FoodBanter.com

-   -   Brining Turkey (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/179100-brining-turkey.html)

Walter Mitty 20-11-2009 12:19 AM

Brining Turkey

I'm fancying brining a turkey for a few days. I've a couple of questions.

Is it safe to brine in one's garage?

Should I brine with the stuffing in?

Nick Cramer 20-11-2009 12:42 AM

Brining Turkey

"Walter Mitty" > wrote:
> I'm fancying brining a turkey for a few days. I've a couple of questions.
>
> Is it safe to brine in one's garage?

Absolutely, "Walter". Be sure to add Liquid Smoke to the brine.

> Should I brine with the stuffing in?

Definitely! Might I suggest scaling up a Skirlie recipe to fit the bird:

50g of butter or (beef) drippings
1 onion - finely chopped
175g oatmeal
Salt and pepper (skip the salt since your brining)

Hope that helps. Slainte Mhath!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

B-Worthey[_2_] 21-11-2009 01:33 AM

Brining Turkey

On Nov 20, 8:24*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:19:22 -0000, Walter Mitty wrote:

> Your fly is open and that thing is hanging out, GW.
>
> -sw

I've been away from the group here for quite some time now, but even I
can spot that one a mile away!

B-Worthey

Tutall 21-11-2009 03:14 AM

Brining Turkey

On Nov 20, 4:33*pm, B-Worthey > wrote:
> On Nov 20, 8:24*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:19:22 -0000, Walter Mitty wrote:

> > Your fly is open and that thing is hanging out, GW.

> > -sw

> I've been away from the group here for quite some time now, but even I
> can spot that one a mile away!
>
> B-Worthey

Yo, Brian, glad to see ya.

Dave Bugg 21-11-2009 03:19 AM

Brining Turkey

Tutall wrote:
> On Nov 20, 4:33 pm, B-Worthey > wrote:
>> On Nov 20, 8:24 am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:19:22 -0000, Walter Mitty wrote:

>>> Your fly is open and that thing is hanging out, GW.

>>> -sw

>> I've been away from the group here for quite some time now, but even
>> I can spot that one a mile away!
>>
>> B-Worthey

> Yo, Brian, glad to see ya.

Ditto.