It should be an easy cook - this jerk has no dangerous organs like a
> > > brain or a heart. The liver is probably shot too. But then there is
> > > the ass hole & the mouth which seem to be interchangeable.
> > >
> > > Harry

> > Unfortunately I think the hunt for this guy could prolly start in Austin

> or
> > Houston.(We get our share of idiots too)
> > Jack

> Man. Why do you wanna start nasty rumors about the decent folks in

Austin?
> Most of 'em are good people who like to drink cheap beer and eat barbecue

on
> the weekends.
> Now, if you were to say LA... That'd be a whole 'nother story.
>
> J.

I just looked at the guy's headers.austinrr
Jack

Red Hook > wrote:
> [self-effacing BS ditched]
>
> Thanks for standing up for us, Nick. We're not ALL nuts out here. And
> several of us still like red meat. I haven't tried to Q tofu and I'm not
> about to start...

Hey, Red, Yer right! Ya can't Q tofu! Pan fry thin slices of the extra firm
in a little Mongolian Hot Oil, garlic and a touch of Oyster Sauce over a
smokey fire. I don't remember what the Iron Chef did on Battle Tofu, but I
like to serve it with grilled shrimp, smoked stuffed mushrooms, etc.

OTOH I'm thinking of trying my first brisket this weekend. Gonna look
through the recipe ideas I've gathered here and elsewhere and decide what
sounds best at the time. Gotta check El Cubano and the Argentine Meat
Market first: I think it's called 'quéjese pecho'(?) or sumpin like that.
Otherwise, Costco.

Viva el carne muerto!

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
Archbishop of Cedar Creek

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:27:03 GMT, "Archbishop of Cedar Creek"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Jack Sloan" > wrote in message

> >> Unfortunately I think the hunt for this guy could prolly start in

Austin
> >or
> >> Houston.(We get our share of idiots too)
> >> Jack

> >Man. Why do you wanna start nasty rumors about the decent folks in

Austin?

> Bigjolly is posting from Houston.
>
> >Most of 'em are good people who like to drink cheap beer and eat barbecue

on
> >the weekends.

> Cheap beer? Well, maybe - but we don't exactly brag about it, yaknow.
>
> >Now, if you were to say LA... That'd be a whole 'nother story.

> LA is even weirder than San Francisco, contrary to S.F.'s reputation.

Weirder? Nah, just bizarre in a different way.

> -sw

J.

Archbishop of Cedar Creek

"Jack Sloan" > wrote in message

> "Archbishop of Cedar Creek" > wrote in message
> ink.net...

pine

> > > Unfortunately I think the hunt for this guy could prolly start in

Austin
> > or
> > > Houston.(We get our share of idiots too)
> > > Jack

> > Man. Why do you wanna start nasty rumors about the decent folks in

> Austin?
> > Most of 'em are good people who like to drink cheap beer and eat

barbecue
> on
> > the weekends.
> > Now, if you were to say LA... That'd be a whole 'nother story.
> >
> > J.
> >

> I just looked at the guy's headers.austinrr
> Jack

Mea culpa. I didn't look that closely at the sorry SOB's headers. I still
stand by my defense of Austin, though. BJ's liable to be some
twenty-year-old nihilist who doesn't know how lucky we all are to be alive.

J.

BOB

Steve Wertz typed:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:39:22 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>
>> You can get good packer cut brisket at Sam's in a cryovac package. It's

the
>> only decent meat that they sell since it' the only meat that hasn't got

the
>> sodium-whatever-it-is injected.

> Other than some obviously seasoned double racks of babybacks, I've
> never seen injected/marinated raw pork at Sams (or BJ's).
>
> -sw

DUH!!!!!
I meant Wally-World for the brisket! Also for the injected everything-else.
Sam's does have the best (around here) pork.

BJ's near me hasn't done much in the meat dept. yet. I'll re-join when there
meat department improves.

Thanks for pointing out my lack of attention.

BOB
still half asleep from the fun weekend

BOB

Harry Demidavicius typed:
> Harry
>
> D. Bugg - if/when you read this, remember you invited me to your
> opening and I don't want to be disappointed, eh.

Come to think of it, Dave owes me a couple of pictures posted in a.b.f.

Dave, I can wait, but I'd like to see the pictures. Maybe Harry can model
one of the shirts?

BOB

Brick

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Harry Demidavicius typed:
> > Harry
> >
> > D. Bugg - if/when you read this, remember you invited me to your
> > opening and I don't want to be disappointed, eh.

> Come to think of it, Dave owes me a couple of pictures posted in

a.b.f.

> Dave, I can wait, but I'd like to see the pictures. Maybe Harry can

model
> one of the shirts?
>
> BOB

BOB, I have most of those ABF pictures archived. If you can give me
some
idea what you're looking for I'll repost them.

Brick

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:06:13 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius typed:
>> Harry
>>
>> D. Bugg - if/when you read this, remember you invited me to your
>> opening and I don't want to be disappointed, eh.

>Come to think of it, Dave owes me a couple of pictures posted in a.b.f.
>
>Dave, I can wait, but I'd like to see the pictures. Maybe Harry can model
>one of the shirts?
>
>BOB

Oy?

Harry