Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ Forums and Discussion Groups

Forums

The Virtual Weber Bullet - Discussion Group

The Kansas City Barbecue Forum

The Kansas City Grill Forum

Big Green Egg Forum - Ceramic cooker / grill

The BBQ Brethren Forum - Bandera or side box cookers

The Smoke Ring

--
Regards,
piedmont

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> Forums
>
> The Virtual Weber Bullet - Discussion Group
>
> The Kansas City Barbecue Forum
>
> The Kansas City Grill Forum
>
> Big Green Egg Forum - Ceramic cooker / grill
>
> The BBQ Brethren Forum - Bandera or side box cookers
>
> The Smoke Ring

The BBQ Forum

BBQ Central

The Pickled Pig Forums

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> Forums
>
> The Virtual Weber Bullet - Discussion Group
>
> The Kansas City Barbecue Forum
>
> The Kansas City Grill Forum
>
> Big Green Egg Forum - Ceramic cooker / grill
>
> The BBQ Brethren Forum - Bandera or side box cookers
>
> The Smoke Ring
>

> --
> Regards,
> piedmont
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Does anyone know of a gas grill forum?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "piedmont" > wrote in message
>> Forums
>>
>> The Virtual Weber Bullet - Discussion Group
>>
>> The Kansas City Barbecue Forum
>>
>> The Kansas City Grill Forum
>>
>> Big Green Egg Forum - Ceramic cooker / grill
>>
>> The BBQ Brethren Forum - Bandera or side box cookers
>>
>> The Smoke Ring
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> piedmont
>>
>> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
>>

> Does anyone know of a gas grill forum?

This is probably as close as you will get.

http://www.grillforum.com/que/queboard/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "piedmont" > wrote in message
>> Forums
>>
>> The Virtual Weber Bullet - Discussion Group
>>
>> The Kansas City Barbecue Forum
>>
>> The Kansas City Grill Forum
>>
>> Big Green Egg Forum - Ceramic cooker / grill
>>
>> The BBQ Brethren Forum - Bandera or side box cookers
>>
>> The Smoke Ring
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> piedmont
>>
>> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
>>

> Does anyone know of a gas grill forum?

If you type gas grill forum into a google search engine, you will get:

http://www.google.com/search?q=gas+g...=&startPage=1;

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Beea wrote:

> If you type gas grill forum into a google search engine, you will get:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=gas+g...=&startPage=1;

No doubt. But he wants an intelligent, informed recommendation.
Referring him to a search engine is pointless.

--
Reg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> "piedmont" > wrote in message
>> Forums
>>
>> The Virtual Weber Bullet - Discussion Group
>>
>> The Kansas City Barbecue Forum
>>
>> The Kansas City Grill Forum
>>
>> Big Green Egg Forum - Ceramic cooker / grill
>>
>> The BBQ Brethren Forum - Bandera or side box cookers
>>
>> The Smoke Ring
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> piedmont
>>
>> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
>>

> Does anyone know of a gas grill forum?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gas%2Bgrill%2Bforum
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"RegForte" > wrote in message
> Beea wrote:
>
>> If you type gas grill forum into a google search engine, you will
>> get:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=gas+g...=&startPage=1;

> No doubt. But he wants an intelligent, informed recommendation.
> Referring him to a search engine is pointless.

I was hoping that he could use his own intelligence and look through those
hits and find those listed forums. Maybe I was wrong in thinking that way?
Most people in this newsgroup aren't nearly as serious (or anal) as kent is
about gas grilling.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Beea wrote:
> "RegForte" > wrote in message
>> Beea wrote:
>>
>>> If you type gas grill forum into a google search engine, you
>>> will get:
>>>
>>> http://www.google.com/search?q=gas+g...=&startPage=1;

>> No doubt. But he wants an intelligent, informed recommendation.
>> Referring him to a search engine is pointless.
>>

> I was hoping that he could use his own intelligence and look through
> those hits and find those listed forums. Maybe I was wrong in
> thinking that way? Most people in this newsgroup aren't nearly as
> serious (or anal) as kent is about gas grilling.

Welcome to Kent World. Y'all come back, ya hear.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> Again, there are potential posters who don't want to listen to
> your brand of vitreole. A significant # of posters on this NG
> grill on gas when they grill rather than que. You can also smoke
> on a Weber gas.
> How's the trolling today? Slow, I'd guess.

