Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Thanksgiving meal

Starting preparations for T'sgiving meal.

Cooked over coals, a, 12 LB. farm raised shoulder of pork, seasoned and
allowed to rest for two days with, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, oil and
vinegar.

Cornbread dressing (with cornbread made from leaf lard from a farm raised
hog) macaroni and cheese, cornbread, red beans and rice, deviled eggs,
red velvet cupcakes, collard greens.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

that sounds wonderful, where are the greens? and could you share that
cupcake recipe? Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"piedmont" > wrote in message
news
> Starting preparations for T'sgiving meal.
>
> Cooked over coals, a, 12 LB. farm raised shoulder of pork, seasoned and
> allowed to rest for two days with, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, oil and
> vinegar.
>
> Cornbread dressing (with cornbread made from leaf lard from a farm raised
> hog) macaroni and cheese, cornbread, red beans and rice, deviled eggs,
> red velvet cupcakes, collard greens.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> that sounds wonderful, where are the greens? and could you share that
> cupcake recipe? Lee
>
> --
> Have a wonderful day
>
> "piedmont" > wrote in message
> news
>> Starting preparations for T'sgiving meal.
>>
>> Cooked over coals, a, 12 LB. farm raised shoulder of pork, seasoned and
>> allowed to rest for two days with, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, oil and
>> vinegar.
>>
>> Cornbread dressing (with cornbread made from leaf lard from a farm raised
>> hog) macaroni and cheese, cornbread, red beans and rice, deviled
>> eggs, red velvet cupcakes, collard greens.

Greens (collards) is right there at bottom. and the Velvet cupcakes is just
a standard cake recipe poured into cupcakes for easy distribution.
piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i was hoping for grandma's cake recipe... sorry for some reason i didn't get
the greens... but witth the rest of the menu i just knew there had to be.
Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"piedmont" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> that sounds wonderful, where are the greens? and could you share that
>> cupcake recipe? Lee
>>
>> --
>> Have a wonderful day
>>
>> "piedmont" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> Starting preparations for T'sgiving meal.
>>>
>>> Cooked over coals, a, 12 LB. farm raised shoulder of pork, seasoned and
>>> allowed to rest for two days with, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, oil
>>> and vinegar.
>>>
>>> Cornbread dressing (with cornbread made from leaf lard from a farm
>>> raised hog) macaroni and cheese, cornbread, red beans and rice,
>>> deviled eggs, red velvet cupcakes, collard greens.
>>>

> Greens (collards) is right there at bottom. and the Velvet cupcakes is
> just a standard cake recipe poured into cupcakes for easy distribution.
> piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:44:18 -0500, "piedmont" > wrote:

>Starting preparations for T'sgiving meal.
>
>Cooked over coals, a, 12 LB. farm raised shoulder of pork, seasoned and
>allowed to rest for two days with, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, oil and
>vinegar.
>
>Cornbread dressing (with cornbread made from leaf lard from a farm raised
>hog) macaroni and cheese, cornbread, red beans and rice, deviled eggs,
>red velvet cupcakes, collard greens.

That's a great recipe... maccheroni, cheese, rice, greens... what a
beautiful blend.

Of course also the meat seems great.

I'm sure you'll have many congrats. Hey, you have to tell us what your
guests will say.

I wrote down the recipe because I want to prepare something similar
(but I'm Italian). Anyway, I don't need an holiday to prepare this
beautiful recipe.

--
http://NewOnlineShopping.net Read the article about the Star Wars Jersey!

http://TechGamesBlog.com USB Gadgets, Music, a Magic Wand and... Star Wars.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Nov 25, 2:12*pm, Manuel > wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:44:18 -0500, "piedmont" > wrote:
> >Starting preparations for T'sgiving meal.

> >Cooked over coals, a, 12 LB. farm raised shoulder of pork, seasoned and
> >allowed to rest for two days with, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, oil and
> >vinegar.

> >Cornbread dressing (with cornbread made from leaf lard from a farm raised
> >hog) *macaroni and cheese, *cornbread, *red beans and rice, *deviled eggs,
> >red velvet cupcakes, collard greens.

> That's a great recipe... maccheroni, cheese, rice, greens... what a
> beautiful blend.
>
> Of course also the meat seems great.
>
> I'm sure you'll have many congrats. Hey, you have to tell us what your
> guests will say.
>
> I wrote down the recipe because I want to prepare something similar
> (but I'm Italian). Anyway, I don't need an holiday to prepare this
> beautiful recipe.

21 lb. turkey was brined overnight in Kosher salt, water, brown sugar
and assorted herbs in my cooler in a jumbo Ziploc bag with a bag of
ice on top. Stayed nice and cold all night.

Estimated smoking time was 6 - 7 hours at 350. Actually smoked with
hickory for 5.5 hours to the proper internal temperature. Everyone
commented on the smokey flavor and moistness of the turkey. I never
cooked a bird that size but, very pleased everyone enjoyed.

Does brining increase the speed of cooking?

Rob