marcq

Default Q in Lubbock TX

Hi Everyone,

Been a fan of the group for years. Having been out of work for a year
now have
an awesome job with great pay and the awesome benifit of being able to
travel all over these 50 states. My first assignment will bring me to
Lubbock TX next week. Please post any Q'Joints for fine vittles.
Will post my reviews and opinions as they develop. Thanks in advance
for all the help.

Marc
Jack Sloan

"marcq" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Been a fan of the group for years. Having been out of work for a year
> now have
> an awesome job with great pay and the awesome benifit of being able to
> travel all over these 50 states. My first assignment will bring me to
> Lubbock TX next week. Please post any Q'Joints for fine vittles.
> Will post my reviews and opinions as they develop. Thanks in advance
> for all the help.
>
> Marc

If La Melinchi's is syill there (mexican joint) Don't miss it.
Jack (Red Raider 68)

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> wrote:

> "marcq" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Been a fan of the group for years. Having been out of work for a year
> > now have
> > an awesome job with great pay and the awesome benifit of being able to
> > travel all over these 50 states. My first assignment will bring me to
> > Lubbock TX next week. Please post any Q'Joints for fine vittles.
> > Will post my reviews and opinions as they develop. Thanks in advance
> > for all the help.
> >
> > Marc

> If La Melinchi's is syill there (mexican joint) Don't miss it.
> Jack (Red Raider 68)

Long gone I'm afraid. My fave LubMex is still Taco Pueblo at 3rd and R.
Or Pedro's Tamales -also out by the strip.
For Q there is Bigham's which ain't bad for low key local.
The further you go into the southeast side of town the better the Q
gets.

monroe(blew outta there years ago - still visit once and again)
Jack Sloan

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> > wrote:
>
> > "marcq" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Hi Everyone,
> > >
> > > Been a fan of the group for years. Having been out of work for a year
> > > now have
> > > an awesome job with great pay and the awesome benifit of being able to
> > > travel all over these 50 states. My first assignment will bring me to
> > > Lubbock TX next week. Please post any Q'Joints for fine vittles.
> > > Will post my reviews and opinions as they develop. Thanks in advance
> > > for all the help.
> > >
> > > Marc

> > If La Melinchi's is syill there (mexican joint) Don't miss it.
> > Jack (Red Raider 68)

> Long gone I'm afraid. My fave LubMex is still Taco Pueblo at 3rd and R.
> Or Pedro's Tamales -also out by the strip.
> For Q there is Bigham's which ain't bad for low key local.
> The further you go into the southeast side of town the better the Q
> gets.
>
> monroe(blew outta there years ago - still visit once and again)

Any data I have on Lubbock is way outta data.
Jack

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> wrote:

> Any data I have on Lubbock is way outta data.
> Jack

You can still get a Hidy-burger there!

monroe(with a cherry lime)
Jack Sloan

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> > wrote:
>
> > Any data I have on Lubbock is way outta data.
> > Jack

> You can still get a Hidy-burger there!
>
> monroe(with a cherry lime)

Is the White Pig at College and 4th still there?
Jack

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> wrote:

> "Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Jack Sloan"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Any data I have on Lubbock is way outta data.
> > > Jack

> > You can still get a Hidy-burger there!
> >
> > monroe(with a cherry lime)

> Is the White Pig at College and 4th still there?
> Jack

White Pig and CharKing went out in the late 70s. For a while it was a
Der Weinerschnitzel and then a BBQ burrito joint which was wonderful.At
4th and Univ is now a Burger King. Sad. But Tommy's burgers, Pete's
burgers and of course the 3rd incarnation of the Hi-D-Ho are still
rockin on strong. Some outfit called Jumbo Jim's bought out Andrews,
Daves Husky burger and several others.
The best meat in Lubbock is ground

monroe(could use some Tommy's Onion Rings about now)
bonedaddy

"marcq" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Been a fan of the group for years. Having been out of work for a year
> now have
> an awesome job with great pay and the awesome benifit of being able to
> travel all over these 50 states. My first assignment will bring me to
> Lubbock TX next week. Please post any Q'Joints for fine vittles.
> Will post my reviews and opinions as they develop. Thanks in advance
> for all the help.
>
> Marc

Marc,

I live in Lubbock and can vouch that there is not very good Q in Lubbock. I
will give you a run down of places that were mentioned by Monroe and Jack
and a few of my favorites.