Let's try for a really GOOD troll:

Obama has a gas grill and is thinking of adding charcoal
briquettes to get a good smoke flavor to the Prime Rib he's going
to Barbeque for the Seasonal Holiday Celebration this month. He
is cautioned that his Health Insurance wouldn't cover burns from
the igniter fluid exploding in his gas grill, so he wants to know
what brand of Liquid Smoke would be best to brush on the thin
slices of Prime Rib after he carves it. The Prime Rib will be
cooked to an internal temperature of 275f, and he's hoping that
the beef will suit most of his guests, but since the Jews and
Muslims cannot eat pork and the vegetarians won't eat meat, he
also wonders if there are any suggested recipes for barbecued
tofu.

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs
out of both sides of a drunken
Congressman’s mouth?

The floor is level.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Kent" > wrote in message
>
>> Again, there are potential posters who don't want to listen to your brand
>> of vitreole. A significant # of posters on this NG grill on gas when they
>> grill rather than que. You can also smoke on a Weber gas.
>> How's the trolling today? Slow, I'd guess.

> Let's try for a really GOOD troll:
>
> Obama has a gas grill and is thinking of adding charcoal briquettes to get
> a good smoke flavor to the Prime Rib he's going to Barbeque for the
> Seasonal Holiday Celebration this month. He is cautioned that his Health
> Insurance wouldn't cover burns from the igniter fluid exploding in his gas
> grill, so he wants to know what brand of Liquid Smoke would be best to
> brush on the thin slices of Prime Rib after he carves it. The Prime Rib
> will be cooked to an internal temperature of 275f, and he's hoping that
> the beef will suit most of his guests, but since the Jews and Muslims
> cannot eat pork and the vegetarians won't eat meat, he also wonders if
> there are any suggested recipes for barbecued tofu.
>

> --
> Nonny

Nonny, as I recall, you do most, if not all of your smoking and grilling
over gas.

Cheers,

Kent

BTW Nonny, I do enjoy and appreciate your insights about grilling and
smoking. You're one of a small number.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> Nonny said:
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Again, there are potential posters who don't want to listen to
>>> your brand of vitreole. A significant # of posters on this NG
>>> grill on gas when they grill rather than que. You can also smoke
>>> on a Weber gas.
>>> How's the trolling today? Slow, I'd guess.

>> Let's try for a really GOOD troll:
>>
>> Obama has a gas grill and is thinking of adding charcoal
>> briquettes to get a good smoke flavor to the Prime Rib he's going
>> to Barbeque for the Seasonal Holiday Celebration this month. He
>> is cautioned that his Health Insurance wouldn't cover burns from
>> the igniter fluid exploding in his gas grill, so he wants to know
>> what brand of Liquid Smoke would be best to brush on the thin
>> slices of Prime Rib after he carves it. The Prime Rib will be
>> cooked to an internal temperature of 275f, and he's hoping that
>> the beef will suit most of his guests, but since the Jews and
>> Muslims cannot eat pork and the vegetarians won't eat meat, he
>> also wonders if there are any suggested recipes for barbecued
>> tofu.

> You asked for it! ;-)
>
> I suggested they grill Rush Limbaugh. However the White House responded
> that
> there may be an issue of chemical contamination from mega-doses of
> restricted narcotic pharmaceuticals and saturation with nicotine and and
> other carcinogens which have likely found their way into the meat.
> Therefore
> said meat cannot pass EPA inspection for carcinogens and toxins. However
> this still leaves considerable amounts of blubber, but since White House
> Chef Comerford insists on a low fat regime, he must be trimmed down to
> lean,
> and Speaker Pelosi has suggested that the blubber be donated to hungry
> Inuit
> tribespeople. Reports suggest however that the Inuit consider the blubber
> be infested with evil spirits and will likely reject the offer. Any
> remaining uncontaminated meat will probably be too aged, tough, and
> fibrous
> even for jerkey, but the Inuit have indicated they would accept it for use
> in making sinew to sew skins onto their canoes. They also requested the
> skin
> itself, saying it would make a handsomely large canoe for their Chieftan.
> However they specifically asked that the rectum and mouth be excised from
> the hide before shipping, lest there be some confusion between the two.
>
> MartyB in KC

Take a listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=UZkvkLmkYVg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Again, there are potential posters who don't want to listen to
>>> your brand of vitreole. A significant # of posters on this NG
>>> grill on gas when they grill rather than que. You can also
>>> smoke on a Weber gas.
>>> How's the trolling today? Slow, I'd guess.

