FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cast Iron Doors (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/19000-cast-iron-doors.html)

psiviking 03-10-2003 05:01 AM

Cast Iron Doors

Before the winter sets in, I'm going to build a brick barbeque pit (Craft
Patterns no. 842), in my backyard. I've been looking for clean-out and
adjustable draft cast iron doors. So far, I've found large furnace doors for
sale on Ebay and a few web sites that sell expensive antique cast iron
doors. Has anyone out there been through this before? Would anyone know who
manufactures these items? Any help would be appreciated....

Joseph Randick

---

A. Kesteloo 03-10-2003 07:40 AM

Cast Iron Doors

This company makes cast iron doors. They are for a barrel stoves / bbq but
should work on a brick pit as well.
http://www.vogelzang.com/Manuals/bk150eMnl.htm

Kyle Tucker 03-10-2003 01:36 PM

Cast Iron Doors

In article >,
"A. Kesteloo" > writes:
> This company makes cast iron doors. They are for a barrel stoves / bbq but
> should work on a brick pit as well.
> http://www.vogelzang.com/Manuals/bk150eMnl.htm

I suspect you could also hit up wood-burning stove manufacturers
or dealers and just order doors. I'll be looking for these soon
as well. I've also thought about those cast chimney clean-out
door assemblies. I imagine you can get these in large sizes.

--
- Kyle

Michael 03-10-2003 10:23 PM

Cast Iron Doors

"psiviking" > wrote in message
> Before the winter sets in, I'm going to build a brick barbeque pit (Craft
> Patterns no. 842), in my backyard. I've been looking for clean-out and
> adjustable draft cast iron doors. So far, I've found large furnace doors

for
> sale on Ebay and a few web sites that sell expensive antique cast iron
> doors. Has anyone out there been through this before? Would anyone know

who
> manufactures these items? Any help would be appreciated....

These are ones I use. You'll have to call them to find out who in your area
is their distributor.

http://www.vestalmfg.com/building.htm