FoodBanter.com

-   -   Mustard based BBQ (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/179143-mustard-based-bbq.html)

blorgensteve 21-11-2009 11:06 AM

Mustard based BBQ

Anyone have a good recipe? South Carolina bbq is absolutely amazing.

Nick Cramer 21-11-2009 11:24 AM

Mustard based BBQ

blorgensteve > wrote:
> Anyone have a good recipe? South Carolina bbq is absolutely amazing.

4 oz dry mustard (Coleman's makes a tin that comes in either 2 or 4 oz)
1 cup White vinegar

Mix these two well and let sit overnight.

Whip in -
2 eggs
1 cup sugar (or Splenda® ?)
1/2 tsp salt

put in double boiler and cook until thick - you will need to stir
constantly and not heat it too fast or it gets lumpy. If you under cook it
will be very runny.

Joe Wells

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Nonny 21-11-2009 08:19 PM

Mustard based BBQ

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> blorgensteve > wrote:
>> Anyone have a good recipe? South Carolina bbq is absolutely
>> amazing.

> 4 oz dry mustard (Coleman's makes a tin that comes in either 2
> or 4 oz)
> 1 cup White vinegar
>
> Mix these two well and let sit overnight.
>
> Whip in -
> 2 eggs
> 1 cup sugar (or Splenda® ?)
> 1/2 tsp salt
>
> put in double boiler and cook until thick - you will need to
> stir
> constantly and not heat it too fast or it gets lumpy. If you
> under cook it
> will be very runny.
>
> Joe Wells
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and
> their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a
> Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not
> forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC
> 1365061

Joe, here's one of the classic glazes or toppings, from what I
understand. It's all a matter of taste, and despite being
distantly related to Danny, I still prefer KC style over the
mustard based sauces. http://www.dannysbbq.com/recipes.asp?rid=9

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs