FoodBanter.com

-   -   Opinions on Bradley Smoker (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/18987-opinions-bradley-smoker.html)

Jason 01-10-2003 09:50 PM

Opinions on Bradley Smoker

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is considering getting a Bradley Smoker. Does anyone
on here use one? You can visit their website by adding a dot com to
the end of the joined words. It runs about $400 or so, not counting
their "bisquette" fuel blocks.

Personally, I can't see not spending an extra $150 or so and getting a
Kamado #5 since that's a much more versatile item and doesn't use
proprietary fuel, but I don't want to influence the judges.

Anyone?

Edwin Pawlowski 02-10-2003 12:05 AM

Opinions on Bradley Smoker

"Jason"

Personally, I can't see not spending an extra $150 or so and getting a
Kamado #5 since that's a much more versatile item and doesn't use
proprietary fuel, but I don't want to influence the judges.

Anyone?

On their web page it looks like a good unit. I do have a problem with the
fuel though. I would not want to be stuck with having to buy from them.
I'd look for a better buy.
Ed

Reg 02-10-2003 01:01 AM

Opinions on Bradley Smoker

Jason wrote:

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is considering getting a Bradley Smoker. Does anyone
on here use one? You can visit their website by adding a dot com to
the end of the joined words. It runs about $400 or so, not counting
their "bisquette" fuel blocks.

Their proprietary "bisquit" fuel runs about 50 cents per hour to run.
Using your smoker 20 hours per week means it costs $10 per week, or
$520 per year to run. Forever. No thanks.

Personally, I can't see not spending an extra $150 or so and getting a
Kamado #5 since that's a much more versatile item and doesn't use
proprietary fuel, but I don't want to influence the judges.

Get the K.