FoodBanter.com

-   -   Making Chipotles (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19031-making-chipotles.html)

Kevin S. Wilson 08-10-2003 10:48 PM

Making Chipotles

The boss brought me a couple pounds of jalapenos, nice big ones. Any
advice on how to make them into chipotles on my Kamado?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

bbq 08-10-2003 11:04 PM

Making Chipotles

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> The boss brought me a couple pounds of jalapenos, nice big ones. Any
> advice on how to make them into chipotles on my Kamado?

Kevin,

Check this site out.

http://www.randyq.addr.com/chiles/chipotles.html

It doesn't mention Kamado specifically, but certainly you will be able
to adapt it to your equipment.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

Monroe, of course... 08-10-2003 11:47 PM

Making Chipotles

In article >, Kevin S.
Wilson > wrote:

> The boss brought me a couple pounds of jalapenos, nice big ones. Any
> advice on how to make them into chipotles on my Kamado?

Thread the whole peps together with butchers twine or monofilament or
whatever. Hang them from the spider. I custom bent some some of those
poultry closing pins for this.
Use mesquite smoke -heavily-this is a good use for that bag of mesquite
you never use.
Keep it between 150F and 200F - the lower the better.
Smoke 'em as long as you can stand it, til they get dry or you get sick
and tired. This is a good use for all those fines.
I like slicing the final product nacho ring style and mixing this with
minced/crushed garlic. Keeps fridged for months.
Dice and add to cheese dip!

monroe(muy bien)

JL 09-10-2003 12:19 AM

Making Chipotles

http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/default.asp

Jack-Curry 09-10-2003 12:46 AM

Making Chipotles

"JL" > wrote in message

> "Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote:
> > The boss brought me a couple pounds of jalapenos, nice big ones. Any
> > advice on how to make them into chipotles on my Kamado?

> http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/default.asp

I have to laugh a bit at this since I routinely send noobs to the faq, as
does Kevin. There's a good write-up for the regulars there on the subject
<g>.
Jack Curry

Lew/+Silat 09-10-2003 03:06 AM

Making Chipotles

> Check this site out.
>
> http://www.randyq.addr.com/chiles/chipotles.html
>
> It doesn't mention Kamado specifically, but certainly you will be able
> to adapt it to your equipment.
>
> Happy Q'en,
> BBQ

I found the same site with "google". I guess google really can be your
friend.:)

Lew/+Silat

JOE MCC 11-10-2003 09:12 PM

Making Chipotles

> I found the same site with "google". I guess google really can be your
> friend.:)
>

> Lew/+Silat

It's getting to where these search engins will return 10 sites on
registering the word your searching for as a domain, 20 sites on vacationing
there, 15 sites on how to get reservations there, and 1 site 20 pages deep
on what your looking for. It's not so bad on some things but it's getting
to the point where you nearly nead the exact web page addy to get what you
want.....favorites button :)

JoeMcc