County Line is very inconsistent with their food. Very good atmosphere and
live music. A guy named Bo Garza plays on the weekends and he is great.

Cagles Steakhouse on west 4th Street serves some of the best steak you can
find. They only serve ribeyes BTW. The steaks are all cut to order. A
must stop.

Like Monroe said Choochai's is very good. If you like Chinese food then you
must go to Gilbert's. Gilbert only serves Chinese on Saturday and you have
to call ahead to make reservations. Another must stop.

If you are a Mexican food fan there are three you need to go.
1. Lujans (Stacey's Plate is highly recommended)
2. Durango's (Owned by one of the original owners of Taco Pueblo and in
a much nicer part of town.)
3. Pedro's (You can't beat tamales fresh out of the steamer)

For Italian food, a must stop is Orlando's. It is Italian food with a
tex-mex spin. Another must stop.

I don't know how long you will be in Lubbock but if you need more
suggestions I will be more than happy to oblige.

bonedaddy (Red Raider 01)- GO TECH BEAT THE AGGIES!!!

BTW if you are going to be here this weekend make sure to go to the Tech
game. There will be plenty of tailgating going on.

Jack Sloan

"bonedaddy" <I HATE SPAM> wrote in message

> "marcq" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Been a fan of the group for years. Having been out of work for a year
> > now have
> > an awesome job with great pay and the awesome benifit of being able to
> > travel all over these 50 states. My first assignment will bring me to
> > Lubbock TX next week. Please post any Q'Joints for fine vittles.
> > Will post my reviews and opinions as they develop. Thanks in advance
> > for all the help.
> >
> > Marc

> Marc,
>
> I live in Lubbock and can vouch that there is not very good Q in Lubbock.

> will give you a run down of places that were mentioned by Monroe and Jack
> and a few of my favorites.
>
> County Line is very inconsistent with their food. Very good atmosphere

and
> live music. A guy named Bo Garza plays on the weekends and he is great.
>
> Cagles Steakhouse on west 4th Street serves some of the best steak you can
> find. They only serve ribeyes BTW. The steaks are all cut to order. A
> must stop.
>
> Like Monroe said Choochai's is very good. If you like Chinese food then

you
> must go to Gilbert's. Gilbert only serves Chinese on Saturday and you

have
> to call ahead to make reservations. Another must stop.
>
> If you are a Mexican food fan there are three you need to go.
> 1. Lujans (Stacey's Plate is highly recommended)
> 2. Durango's (Owned by one of the original owners of Taco Pueblo and

in
> a much nicer part of town.)
> 3. Pedro's (You can't beat tamales fresh out of the steamer)
>
> For Italian food, a must stop is Orlando's. It is Italian food with a
> tex-mex spin. Another must stop.
>
> I don't know how long you will be in Lubbock but if you need more
> suggestions I will be more than happy to oblige.
>
> bonedaddy (Red Raider 01)- GO TECH BEAT THE AGGIES!!!
>
> BTW if you are going to be here this weekend make sure to go to the Tech
> game. There will be plenty of tailgating going on.

TAILGATING?? When I spent my 5 years out there ya hadda go plumb to Tahoka
to get a beer.
Jack

bonedaddy

<snip>
> TAILGATING?? When I spent my 5 years out there ya hadda go plumb to Tahoka
> to get a beer.
> Jack

You still have to head out to the strip to get any beer. It really sucks
having to go all the way out there to get beer. The Tech games have plenty
of tailgating in the parking lot west of Jones Stadium.

bonedaddy