>> Let's try for a really GOOD troll:
>>
>> Obama has a gas grill and is thinking of adding charcoal
>> briquettes to get a good smoke flavor to the Prime Rib he's
>> going to Barbeque for the Seasonal Holiday Celebration this
>> month. He is cautioned that his Health Insurance wouldn't
>> cover burns from the igniter fluid exploding in his gas grill,
>> so he wants to know what brand of Liquid Smoke would be best to
>> brush on the thin slices of Prime Rib after he carves it. The
>> Prime Rib will be cooked to an internal temperature of 275f,
>> and he's hoping that the beef will suit most of his guests, but
>> since the Jews and Muslims cannot eat pork and the vegetarians
>> won't eat meat, he also wonders if there are any suggested
>> recipes for barbecued tofu.
>>

>> --
>> Nonny
>>

> Nonny, as I recall, you do most, if not all of your smoking and
> grilling over gas.

Grilling is over gas, nowadays, and I have a separate IR grill for
steaks and things I like with a char-rare bent. Smoking is by a
Bradley smoker, which can do hot or cold smoking with ease. We
now live in a neighborhood with small yard and no place to really
do any pre-burn like it used to be.

> Cheers,
>
> Kent
>
> BTW Nonny, I do enjoy and appreciate your insights about
> grilling and smoking. You're one of a small number.

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs
out of both sides of a drunken
Congressman’s mouth?

The floor is level.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in
message ...
> Nonny said:
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Again, there are potential posters who don't want to listen to
>>> your brand of vitreole. A significant # of posters on this NG
>>> grill on gas when they grill rather than que. You can also
>>> smoke
>>> on a Weber gas.
>>> How's the trolling today? Slow, I'd guess.

>> Let's try for a really GOOD troll:
>>
>> Obama has a gas grill and is thinking of adding charcoal
>> briquettes to get a good smoke flavor to the Prime Rib he's
>> going
>> to Barbeque for the Seasonal Holiday Celebration this month.
>> He
>> is cautioned that his Health Insurance wouldn't cover burns
>> from
>> the igniter fluid exploding in his gas grill, so he wants to
>> know
>> what brand of Liquid Smoke would be best to brush on the thin
>> slices of Prime Rib after he carves it. The Prime Rib will be
>> cooked to an internal temperature of 275f, and he's hoping that
>> the beef will suit most of his guests, but since the Jews and
>> Muslims cannot eat pork and the vegetarians won't eat meat, he
>> also wonders if there are any suggested recipes for barbecued
>> tofu.

> You asked for it! ;-)

There, I knew someone would go for it. <grin> I forgot to mention
that the vegetarians were Jayhawks. <double grin>

Nonny

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs
out of both sides of a drunken
Congressman’s mouth?

The floor is level.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 7, 3:28*pm, "Kent" > wrote:

> Take a listen to this:http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=UZkvkLmkYVg

No.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:32:15 -0500, piedmont wrote:
>
>> Forums
>>
>> The Virtual Weber Bullet - Discussion Group
>>
>> The Kansas City Barbecue Forum
>>
>> The Kansas City Grill Forum
>>
>> Big Green Egg Forum - Ceramic cooker / grill
>>
>> The BBQ Brethren Forum - Bandera or side box cookers
>>
>> The Smoke Ring

> alt.food.barbecue
>
> -sw

A Joke?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

now that is good, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Kent" > wrote in message
>
>> Again, there are potential posters who don't want to listen to your brand
>> of vitreole. A significant # of posters on this NG grill on gas when they
>> grill rather than que. You can also smoke on a Weber gas.
>> How's the trolling today? Slow, I'd guess.

> Let's try for a really GOOD troll:
>
> Obama has a gas grill and is thinking of adding charcoal briquettes to get
> a good smoke flavor to the Prime Rib he's going to Barbeque for the
> Seasonal Holiday Celebration this month. He is cautioned that his Health
> Insurance wouldn't cover burns from the igniter fluid exploding in his gas
> grill, so he wants to know what brand of Liquid Smoke would be best to
> brush on the thin slices of Prime Rib after he carves it. The Prime Rib
> will be cooked to an internal temperature of 275f, and he's hoping that
> the beef will suit most of his guests, but since the Jews and Muslims
> cannot eat pork and the vegetarians won't eat meat, he also wonders if
> there are any suggested recipes for barbecued tofu.
>

> --
> Nonny
>
> What does it mean when drool runs
> out of both sides of a drunken