SmokedPork

Default My ol' lady's gonna kick my a$$

You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth about how
great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the sombitch. Add
shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she finds out how much it
costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t
pile of wood, I'm gonna start hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank 'em.

Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I use to
load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to slow it down?

Side question - anybody using the Kamado extruded lump, coconut or regular?
Opinions?

Anybody in the southeast interested in a used Bandera?

Thanks, and remove the friggin' spam to reply.

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "SmokedPork"
> wrote:

> You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth about how
> great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the sombitch. Add
> shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she finds out how much it
> costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t
> pile of wood, I'm gonna start hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank 'em.
>
> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I use to
> load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to slow it down?
>
> Side question - anybody using the Kamado extruded lump, coconut or regular?
> Opinions?
>
> Anybody in the southeast interested in a used Bandera?
>
> Thanks, and remove the friggin' spam to reply.

You'll be fine. The rationale of " any gas grill worth the money will
be at least a grand" worked for me. (start high and bid down).
Your smoked turkey will give all mouths present something better to do
than talking, that's for sure.
Unloading, ideas, recipes, and support group therapy for the upcoming
wait are all available at www.kamado.com.
Bandera? It's a good start on a still (some cutting and welding needed)

monroe(3-4 bodies oughta do it)
BOB

SmokedPork > typed:
> You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth about how
> great they are!

I'm waiting on my *third* Kamado to be delivered on the 10th. You can never
have too many Kamados. ;-)

> I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the sombitch. Add
> shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she finds out how much it
> costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t
> pile of wood, I'm gonna start hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank

'em.

You want turkey? Here's turkey:
http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/4/2289.html
You aren't going to be in any trouble, except that you'll always get the
"job" of cooking.

> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I use to
> load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to slow it down?

Search the other areas of the forum, there are plenty of unloading tips
there.

> Side question - anybody using the Kamado extruded lump, coconut or regular?
> Opinions?

They're having problems with importing any large quantities. I've got 125
pounds of it on order. It was supposed to be shipped with my #3, but the
lump got held up overseas, or something like that. I'm still waiting.
Everything I've heard about it has been positive.

> Anybody in the southeast interested in a used Bandera?

What's that? A big black steel box?

BOB

The Fat Man®

SmokedPork wrote:

> Anybody in the southeast interested in a used Bandera?
>
> Thanks, and remove the friggin' spam to reply.

Yeah, I'm interested in a used Bandera. Where in the southeast are you?

I'm in Tampa, Fl. but I make sometimes sudden trips to Tn.

TFM®

notbob

On 2003-10-04, SmokedPork > wrote:

> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup?

Schedule a bbq and buy plenty of beer. When the guests arrive, tell
'em they don't get either till the crockery gets unloaded ...safely.

nb

Miranda Writes, Devil's Advocate

, "Monroe, of course..." > wrote:

, "SmokedPork"
> wrote:
>
>> You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth about how
>> great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the sombitch. Add
>> shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she finds out how much it
>> costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t
>> pile of wood, I'm gonna start hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank 'em.
>>
>> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I use to
>> load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to slow it down?
>>
>> Side question - anybody using the Kamado extruded lump, coconut or regular?
>> Opinions?
>>
>> Anybody in the southeast interested in a used Bandera?
>>
>> Thanks, and remove the friggin' spam to reply.

>You'll be fine. The rationale of " any gas grill worth the money will
>be at least a grand" worked for me. (start high and bid down).

OMG!!! You LIAR!!!!!!
Your nose just grew a foot, Pinnochio-boy.

_I_ was the one who told YOU about K's- showed you the mention in "
Where's There's Smoke, There's Flavor"- _I_ was who wrote off to Pits and
Spits for info way back when- and _I_ was the one, when you were trying
to decide between the Grill Dome, the BGE, the K and the other pottery
thing- can't remember the name- who told you to BUY THE DAMNED K AND GET
IT THE HELL OVER WITH!!!!!!

Smoked Pork- buy the K already, mmm'kay? Your SO, regardless of age,
gender or sexual orientation, won't complain once it's here -especially
once you take over the cooking duties ( and you will, my pretty- you
will!)

Miranda
The Barbecue Widow

>Your smoked turkey will give all mouths present something better to do
>than talking, that's for sure.
>Unloading, ideas, recipes, and support group therapy for the upcoming
>wait are all available at www.kamado.com.
>Bandera? It's a good start on a still (some cutting and welding needed)
>
>monroe(3-4 bodies oughta do it)

BOB

Miranda Writes, Devil's Advocate
<MirandaWrites@FairandBalancedRaspberrymarshmallow fullmoonsbymoonpie.com>
typed:
> , "Monroe, of course..." > wrote:
>
> , "SmokedPork"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> You'll be fine. The rationale of " any gas grill worth the money will
>> be at least a grand" worked for me. (start high and bid down).

