Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default alt.food.curmudgeon

I used to frequent a newsgroup called alt.food.barbecue but cannot seem to
find it anywhere.

Perhaps you folks could advise where to find it?

I thought this was it but it seems I have walked into the wrong door to find
alt.food.curmudgeon

*Merriam-Webster; curmudgeon - 1. archaic: miser 2. : a crusty,
ill-tempered, and usually old man.

If you walk up to your friends house and all you hear is cursing and yelling
you typically turn around and walk away.

I have quietly walked away several times, returning hoping the OT and bad
mouthing has gone away but it still continues on. Some people are trolls
unware of it themselves. If you are unhappy in life see a shrink, don't hide
in your mental dark, tapping out sputum on a keyboard.

Dear mother said, if you don't have something nice to say, then say nothing.

You, who commonly argue have indeed and without question have ruined AFB by
keeping new folks away, go away, find another group to ruin. Hiding behind a
supposed love of bbq only to spend most of your time bickering, go the hell
away!

--
Regards,
piedmont

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont wrote:

> Dear mother said, if you don't have something nice to say, then say
> nothing.

That might explain the extremely low message volume of this group.

--
Reg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 4, 8:37*am, RegForte > wrote:
> piedmont wrote:
> > Dear mother said, if you don't have something nice to say, then say
> > nothing.

> That might explain the extremely low message volume of this group.

Ha!

Before I forget: Get off my damn lawn!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:

> On Dec 4, 8:37 am, RegForte > wrote:
>
>>piedmont wrote:
>>
>>>Dear mother said, if you don't have something nice to say, then say
>>>nothing.

>>That might explain the extremely low message volume of this group.

> Ha!
>
> Before I forget: Get off my damn lawn!

Sorry sir!

The ironic thing is, this group is soooo much tamer than it was
a just few years ago. The OP is ill informed.

What I wouldn't give to see TFM stumble in here stone drunk
at 3 AM and lay waste to anything that moves.

--
Reg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

The highly esteemed and pious "piedmont" > wrote:

> I used to frequent a newsgroup called alt.food.barbecue but cannot seem
> to find it anywhere.

[blah blah snipped]

My dear old Dad used to say, "Free advice is worth what you paid for it!"

Pres. Truman once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the
kitchen."

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote in message
>I used to frequent a newsgroup called alt.food.barbecue but cannot seem to
>find it anywhere.
>
> Perhaps you folks could advise where to find it?
>
> I thought this was it but it seems I have walked into the wrong door to
> find alt.food.curmudgeon
>
> *Merriam-Webster; curmudgeon - 1. archaic: miser 2. : a crusty,
> ill-tempered, and usually old man.
>
> If you walk up to your friends house and all you hear is cursing and
> yelling you typically turn around and walk away.
>
> I have quietly walked away several times, returning hoping the OT and bad
> mouthing has gone away but it still continues on. Some people are trolls
> unware of it themselves. If you are unhappy in life see a shrink, don't
> hide in your mental dark, tapping out sputum on a keyboard.
>
> Dear mother said, if you don't have something nice to say, then say
> nothing.
>
> You, who commonly argue have indeed and without question have ruined AFB
> by keeping new folks away, go away, find another group to ruin. Hiding
> behind a supposed love of bbq only to spend most of your time bickering,
> go the hell away!
>
> --
> Regards,
> piedmont
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

I've had it sitting in eternal-september for some time. The number of
messages has been about 200 for several years. It has dropped to 2 this
minute. I suspect the NG is dead. Does anyone know if this NG is moderated?
That might explain why it's dying faster than this NG.

Kent

FOS, and trying to learn,