FoodBanter.com

-   -   Opinions on Bradley Smoker (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/18987-opinions-bradley-smoker.html)

Jason 01-10-2003 09:50 PM

Opinions on Bradley Smoker

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is considering getting a Bradley Smoker. Does anyone
on here use one? You can visit their website by adding a dot com to
the end of the joined words. It runs about $400 or so, not counting
their "bisquette" fuel blocks.

Personally, I can't see not spending an extra $150 or so and getting a
Kamado #5 since that's a much more versatile item and doesn't use
proprietary fuel, but I don't want to influence the judges.

Anyone?

Edwin Pawlowski 02-10-2003 12:05 AM

Opinions on Bradley Smoker

"Jason"

> Personally, I can't see not spending an extra $150 or so and getting a
> Kamado #5 since that's a much more versatile item and doesn't use
> proprietary fuel, but I don't want to influence the judges.
>
> Anyone?

On their web page it looks like a good unit. I do have a problem with the
fuel though. I would not want to be stuck with having to buy from them.
I'd look for a better buy.
Ed

Reg 02-10-2003 01:01 AM

Opinions on Bradley Smoker

Jason wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A friend of mine is considering getting a Bradley Smoker. Does anyone
> on here use one? You can visit their website by adding a dot com to
> the end of the joined words. It runs about $400 or so, not counting
> their "bisquette" fuel blocks.

Their proprietary "bisquit" fuel runs about 50 cents per hour to run.
Using your smoker 20 hours per week means it costs $10 per week, or
$520 per year to run. Forever. No thanks.

> Personally, I can't see not spending an extra $150 or so and getting a
> Kamado #5 since that's a much more versatile item and doesn't use
> proprietary fuel, but I don't want to influence the judges.

Get the K.