> OMG!!! You LIAR!!!!!!
> Your nose just grew a foot, Pinnochio-boy.
>
> _I_ was the one who told YOU about K's- showed you the mention in "
> Where's There's Smoke, There's Flavor"- _I_ was who wrote off to Pits and
> Spits for info way back when- and _I_ was the one, when you were trying
> to decide between the Grill Dome, the BGE, the K and the other pottery
> thing- can't remember the name- who told you to BUY THE DAMNED K AND GET
> IT THE HELL OVER WITH!!!!!!
>

> Smoked Pork- buy the K already, mmm'kay? Your SO, regardless of age,
> gender or sexual orientation, won't complain once it's here -especially
> once you take over the cooking duties ( and you will, my pretty- you
> will!)
>
> Miranda
> The Barbecue Widow

Damn!!

If I can't believe Monroe, who *can* I believe?

BOB

Jack Curry

Miranda Writes, Devil's Advocate wrote:
> , "Monroe, of course..." > wrote:
>
> , "SmokedPork"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth
>>> about how great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the
>>> sombitch. Add shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she
>>> finds out how much it costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for
>>> Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t pile of wood, I'm gonna start
>>> hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank 'em.
>>>
>>> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I
>>> use to load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to
>>> slow it down?
>>>
>>> Side question - anybody using the Kamado extruded lump, coconut or
>>> regular? Opinions?
>>>
>>> Anybody in the southeast interested in a used Bandera?
>>>
>>> Thanks, and remove the friggin' spam to reply.

>> You'll be fine. The rationale of " any gas grill worth the money will
>> be at least a grand" worked for me. (start high and bid down).

> OMG!!! You LIAR!!!!!!
> Your nose just grew a foot, Pinnochio-boy.
>
> _I_ was the one who told YOU about K's- showed you the mention in "
> Where's There's Smoke, There's Flavor"- _I_ was who wrote off to Pits
> and Spits for info way back when- and _I_ was the one, when you were
> trying to decide between the Grill Dome, the BGE, the K and the other
> pottery thing- can't remember the name- who told you to BUY THE
> DAMNED K AND GET IT THE HELL OVER WITH!!!!!!
>

> Smoked Pork- buy the K already, mmm'kay? Your SO, regardless of age,
> gender or sexual orientation, won't complain once it's here
> -especially once you take over the cooking duties ( and you will, my
> pretty- you will!)
>
> Miranda
> The Barbecue Widow
>
>> Your smoked turkey will give all mouths present something better to
>> do than talking, that's for sure.
>> Unloading, ideas, recipes, and support group therapy for the upcoming
>> wait are all available at www.kamado.com.
>> Bandera? It's a good start on a still (some cutting and welding
>> needed)
>>
>> monroe(3-4 bodies oughta do it)

Nuthin' funnier than a public asswhuppin' when it ain't my ass.
<VBG>
Jack Curry
-hunker down Monroe, and cower like a dog, it'll be over sooner if you do-

Jack Schidt®

"SmokedPork" > wrote in message
> You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth about

how
> great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the sombitch. Add
> shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she finds out how much it
> costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t
> pile of wood, I'm gonna start hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank

'em.

Think turkey for xmas, it takes a while to get it to you.

> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I use to
> load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to slow it down?

It comes crated up pretty well; an appliance dolly and 2 strong backs with a
3rd for backup would work. And, of course, the necessary amount of moving
beverages. OTOH, it cost me under $100 to get it delivered off of a lift
gate truck.

Jack

Jack Curry

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "SmokedPork" > wrote in message
>> You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth
>> about how great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the
>> sombitch. Add shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she
>> finds out how much it costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for
>> Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t pile of wood, I'm gonna start
>> hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank 'em.

> Think turkey for xmas, it takes a while to get it to you.
>

>> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I
>> use to load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to
>> slow it down?

> It comes crated up pretty well; an appliance dolly and 2 strong backs
> with a 3rd for backup would work. And, of course, the necessary
> amount of moving beverages. OTOH, it cost me under $100 to get it
> delivered off of a lift gate truck.
>
> Jack

Not to disagree with my pal Schidt, but I wouldn't attempt to unload a
packed #7 off a truck with any fewer than 4 big boys. IIRC, the shipping
weight is over 400 lbs. I used a fork lift, the easy way to do it. Drop it
and you'll cry like a baby.
Jack Curry

Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:15:15 -0500, "SmokedPork"
> wrote:

>You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth about how
>great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the sombitch. Add
>shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she finds out how much it
>costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t
>pile of wood, I'm gonna start hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank 'em.

You aren't going to need more than two or three fist-sized chunks of
wood. See my web site for tips on doing a Thanksgiving turkey:

http://www.webpak.net/~rescyou/turkey/turkey.htm

>Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I use to
>load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to slow it down?

Your K will come crated in an industrial-strength crate of 2X4s and
plywood. I suppose you could uncrate it and then wheel it down the
ramp, but it might be easier to move it crate and all with a HEAVY
DUTY dolly. Either way, you'll want at least three bodies. A #7 is
heavy.

I suggest looking into the additional charge for having it delivered
to your door. It only cost me $45 extra to have my #7 delivered. Be
sure that Conway understands that you need a truck with a lift gate
and a pallet dolly.

>Thanks, and remove the friggin' spam to reply.

Why? Are you expecting replies by e-mail?

PS: Be sure to have some pork butts on hand for the break-in period.
No sense in wasting all that heat, when you can cook on it straight
out of the box.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Harry Demidavicius

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 15:23:28 GMT,

(Miranda Writes, Devil's Advocate) wrote:

>, "Monroe, of course..." > wrote:
>
>, "SmokedPork"
> wrote:
>>
>>> You Kamado loving potteryheads better have been telling the truth about how
>>> great they are! I bid on a gas #7 on ebay and won the sombitch. Add
>>> shipping and extras - she's gonna sh-t when/if she finds out how much it
>>> costs. If I can't smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving without burning a sh-t
>>> pile of wood, I'm gonna start hunting people down; if I can, I'll thank 'em.
>>>
>>> Any tips for best ways to unload from a pickup? I've got a ramp I use to
>>> load my 4wheeler; how many bodies do I need at the bottom to slow it down?
>>>
>>> Side question - anybody using the Kamado extruded lump, coconut or regular?
>>> Opinions?
>>>
>>> Anybody in the southeast interested in a used Bandera?
>>>
>>> Thanks, and remove the friggin' spam to reply.

>>You'll be fine. The rationale of " any gas grill worth the money will
>>be at least a grand" worked for me. (start high and bid down).

>OMG!!! You LIAR!!!!!!
>Your nose just grew a foot, Pinnochio-boy.
>
>_I_ was the one who told YOU about K's- showed you the mention in "
>Where's There's Smoke, There's Flavor"- _I_ was who wrote off to Pits and
>Spits for info way back when- and _I_ was the one, when you were trying
>to decide between the Grill Dome, the BGE, the K and the other pottery
>thing- can't remember the name- who told you to BUY THE DAMNED K AND GET
>IT THE HELL OVER WITH!!!!!!
>

>Smoked Pork- buy the K already, mmm'kay? Your SO, regardless of age,
>gender or sexual orientation, won't complain once it's here -especially
>once you take over the cooking duties ( and you will, my pretty- you
>will!)
>
>Miranda
>The Barbecue Widow

Miranda, Miranda, Miranda! You lie like a Turkish Rug ;0)
You needed the K because it was large enough to prepare Monroe,
remember? Until he caught on & down-sized the order to #5 for safety
reasons.

Does he still lug it all over the place, [just to keep it out of your
hands, of course ;0) ]?

Harry

>>Your smoked turkey will give all mouths present something better to do
>>than talking, that's for sure.
>>Unloading, ideas, recipes, and support group therapy for the upcoming
>>wait are all available at
www.kamado.com.
>>Bandera? It's a good start on a still (some cutting and welding needed)
>>
>>monroe(3-4 bodies oughta do it)

Jon Endres, PE

"Jack Curry" > wrote in message
m...
> Jack Schidt® wrote:

> > It comes crated up pretty well; an appliance dolly and 2 strong backs
> > with a 3rd for backup would work. And, of course, the necessary
> > amount of moving beverages. OTOH, it cost me under $100 to get it
> > delivered off of a lift gate truck.
> >
> > Jack

> Not to disagree with my pal Schidt, but I wouldn't attempt to unload a
> packed #7 off a truck with any fewer than 4 big boys. IIRC, the shipping
> weight is over 400 lbs. I used a fork lift, the easy way to do it. Drop

it
> and you'll cry like a baby.
> Jack Curry

FWIW, I unloaded my #7 K from the back of my pickup (4WD, so it's up there)
with the modest assistance of my father and father-in-law. All they did was
steady it on the way down the ramps. Used a regular hand truck and two
aluminum motorcycle ramps.

When I built a new deck, I used the same ramps and hand truck and got the
beastie on the deck (3' higher than where it was) by myself. Uncrated, it's
a bit lighter, but not much. One key was strapping it *tightly* to the hand
truck with two ratchet straps. I ain't a little guy, but that was about the
limit of my strength.

Jon E

On a soup kick Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 3 13-02-2011 03:24 AM
Kick'n steak koko General Cooking 39 17-10-2007 05:28 PM
Hey jam lady (sometimes incorrectly called pickle lady) Chuck (in SC)[_2_] General Cooking 1 26-06-2007 04:55 PM
Ribs with a Kick Beth Layman Recipes (moderated) 0 26-05-2005 04:53 AM